Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jim Rome: Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My satellite went out, did anyone catch what Rome said about Kentucky?
Basically, he said Kentucky is an elite program and deserve better than Tubby Smith. Said 10 losses a season wouldn't cut it at Kentucky.
calQlate Wrote:Basically, he said Kentucky is an elite program and deserve better than Tubby Smith. Said 10 losses a season wouldn't cut it at Kentucky.

Something that every "true and knowledgeable" Kentucky basketball fan already knows.
Sounds like Jim Everett knocked some brains in to Jim Rome, lol!
Jim Rome is a straight shooter... and I love it.... it's rare that you find someone like him still in the business... way too many asskissers....

I just hope I can become half of what Jim Rome is...
Come on guys. everyone knows what a moron Jim Rome is.
moofer Wrote:Come on guys. everyone knows what a moron Jim Rome is.

He's a complete asshole... but that's what makes his programs worth listening too and watching... if you do his work and you want to be good, you can't be afarid to piss people off....
FreakNasty Wrote:He's a complete asshole... but that's what makes his programs worth listening too and watching... if you do his work and you want to be good, you can't be afarid to piss people off....
No doubt, much like Gregg Doyel of the Sports Writers world.
FreakNasty Wrote:He's a complete asshole... but that's what makes his programs worth listening too and watching... if you do his work and you want to be good, you can't be afarid to piss people off....

I agree 100%. I dont like Rome one bit but I do agree with alot of things he says, he tells it like it is and again I agree thats the way you have to be in this business or you will get no where.
-STATS- Wrote:I agree 100%. I dont like Rome one bit but I do agree with alot of things he says, he tells it like it is and again I agree thats the way you have to be in this business or you will get no where.

If your in the media and you have people come to you and say "I love your work" and some who say "I hate your guts, I dont like you" etc... your doing a hell of a job....

When you work in media, you will be called anything... lord knows what I have been called too my face (asshole, scum, bastard, etc), and I dont even want to know what's been said behind my back... Smile

The bottomline is, people dont like the truth most of the time, but it's your job to report 1. the facts, and if you have the ability 2. your opinion...
calQlate Wrote:Basically, he said Kentucky is an elite program and deserve better than Tubby Smith. Said 10 losses a season wouldn't cut it at Kentucky.
Amen, this brings tears to my eyes, I suddenly love Jim Rome
well its a fact. Rome is right.
Amun-Ra Wrote:well its a fact. Rome is right.

How is that a fact?
how is it not??? is UK not an elite program? has Tub failed to deliver? yes and yes. things have been gettin worse not better. something needs to be done. i mean i am just a fan, Jim Rome is the sports anaylist.
FreakNasty Wrote:If your in the media and you have people come to you and say "I love your work" and some who say "I hate your guts, I dont like you" etc... your doing a hell of a job....

When you work in media, you will be called anything... lord knows what I have been called too my face (asshole, scum, bastard, etc), and I dont even want to know what's been said behind my back... Smile

The bottomline is, people dont like the truth most of the time, but it's your job to report 1. the facts, and if you have the ability 2. your opinion...

Very accurate statement Freak.
Very accurate indeed, sometimes people see the world in rose colored glasses and they can't see or refuse to face facts.
Amun-Ra Wrote:how is it not??? is UK not an elite program? has Tub failed to deliver? yes and yes. things have been gettin worse not better. something needs to be done. i mean i am just a fan, Jim Rome is the sports anaylist.

BIG BIG difference between fact and opinion. It is your opinion that Coach Smith has not delivered since coming to Kentucky. It is my opinion that he has, and that he will again...SOON. The FACT is that he has won 2 National Coach of the year awards and a National Title. Thats a FACT.
and in those two years he failed to get to the Final Four. one of those years UK was overall number 1. i used to think Roy Williams choked but dang. one thing Tubby has delivered is a all more occuring sound of people turning the channel when UK plays. that of which i thought i would never see in my lifetime. Rupp is turning over in his grave at this pathetic mess we have in Lexington.
Amun-Ra Wrote:and in those two years he failed to get to the Final Four. one of those years UK was overall number 1. i used to think Roy Williams choked but dang. one thing Tubby has delivered is a all more occuring sound of people turning the channel when UK plays. that of which i thought i would never see in my lifetime. Rupp is turning over in his grave at this pathetic mess we have in Lexington.

SmileSmileSmile
i agree it is amusing. it is amusing that we have come acustomed to sub-par results.
Amun-Ra Wrote:i agree it is amusing. it is amusing that we have come acustomed to sub-par results.
I didn't even realize how pathetic he has made me, but I just said if they win two games in the tourney it will be a success, it used to be a Final Four
corndog23 Wrote:BIG BIG difference between fact and opinion. It is your opinion that Coach Smith has not delivered since coming to Kentucky. It is my opinion that he has, and that he will again...SOON. The FACT is that he has won 2 National Coach of the year awards and a National Title. Thats a FACT.
What is it that you and your buddy always say..Like beating a dead horse!!!!!:Thumbs:
I like Rome simply because he is a straight shooter...even when he says things about my teams that I dont like (calling the one for the thumb "lame", lol..called the Pirates the 3rd best AAA team in baseball, lol) you have to admire him for that...I COMPLETELY AGREE that he is right on the money about UK and Tubby too..and you will find very few people in the commonwealth that wont agree with him about this.
rome is right we do deserve better but tubby will be here next year.
Jim Rome is one of the best in his buisness. Fans of all college and pro teams criticize him because he tells the truth, and the fans can't stand that. UK and Tubby fans hate it when some media person outside the state says something negative, even though it be the absolute truth. Everything Rome said about UK was the truth and the Tubby supporters post their hatred toward him. Some day they'll wake up and learn that everything about UK isn't OK...and someone needs to report it. Rome did just that.
Jim Rome is horrible... He interjects himself into every story so he can be in the spotlight. Everything he says is regurgitated.
i agree i hate Rome never have liked him, but his comments are dead on.