Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Year in the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hawksfan Wrote:! SV also has Kayla Cantrell returning, she was only a freshman this year and in my opinion was the second best pure shooter in the region this year right behind Brittany Manns from MC.

Kayla Cantrell was a Sophomore this YEAR!!! She's a great shooter and Valley will Miss her, Sally, and Laura once there gone.
Imo, Pike Central will be ok, not only do they have the talent in everyone thats played alot this year , they also have alot of talent on the bench, I think Butcher will have more players coming off the bench next season, not only with the too from pikeville but also I think he will play , Murphy, Mullins, Robinson,and maybe Williams more nexy year. from what I have heard he has been working with them alot lately. I think the whole bench has talent. I also think Valley will be ok as well, they have alot of talent , imo Kayla Cantrell will burn it up next season she will be the star.
PC will be the team to beat next year! Kayla Lowe a senior, Harris, Slone, and Kayla Ratliff all returning. Plus, you have Coleman and Thompson that were the 6 man this year. Rather its coleman or thompson that fills the vacant spot, PC will be deadly!!! We might even see a return to state if they play the ball that they're capable of... might I ad, that it was Lowe and Slone that carried the Hawks in Bowling Green. Don't get me wrong, Haly Ratliff held her own weight, but Lowe and Slone were in there too. Hannah Thompson really played like a starter coming off of the bench, she really turned it on against Rose Hill.
Myself, Pike Central does have the most coming back, but i think that they will strugle a little with the lost of Haley..she was the team leader and now the girls will have to step their game up, Holy the fresmon has alot of talent and could help the team tremdosely....
I believe we wil have an appearance of the lady Hornents from Phelps...I don't know who they will beat Belfry or Pike Central, but it is anbody's game
Tricky Wrote:How in the world do you put Paintsville and Sheldon Clark ahead of Magoffin for next year???? Smile Smile Smile

Well, let's see...Paintsville looses one starter in Kendra and MC looses THREE. You replace Kendra with Jarrell, which has happened many times this year due to fouls. You also have the Castle girl and another Vanhoose girl who will only be in the 8th grade next season, look for her to get some time. As of right now. Paintsville appears to be better than MC next year. I wouldn't put SC above them though. :Thumbs:

Butr, if Conley returns next season and the BB returns from her injury. I will go with JC as the early favorite in the Region. Tough group of girls right there.
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:I think it is as follows:

1. Pike Central
2. Johnson Central
3. Belfry
4. Shelby Valley
5. Paintsville
6. Magoffin Co.
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Lawrence Co.
9. East Ridge
10. Betsy Layne

You wann know the sad part about this top ten. FOUR of the teams are from the 57th district. No wonder Regions isn't as competitive as it should be. A few of the better teams are all in the same district...lol...It's crazyness!
Everyone always brags about the power of the 57th, but in the past four years they have only placed one team in the regional championship game. Would any of those teams really want to come to the 60th and join PC and Belfry. The top five next year will be PC, Belfry, Johnson Central, SV and possibly Betsy Layne.
crawdad Wrote:Would any of those teams really want to come to the 60th and join PC and Belfry. .
would they want to come to the 57th and join Magoffin , JCHS , and Paintsville I guarantee neither of these 3 are scared
crawdad Wrote:Everyone always brags about the power of the 57th, but in the past four years they have only placed one team in the regional championship game. Would any of those teams really want to come to the 60th and join PC and Belfry. The top five next year will be PC, Belfry, Johnson Central, SV and possibly Betsy Layne.
Is this one of the districts that barely have to play to get to the regions? Just wondering. One district pretty much has to do nothing to get to regions, which one is it?
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Is this one of the districts that barely have to play to get to the regions? Just wondering. One district pretty much has to do nothing to get to regions, which one is it?
Looked it up myself. Yep. 59 and 60 have 3 teams each. Add that up, 2 go to region out of each. I wouldn't call those very tough districts to get out of into the regionals.
I really look for Paintsville to make some real noise next year. Maybe their best year yet, under Baldwin.
PG- Laura Carroll, good ball handler, decent shooter, needs to improve on floor vision and passing.
2G- Amanda Jarrell, tough as nails, small but will mix it up and unafraid of grtting inside with the big girls, great outside shooter.
SF- Jessikah Russell, strong, athletic, great speed, needs to be more involved.
PF- Katie Adams, needs to work on baseline jumpers and develope some post moves, but has the potential.
C- Lorin Welch, might be one of the bettewr post players, needs to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble.

