Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Correcting Your Computer Clock For Daylight Savings Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since daylight savings time comes 3 weeks early this year, your clock will be off until it resets itself in 3 weeks. If you want to reset it, read below.

Windows Users

Go to this webpage: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst and read the introduction to see whether you need to update your PC for the new daylight savings time law.

Select the option that best applies to you from the list and then click "Next."

Select your operating system and click "Next."

To download the update for the system you selected, click the "Download" button.

You will be asked if you want to download the update to your disk or run it immediately. Either way is fine, but for the purpose of this tutorial, we will choose to run the update. Click the "Run" button.

The "Internet Explorer - Security Warning" dialog box will appear. Click the "Run" button again.

The first screen of the "Software Update Installation Wizard" will appear. Click the "Next" button.

The "License Agreement" screen will appear next. Click on "I Agree" to agree to the terms and then click the "Next" button.

The final screen of the installation wizard will appear. Click the "Finish" button.

When the installation wizard quits, you will return to the "Update your operating system" window in Internet Explorer. Click the "Next" button.

Some other programs will require additional updates. Select the program you would like to update and then continue. This applies mostly to Outlook users, not Outlook Express users. If you are an Outlook Express user or if you use Thunderbird or some other e-mail client, select "I do not use Outlook" and click the "Next" button. If you do use any of those programs, mark them and follow the directions.

The "I do not use Outlook" window will appear. Click the "Next" button.

You are now finished. As the final screen says, there is no reason to restart.
Resetting System's Clock On PC

If the time on your computer is incorrect, it may still be necessary to reset the clock on your system. To do this, follow these steps.
Click on the "Start" menu and select "Control Panel."

With the Control Panel open, click on the link for "Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options."

With the "Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options" window open, click on the "Date and Time" link.

Click on the "Date & Time" tab and adjust the clock.

Once you've adjusted the time, click the "Apply" button and the "OK" button.
Mac OS X Users

For information on updates for your systems, go to this web page: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305056

Macintosh users running Mac OS X 10.4.5 or later are good to go. No update is needed. For some previous systems, there is an update linked to that page. Download and follow its instructions.
Mine updated itself.Big Grin
^ As did mine.
Mine did also.