Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greatest NCAA Upset?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember when Richmond upset Syracuse 73-69 in 1991 and Santa Clara smacking Arizona 64-61 in 1993. Let's here yours!
if its the tourney Id have to say the NC State/Houston championship game in '83 or the Villanova/Georgetown game in '85 were two big ones...overall though, Id take the Chaminade over #1 Virginia game in '82
Mr. Baseball Wrote:I remember when Richmond upset Syracuse 73-69 in 1991
Yeah Spiders baby!!!! Too bad we were horrible this year. I would love for us to get back to being good and students might actually go to the games.
Santa Clara over Arizona in 1993, 15 over 2. That game was actually on ESPN Classic today.
What about George Mason from last year
ETSU over Zona
15 seed Bucknell over 2 seed Kansas a couple years back was a big upset.
Id have to go with 'Nova over Georgetown in 1985.
'Nova shot a NCAA-record 78.6 percent (22 of 28) from the field against the nation's top-ranked defense
HAIL PIKEVILLE Wrote:15 seed Bucknell over 2 seed Kansas a couple years back was a big upset.

Wasnt that a 14-3??
Yeah Bucknell was the 14 seed. They won the game 64-63. It was their first ever NCAA tourney victory
Coppin State over South Carolina (15 over 2) is one that is forgotten....

George Mason over UCONN last year was a major upset, just doesn't have the same feel as a 1st round upset....
I didn't think the George Mason/UCONN game was a big upset. George Mason was very underrated, and the opposite was true for UCONN.
I hope TX A&M-CC over Wisconsin can be added to the list. That would help my brackets.
Princeton over UCLA back door baby.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I didn't think the George Mason/UCONN game was a big upset. George Mason was very underrated, and the opposite was true for UCONN.

I'm basing my upset on the fact that a vast majority of people had UCONN as the national champ before the tournament started... in reality UCONN could have lost all 3 of the games they played before the George Mason game....

I think we forgot about Weber State over North Carolina in 99 as well.... saw some of that one on ESPN Classic yesterday...
I remember watching #1 seed Georgetown with Alonzo Mourning and company squeeze a 50-49 win over #16 seed Princeton several years ago..Princeton had chances to win that game but couldnt...THAT would have been the biggest upset in the tournament if they could have pulled it out..big if though, lol..I remember Dick Vitale wearing that Princeton sweater after it was over, lol..classic stuff
another huge upset that doesnt look that huge on paper was when Duke knocked off UNLV in the '91 semifinals....that UNLV team, in my opinion was the greatest team I have ever seen, even though they didnt win the national championship..Duke played a perfect game that night, and beat UNLV, led by Larry Johnson, Stacey Augmon, Anderson Hunt, Greg Anthony and George Ackle...The Rebs beat Duke to death in the 1990 national championship game by 30 points and carried a 34-0 record into the game..
the richmond aburn game from 1984 is on espn classic right now
The Bucknell/Kansas game was on ESPN Classic this evening.
cards_athlete Wrote:The Bucknell/Kansas game was on ESPN Classic this evening.

Yes it was and it was awesome to watch to.