If this team works hard, and plays as a team, they could be very dangerous. Everyone has to get involved.
The Guru Wrote:I really look for Paintsville to make some real noise next year. Maybe their best year yet, under Baldwin.
PG- Laura Carroll, good ball handler, decent shooter, needs to improve on floor vision and passing.
2G- Amanda Jarrell, tough as nails, small but will mix it up and unafraid of grtting inside with the big girls, great outside shooter.
SF- Jessikah Russell, strong, athletic, great speed, needs to be more involved.
PF- Katie Adams, needs to work on baseline jumpers and develope some post moves, but has the potential.
C- Lorin Welch, might be one of the bettewr post players, needs to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble.

If this team works hard, and plays as a team, they could be very dangerous. Everyone has to get involved.
True. As long as Laura doesn't try to be a loner and makes sure everyone gets a chance to get involved, they will be tough.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Looked it up myself. Yep. 59 and 60 have 3 teams each. Add that up, 2 go to region out of each. I wouldn't call those very tough districts to get out of into the regionals.

Used to be the same way in the 57 in the 80's and 90's when it was just Paintsville, JC and SC. Magoffin didn't have a team and JC and SC went to the regions every year. Paintsville won 20 games a year and never got out of the district. Hard to keep the districts even when the schools dismantle their girls team and schools combine to make one school, not really sure why they brought a team from another region (Lawrence County) and put it in the 57th when there are other districts that just have 3 or 4 teams.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:True. As long as Laura doesn't try to be a loner and makes sure everyone gets a chance to get involved, they will be tough.
Laura doesn't have the skills to even try and do it all. She will need everyone, and if everyone is involved, they can be good.
whos your momma Wrote:Used to be the same way in the 57 in the 80's and 90's when it was just Paintsville, JC and SC. Magoffin didn't have a team and JC and SC went to the regions every year. Paintsville won 20 games a year and never got out of the district. Hard to keep the districts even when the schools dismantle their girls team and schools combine to make one school, not really sure why they brought a team from another region (Lawrence County) and put it in the 57th when there are other districts that just have 3 or 4 teams.
that most likely will change in the next few months there is a meeting in April what is being tossed around is Magoffin to the 58th Betsy Layne to the 59th and maybe Letcher leaving the 14th region and coming to the 60th all depends if David fields a team next year
The Fan Wrote:that most likely will change in the next few months there is a meeting in April what is being tossed around is Magoffin to the 58th Betsy Layne to the 59th and maybe Letcher leaving the 14th region and coming to the 60th all depends if David fields a team next year

Well something needs to be done. You have those teams in the 59th & 60th playing one and at the most two games and going to the Region. When you have teams in the 57th playing at least two sometimes three games to get there. Big deal ya say? 57th is worn out by the time they get there cause they have been killing each other for a week. So YES it is a big deal. IMO.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well something needs to be done. You have those teams in the 59th & 60th playing one and at the most two games and going to the Region. When you have teams in the 57th playing at least two sometimes three games to get there. Big deal ya say? 57th is worn out by the time they get there cause they have been killing each other for a week. So YES it is a big deal. IMO.
Agreed.
The Fan Wrote:that most likely will change in the next few months there is a meeting in April what is being tossed around is Magoffin to the 58th Betsy Layne to the 59th and maybe Letcher leaving the 14th region and coming to the 60th all depends if David fields a team next year

Something needs to be done. I hope that something actually happens out of the meeting and not just meeting to say well we met on it but nothing really came out of it.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well something needs to be done. You have those teams in the 59th & 60th playing one and at the most two games and going to the Region. When you have teams in the 57th playing at least two sometimes three games to get there. Big deal ya say? 57th is worn out by the time they get there cause they have been killing each other for a week. So YES it is a big deal. IMO.

That statement is complete Bullsh**! These are young kids around the ages of 13 to 18, they should have all kinds of energy! If they can't get hyped up for a regional tournament just because they played one extra game than another district then they don't deserve to put on that school's jersey! Heck, why don't you just go ahead and blame it on the amount of time it takes for a 57th district team to travel to the Expo Center as opposed to the 59th and 60th district teams?
Hawksfan Wrote:That statement is complete Bullsh**! These are young kids around the ages of 13 to 18, they should have all kinds of energy! If they can't get hyped up for a regional tournament just because they played one extra game than another district then they don't deserve to put on that school's jersey! Heck, why don't you just go ahead and blame it on the amount of time it takes for a 57th district team to travel to the Expo Center as opposed to the 59th and 60th district teams?
Ok I think this is out of line. Sure kids have a lot of energy, but its hard for them to play games right in a row. They aren't super healers that get their legs back right after 3 tough games.
Hawksfan Wrote:That statement is complete Bullsh**! These are young kids around the ages of 13 to 18, they should have all kinds of energy! If they can't get hyped up for a regional tournament just because they played one extra game than another district then they don't deserve to put on that school's jersey! Heck, why don't you just go ahead and blame it on the amount of time it takes for a 57th district team to travel to the Expo Center as opposed to the 59th and 60th district teams?

