Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Northern Kentucky Norse (24-8)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know most people on here probably aren't familiar with the Norse, but last night in the second round of the D-II National Tournament, the #4 seed Norse upset the Region's #1 seed, Findlay (29-1) AT Findlay, 60-56. Findlay owned the nation's longest home winning streak (59 games), and had not lost to a non-conference opponent at home since 1997. Northern Kentucky now plays #7 seed Grand Valley State (28-4) at the University of Findlay tomorrow night for the Great Lakes Region Championship and a trip to the NCAA Division II Elite Eight. I will be attending the game and supporting my Norse all the way. Like I said, I know most people on BGR may not be familiar with the Northern Kentucky basketball program, but I thought I would inform all of you of a smaller Kentucky university that is making national headlines on the basketball court!!!!!!
This is awesome to hear it really is! Hopefullythe Norse can get the W, good luck!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I know most people on here probably aren't familiar with the Norse, but last night in the second round of the D-II National Tournament, the #4 seed Norse upset the Region's #1 seed, Findlay (29-1) AT Findlay, 60-56. Findlay owned the nation's longest home winning streak (59 games), and had not lost to a non-conference opponent at home since 1997. Northern Kentucky now plays #7 seed Grand Valley State (28-4) at the University of Findlay tomorrow night for the Great Lakes Region Championship and a trip to the NCAA Division II Elite Eight. I will be attending the game and supporting my Norse all the way. Like I said, I know most people on BGR may not be familiar with the Northern Kentucky basketball program, but I thought I would inform all of you of a smaller Kentucky university that is making national headlines on the basketball court!!!!!!

I know a bit about the Norse as well. I watched them play the homecoming game this year. My son is a freshman at NKU and was the Duke of homecoming.

Glad to see someone posting about a smaller team. That may even bring members from that area to the site.
Correction on my post...

Grand Valley State is a #3 seed, not a #7 seed.
Good luck to NKU!!! Hope they go all the way!!!
Its great any time any school from the great state of KY does good I will support them.
GO NORSE! Like Midee, my son also goes to NKU. This is great!
I have been to several medical symposiums at NKU. and I support all Ky teams.

So Drop the hammer on'em Norse we are behind you 100%.

Nice to see someone posting about the other Ky teams.
I'll continue to post about NKU baseball and softball as I become more familiar with it all. I will also keep members updated on Northern KY high school baseball as well.

As far as the basketball game is concerned, here is a link for live stats and webcasts. They play at 7:00 pm. Just click on whichever one you prefer. Both links are on the upper right corner of the page. Click the following link and "Live Webcast" and "Live Stats" will appear on the right. GO NORSE!!! http://www.findlay.edu/ncaabasketball/