Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next year at UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well if Tubby stays (which he will unfortunatly). We will see the same things happen to the CATS next year. How long will they put up with his losing?
#1ukfan Wrote:Well if Tubby stays (which he will unfortunatly). We will see the same things happen to the CATS next year. How long will they put up with his losing?

Also...I think the attacks on the Kentucky fanbase is unfair. Whats unrealistic about expecting your team to show some improvement instead of declining every year?
Things could be really ugly next year. It looked like Morris was auditioning for a pro job over the past few weeks. If Patterson & Lucas go elsewhere a winning record to be tough to get. I think there are young players on the team with raw talent, but it doesn't seem like players at UK are improving that much anymore. Next year's team could have Stevenson & Carter starting in the worst case scenario, and neither of them has logged much court time.
The only way to think about Kentucky basketball next year without serious consideration of jumping out of a ten story building is to do it thinking Tubby Smith will be eradicated next season and an entire staff of 'great' coaches possibly headed up by a John Calipari, a Billy Gillespie or a Billy Donovan roaming the sidelines of Rupp Arena. Yes, now I'll take that.
If Tubby's back next year for another double digit loss season and another second round NCAA tourney exit, here's probably what it'll look like in the stands...

[Image: 238860229.jpg]
is the patterson kid coming to uk?
14thregionallstate Wrote:is the patterson kid coming to uk?

Not a chance.
14thregionallstate Wrote:is the patterson kid coming to uk?

It's between Florida and Kentucky. And there is a good chance of either. Waiting on the coaching situations to play out and see how playing time will stack up at both schools.
I really dont see how things could get worse for them. They have 2 returning juniors maybe 3, and meeks jasper and stevenson. Plus, With the Williams guy coming in, he looks like he has to be better than wut Orbzut and Allyene was, and then Aj stewart.
Super_de Wrote:I really dont see how things could get worse for them. They have 2 returning juniors maybe 3, and meeks jasper and stevenson. Plus, With the Williams guy coming in, he looks like he has to be better than wut Orbzut and Allyene was, and then Aj stewart.

Agree 100%. Theres no reason we should not be able to sustain the current level of mediocrity.
Patterson..SAVE YOURSELF THE EMBARASSMENT AND PICK FLORIDA UNLESS YOU WANT TO AVERAGE 8 POINTS AND 3 REBOUNDS A GAME!
Kansas came down and ran offense- they made cuts, picked, moved without the ball, etc. UK just came down and stood around with their thumbs up their asses because they're not coached to do anything else. Meanwhile, Tubby sat in his chair or crouched on the floor, did nothing else, the man couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

My dad said tonight that another man told him that they won't get rid of Tubby, they'll just replace his coaching staff (which won't help, except maybe recruiters). The man destroyed UK basketball, it's pathetic.
its funny you all say this. They lost by 12 to i think the best team in the nation. The most Athletic team in the nation, the quickest team in the nation, heck they played pretty darn good to me. Did you all accualty think Uk would beat them?
And it is fans like you who has adjusted to mediocrity with UK BASKETBALL..So tell me how that works out for ya... WE ARE UK..WE ARE SUPPOSE TO WIN..WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE FAVORITE AND NOT JUST "WE ONLY LOST BY 12" BS!
most teams in the nation wouldnt even come close to kansas. Now tell me something, can you honeslty say Kentucky could beat kansas this year? There is no possible way that you could.
OR Last year..But I guess we done good because we only lost by 26 huh..
yeah you answered my question. Good job, was i talkin about last year? I dont think i was.
lets go wildcats in 08 is all i can say. lets hope for the best cause we wont know until it gets here
Save yourself the embarassment as well! This is what all REAL UK fans are talking about! When it gets to the point that you KNOW you cannot even compete with a team is the day that the A.D. needs to take a VERY GOOD LOOK AT HIS PROGRAM!
Super_de Wrote:its funny you all say this. They lost by 12 to i think the best team in the nation. The most Athletic team in the nation, the quickest team in the nation, heck they played pretty darn good to me. Did you all accualty think Uk would beat them?

Nope...wasn't expecting a win. But its hard to see Uk's talent level being so inferior to these other teams.
Super_de Wrote:most teams in the nation wouldnt even come close to kansas. Now tell me something, can you honeslty say Kentucky could beat kansas this year? There is no possible way that you could.

good for most teams. but guess what, this aint most teams... THIS IS KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU bizmark and BENGAL CAT..My points exactly!
bizmark Wrote:good for most teams. but guess what, this aint most teams... THIS IS KENTUCKY BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a new DECADE of basketball. KENTUCKY BASKETBALL is not going to be on top forever. Can you all seem to get that through your head. I Love kentucky basketball, but ive realized that kentucky is not going to be the best every year whoever is the coach. Whether we have Coach Pitino or tubby.
Super_de Wrote:its funny you all say this. They lost by 12 to i think the best team in the nation. The most Athletic team in the nation, the quickest team in the nation, heck they played pretty darn good to me. Did you all accualty think Uk would beat them?

this is the point man. it should be other fans saying this about kentucky. they should be sayin "we only lost by 12 to kentucky who i think is the best team in the nation." its great that you support them because i will always support them no matter how bad, but uk fans cannot just settle for loosing in the second round. north carolina is 8 wins away from having the most ncaa tournament wins EVER! at this rate itll take uk 2 years to get to 100 wins if they average 1 win every year.
bizmark Wrote:this is the point man. it should be other fans saying this about kentucky. they should be sayin "we only lost by 12 to kentucky who i think is the best team in the nation." its great that you support them because i will always support them no matter how bad, but uk fans cannot just settle for loosing in the second round. north carolina is 8 wins away from having the most ncaa tournament wins EVER! at this rate itll take uk 2 years to get to 100 wins if they average 1 win every year.

But you all always think of the negative. I mean i know what you saying i do understand it, But really why say fire tubby, its everyones Opinion and the way i see it, Tubby is not going anywhere. And im done with the threads about bashing kentucky and tubby now.
Thank God! See ya!
nobody bashed kentucky, just tubby. but hey guys im glad that you all have settled for 2nd round losses
If Tubby is there 10 more years, UK will be THIRD on the alltime wins list. You can mark that down as well, because North Carolina and Kansas will pass them...
Im gonna walk out on that fragile limb and predict:
UK basketball 2007-2008,
22 wins 11 losses, 9-7 3rd place SEC, second round exit SEC tourney, second round exit NCAA tourney.....
but hey, at least we'll make the tourney!
unfourtanetley 32, thats some peoples mind set. hey at least we got beat by the best
Pages: 1 2