Wait a minute. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Pike Central when I ask this question because I think they represented the 15th extremely well, but exactly how many games did they HAVE to win to get to the regional tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it NONE. And please, if I'm wrong, let me know because we here in the 57th have to play our butts off just to get there.
cards_athlete Wrote:Ok I think this is out of line. Sure kids have a lot of energy, but its hard for them to play games right in a row. They aren't super healers that get their legs back right after 3 tough games.

The girls condition themselves all season for the tournament! Don't know about you but whenever I was a teenager we would play for five or six hours, then do it again the next day and you take more of a beating playing pick-up games where there is rarely a foul called or stoppage of play!
BballFan63 Wrote:Wait a minute. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Pike Central when I ask this question because I think they represented the 15th extremely well, but exactly how many games did they HAVE to win to get to the regional tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it NONE. And please, if I'm wrong, let me know because we here in the 57th have to play our butts off just to get there.

57th was a 3 team district for almost 15 years in the 80's and part of the 90's. Other disticts in the region had 5 teams.
Well if the 57th only had 3 teams would you be complaining?
so what, Who cares how mant games you play to get to the region? If your better than the others you will win! You all say the 57th is the toughest, How is that? sure they play more games to go to region, but everyone gets a break in between disrtict and regionals to get there legs back! The 60th is a tough district yea sure 3 teams but loook.......Belfry and Pcc Both extremely good and both made it to the championship game!
BballFan63 Wrote:Wait a minute. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Pike Central when I ask this question because I think they represented the 15th extremely well, but exactly how many games did they HAVE to win to get to the regional tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it NONE. And please, if I'm wrong, let me know because we here in the 57th have to play our butts off just to get there.

PC had to play well all season to get the honor of getting a first round bye! I understand what you are saying, but to say that is the reason that the 57th didn't play as well at regionals is wrong. If you play well in the 57th all year long as did Magoffin this year, then you only have to win one game to get to regionals. It just rubs me the wrong way the fact that some other district besides the 57th won the region, so someone makes excuses saying that they had to win a game and that is the reason they lost. Well PC didn't have to win a game in the district tourney but they did anyways! MC played two games in their district tourney and guess what, so did the team that beat them Belfry! However, I do agree that they need a 4th team in the 59th and 60th districts, it just bothered me that someone was basically saying that is the reason that the 57th didn't win it!

If you say so. LOL! I tell ya what. Come down and watch a 57th Tourney and the tell me these kids don't get hype and partake in a war for their basketball life. The tell me it doesn't run them down some. As for you Dist. why should they be hype? If they get the top seed they're in. They don't have to play one game for their life. And I'm NOT taking anything from The Lady Hawks. They had a GREAT team. VERY proud of them.:thumpsup:
Hawksfan Wrote:PC had to play well all season to get the honor of getting a first round bye! I understand what you are saying, but to say that is the reason that the 57th didn't play as well at regionals is wrong. If you play well in the 57th all year long as did Magoffin this year, then you only have to win one game to get to regionals. It just rubs me the wrong way the fact that some other district besides the 57th won the region, so someone makes excuses saying that they had to win a game and that is the reason they lost. Well PC didn't have to win a game in the district tourney but they did anyways! MC played two games in their district tourney and guess what, so did the team that beat them Belfry! However, I do agree that they need a 4th team in the 59th and 60th districts, it just bothered me that someone was basically saying that is the reason that the 57th didn't win it!

No One is saying that its why the 57th doesn't win. Just saying that they kill themselves to just get out of the Dist. while others get a free ride to the Reg. for being a #1 seed. Just would be nice to see the Districts evened up.
[quote=Hawksfan;3816 It just rubs me the wrong way the fact that some other district besides the 57th won the region, so someone makes excuses saying that they had to win a game and that is the reason they lost. Well PC didn't have to win a game in the district tourney but they did anyways! MC played two games in their district tourney and guess what, so did the team that beat them Belfry! However, I do agree that they need a 4th team in the 59th and 60th districts, it just bothered me that someone was basically saying that is the reason that the 57th didn't win it![/quote]
who said that was the reason that the 57th didnt win , no one i think everybody is just saying that the districts need even out to make it fair
hey how about this the 57th give the 60th one of your alls teams and we will call it even. You all will get the so called fairness you want and we can widdle the competiton out b-4 we get to region.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:hey how about this the 57th give the 60th one of your alls teams and we will call it even. You all will get the so called fairness you want and we can widdle the competiton out b-4 we get to region.

Wouldn't break my heart.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6