Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Year in the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
wymtsports96 Wrote:that post really made my day. Butcher is a good coach but he is cocky and some people don't like him because that but hey if he's winning he has the right to be, and yea you are right if he is coaching your team then you are going to back him up, unfortunatley you have the select few that doesnt back them up everytime they lose or don't go to state they think they should be out of there, even though Amanda Collins/Stiltner done a great job at belfry this year, I'm pretty sure that some fans and people at Belfry wished that they never wanted to get rid of Mark Gannon, you never know what you got until its gone and that is the case and will be the case if people start wanting to get rid of Butcher.

The difference is that Mark Gannon wasn't forced out or "gotten rid of", he resigned on his own accord, because he wanted to do other things, he is still at Belfry and still very respected as a teacher, parent, and former coach.
Tubby Lover Wrote:He took a team that someone elese put together and won .I would like for him to build a program for scratchand then come and talk to me.Let him take the boys at Pike Central and win the region,then I will be convinced that he is a good coach!

Let me get this straight.....A year ago he took over a team BUILT with ONE junior, ONE sophomore, THREE freshman, and NINE 8th graders? That is some great building there.
Phoenix Wrote:The difference is that Mark Gannon wasn't forced out or "gotten rid of", he resigned on his own accord, because he wanted to do other things, he is still at Belfry and still very respected as a teacher, parent, and former coach.

ummmmm yeah Tussey still teaches at PC as well just thought i would throw that out there. I think everyone at PC has respect for her she was a great coach she just did not know what to do with what she had. She was great at developing the talent but could not mesh it well together. I respect Tussey and talk to her everytime I see her but as we have talked b-4 about the talent she had she will admit the games that she "should" have won with what she had.
I think East Ridge will be a continder toward the end of the season. They have a great coach and have some really good young tallent. If they aren't a contender this year, they deffinently will be next year! They have Conley, Swindall, McCarty, and many other girls that can step up and fill in for the girls that were seniors last year. I see many good things in East Ridges' future! Good luck Lady Warriors!
streetball_1 Wrote:I think East Ridge will be a continder toward the end of the season. They have a great coach and have some really good young tallent. If they aren't a contender this year, they deffinently will be next year! They have Conley, Swindall, McCarty, and many other girls that can step up and fill in for the girls that were seniors last year. I see many good things in East Ridges' future! Good luck Lady Warriors!

very well said
IMO, the 15th is going to be loaded this year, there is alot of teams going to do very well ,just look in pike county alone with Pike Central, East Ridge, Valley, Belfry it will be a tight one this year , not to mention JC, MC, BL, I for one can't wait .
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:My father was on the site base and it was a fair hiring, there were I belive four men in the running for the job. The process on the night when they voted took several hours it began around 6 pm and my father did not get in until nearly 1 am the next morning. Each applicant was given a fair shot at the job, Butcher just came out the best man for the job. McCoy was there but did not say much through out the process rather than asking the questions that he asked each and every applicant. The votes were very close i belive Butcher won by only a coupl of votes. So would you like to know more?

We're all not stupid, we know there is always political pull for these hirings. There were far better applicants at Belfry, but Stiltner (Collins) got the position because of political pull, the same as Butcher. Site base council members makes their recommendations, even if they don't want a particular applicant, and the Principal always has the final say. I think he really should go with the site base council decisions, but sometime they don't. In these cases, especially Belfry's, this is what happend.
cupcake Wrote:We're all not stupid, we know there is always political pull for these hirings. There were far better applicants at Belfry, but Stiltner (Collins) got the position because of political pull, the same as Butcher. Site base council members makes their recommendations, even if they don't want a particular applicant, and the Principal always has the final say. I think he really should go with the site base council decisions, but sometime they don't. In these cases, especially Belfry's, this is what happend.

I've heard that Butcher at Pike Central may be feeling the kind of "pressure" Tussey was feeling before her stint as head coach was over now that the leadership of the school is changing...Confusedhh:

It will be interesting to see what pans out, if anything.
I think PC will be very hard to beat next year with Lowe and a good supporting cast.
rallo316 Wrote:I think PC will be very hard to beat next year with Lowe and a good supporting cast.

I agree with you they will be a great team, But they will have a bulls eye on there backs from the first game they play this season, Every team will be trying with everything they have to beat them , So they better play smart ball this year and IMO Butcher needs to be letting the other 2 tall strong girls play alot this year to get them ready or when Lowe is gone they will be hurting in the post area, because you need size and strength , because I have seen alot of other teams try to play smaller girls under the goal and they can't do anything with the ones with size MOST OF THE TIME. unless you are HALEY RATLIFF that is, lol she was awesome anywhere they put her on the floor:notworthy GOING TO BE MISSED GREATLY, best of luck Haley we love you, but anyways thats just how I see it , there is so much talent on that team, and alot that most people hasn't got to see just yet. hopefully they will this season.
Did he get hired as a teacher this week?
hootie Wrote:Did he get hired as a teacher this week?

