Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 North Carolina v.s. #16 Eastern Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This sucks plain and simple. I was hoping that EKU would get a higher seed, but never would I have though of them as a 16 seed?
Go EKU!!!
Wouldnt it be something if they beat UNC? They would have to play basically a perfect game to do so. It would be the biggest upset in Tournament history!! And the first time a 1 seed has went down to the 16, but I think I am imagining a little too much.
Forget it.! .NO WAY POSSIBLE!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Forget it.! .NO WAY POSSIBLE!
Same thing said when douglas fought Tyson,,hehe but one thing for sure no 16 seed has not yet beat a 1 seed yet,,,have they?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Forget it.! .NO WAY POSSIBLE!

Well I know that, lol. But that would be the improbable.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Same thing said when douglas fought Tyson,,hehe but one thing for sure no 16 seed has not yet beat a 1 seed yet,,,have they?

Only if the NCAA was like the accenture match-play in golf, the 16 seed has knocked off the 1 seed several times in the championships history. But we always dont get what we want.
EKU must have had no wins against the top 100 or something...to have to play North
Carolina "in country"...that's tough... Still...I would love to see EKU really give a
good accounting.... Does anybody know how long it has been since an OVC team won
an NCAA game? And who won it?
would be awesome if EKU pulls the upset
It would be awesome to see EKU pull the first 16 seed over a 1 but it ain't going to happen.
I think I will try to go and cheer on EKU!
well, i didn't know these
but go tar heels-=
It'd be nice to see, but it's not happening.

UNC- 92
EKU- 75
hahaha... go colonels
not a EKU fan but i'm definately pulling for them in this one!
Go Colonels!
well, first and foremost, the NCAA are going to take care of its babies (Duke and UNC), and both teams ALWAYS get calls...gonna have to take UNC in this squeaker, 102-69
Let's go EKU!!!!!!!
This game has the potential to get very ugly very early..Hope I'm wrong.
1989 East Region
First Round
Georgetown 50 - Princeton 49...the closest a #16 seed has ever been to taking out a #1

EKU plays a very odd 1-3-1 (like West Virginia) and it is tough to figure out. Hopefully this keeps EKU in it awhile.

Prediction:
North Carolina 78
EKU 59
Somehow forgot this one...same year in the southeast region #1 Oklahoma (with Bad Boy Billy Tubbs) snuck by ETSU 72-71
(1) Michigan 59
(16) FDU-Teaneck 55

(1) Georgetown 50
(16) Princeton 49

(1) Illinois 77
(16) McNeese St. 71

(1) Oklahoma 72
(16) East Tenn. St. 71

(1) Michigan St. 75
(16) Murray St. 71 (ot)

(1) North Carolina 82
(16) Fairfield 74
Of the four 1/16 match-ups, I think this one is the most interesting. EKU isn't "out of it" just because they are a 16 seed. Will they win? Probably not. But I don't think UNC will blow them out. Hansborough hasn't been the same since he broke his nose, and people forget UNC is YOUNG...talented, but young, and still vulnerable. I look for the Colonels to stay in this one, but get tired towards the end.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Of the four 1/16 match-ups, I think this one is the most interesting. EKU isn't "out of it" just because they are a 16 seed. Will they win? Probably not. But I don't think UNC will blow them out. Hansborough hasn't been the same since he broke his nose, and people forget UNC is YOUNG...talented, but young, and still vulnerable. I look for the Colonels to stay in this one, but get tired towards the end.

Hope your right, but you know how UNC likes to run the, if EKU cant keep up or get back on transition D, then it wont be close. Hopefully EKU can get set into their 1-3-1 D and confuse UNC some, it will be tough but it can be done if EKU has the right mindset.
Go Eku!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16 Eastern Kentucky vs. 1 North Carolina

Eastern Kentucky def. Eastern Illinois 64-62
Eastern Illinois def. Wisconsin Green Bay 63-61
Wisconsin Green Bay def. Youngstown State 55-46
Youngstown State def. Wright State 72-57
Wright State def. Butler 77-65
Butler def. Notre Dame 71-69
Notre Dame def. Louisville 78-62
Louisville def. Pittsburgh 66-53
Pittsburgh def. Duquesne 73-56
Duquesne def. Boston College 98-93
Boston College def. Virginia Tech 80-59
Virginia Tech def. North Carolina 81-80
First Time Caller Wrote:16 Eastern Kentucky vs. 1 North Carolina

Eastern Kentucky def. Eastern Illinois 64-62
Eastern Illinois def. Wisconsin Green Bay 63-61
Wisconsin Green Bay def. Youngstown State 55-46
Youngstown State def. Wright State 72-57
Wright State def. Butler 77-65
Butler def. Notre Dame 71-69
Notre Dame def. Louisville 78-62
Louisville def. Pittsburgh 66-53
Pittsburgh def. Duquesne 73-56
Duquesne def. Boston College 98-93
Boston College def. Virginia Tech 80-59
Virginia Tech def. North Carolina 81-80

HAH. thats awesome!
thecavemaster Wrote:EKU must have had no wins against the top 100 or something...to have to play North
Carolina "in country"...that's tough... Still...I would love to see EKU really give a
good accounting.... Does anybody know how long it has been since an OVC team won
an NCAA game? And who won it?

The last OVC win the NCAA's came in 1989 when former member Middle Tennessee defeated Florida State. I think that EKU could hang around for a while. Last year North Carolina played Murray State in a tight battle.
For some odd reason, I'm feeling that this year the biggest upset in NCAA tourney history will take place, with EKU taking it over NC. Maybe it's just my dreams.lol. But I really hope it happens!
cards_athlete Wrote:For some odd reason, I'm feeling that this year the biggest upset in NCAA tourney history will take place, with EKU taking it over NC. Maybe it's just my dreams.lol. But I really hope it happens!

I really hope so. It would be great to see at least one Kentucky team get an NCAA win this year.
Pages: 1 2