Yes, the families of the girls showed their support in amazing fashion and Coach Butcher was hired back.
Good luck this year!
cupcake Wrote:We're all not stupid, we know there is always political pull for these hirings. There were far better applicants at Belfry, but Stiltner (Collins) got the position because of political pull, the same as Butcher. Site base council members makes their recommendations, even if they don't want a particular applicant, and the Principal always has the final say. I think he really should go with the site base council decisions, but sometime they don't. In these cases, especially Belfry's, this is what happend.

Well you may not be stupid but I am telling you that in the Pike Central case politics did not effect the out come. The site base voted on who they thought was the best applicant, I can tell you there was no better coach who applied for the job at PC. Butcher is who everyone wanted besides some of the parents. But, now that they have seen what he has done they are all happy on the decision that was made.

Going to Stiltner at Belfry if I was you all I would be happy who I got. Yes, she has made some mistakes but heck she led you all to a regional championship in her first year and beat many great teams in her first year. What more could you ask for, she was beating Pike Central in the finals but PC put together a strong second half just like they did against Valley, Rose Hill and Notre Dame. Over on Pond Creek they have nothing to hang their heads about. The only thing I wish that could have been done diffrently was try to keep Mark for about 2 more years let Stiltner take over the JV program so she could have got more expericnce under a great coach. I have a great respect for the Belfry program and past and present coaching staff. They are the team I hate to watch Pike Central play year in and year out b/c they are always loaded and have the coaching staff and support to make dreams happen.
imo valley wins region with rodney rowe as the coach and roberts, perkins and cantel returning
I think Valley has a good shot at it this year, but so does Belfry,and Pike Central so it should be a great season to watch girls basketball.
Pike Central is the team to beat.
I think Pike Central is a good ball team, IMO they have the talent to go really far this coming season, But can Holly Harris handle the presure as point guard like Haley did? They are going to have to work hard and work well together to make up for not having Haley this yr. Haley left some big shoe's to fill, I FOR ONE HOPE TO SEE THEM DO WELL THIS YEAR, I also hope to see some of the girls who didn't get to play alot in the past get a chance to play more, they need to step up and give it all they have and the coach needs to let them play not just certain ones IMO . I really think he is a good coach, but He needs to play more girls, I know every girl can't play all the time this is not little league, but the more playing time they get the better they will get, and I for one think he needs them all , If you don't need 15 or 16 girls why have that many on the team?
Will be fun to watch Spears and Rowe match wits in the 59th this year!
JC gonna be tuff again.
Coach Tussey and Stiltner Collins are both great people and great coaches huge asset to any program.
I think the 6o th district is the tuffest!
The Private Wrote:I think the 6o th district is the tuffest!

With PC and Belfry both, I would have to agree with that statement.
First, I jsut read the last page of this, and 15th was right Belfry has nothing to complain about, she is going to do great things, and I think is content at Belfry.
Butcher IMO is a pretty good coach. Personally I do think he is cocky, but sometimes that attitude helps you as a coach. He will be a good coach but he will be coaching guys in a couple years either at Central or somewere else.

How do you get that?

Collins has 0 connection to the Belfry area aside from her coaching at BMS, so who was "politically" pulling for her?
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:I think Pike Central is a good ball team, IMO they have the talent to go really far this coming season, But can Holly Harris handle the presure as point guard like Haley did? They are going to have to work hard and work well together to make up for not having Haley this yr. Haley left some big shoe's to fill, I FOR ONE HOPE TO SEE THEM DO WELL THIS YEAR, I also hope to see some of the girls who didn't get to play alot in the past get a chance to play more, they need to step up and give it all they have and the coach needs to let them play not just certain ones IMO . I really think he is a good coach, but He needs to play more girls, I know every girl can't play all the time this is not little league, but the more playing time they get the better they will get, and I for one think he needs them all , If you don't need 15 or 16 girls why have that many on the team?

if memory serves me right Harris posted double digits in the semis of region when haley was in foul trouble. That should answer that IMO...good post by the way
Did Collins go to Kimper grade school?
Who Does The Lady Warriors & Lady Panthers Have Returning?!
Just want to say congrats to Pike Central Lady Hawks for being induced into the pike county schools hall of fame for there out standing season

2007 KHSAA SWEET 16 FINAL FOUR. awesome job girls we are so proud of you all , hopefully you will do it again this year. GOOD LUCK HALEY WE WILL MISS YOU.
cards_athlete Wrote:1 Johnson Central
2 Belfry
3 Pike Central
4 Shelby Valley
5 Paintsville
6 Sheldon Clark
7 Magoffin Co
8 Lawrence Co
9 East Ridge
10 Betsy Layne
1.Johnson Central
2 Belfry