Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 82 Mississippi State 84
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
questionable calls killed us and poor defense
I wonder why tubby didnt call a timeout with 10 secs left to set up a play?
Sherray Thomas is clutch again. He gets the game leading tip in then the biggest f*** up of his career. Ever since elementary school they teach you to stay in your box until the foul shot is over. He wasn't even looking to see if the ball was in play. He just turned around and walked away. Dumb Ass!!
mrfootball03 Wrote:because he is stupid.. thats the same question i have been wondering...

pisses me off... i hope to God, there is some supernatural force that comes & keeps Kentucky out of the NCAA tournament... I hope they go to the NIT, an lose first round... because I guess that what it will take, for people to see.. Kentucky has dwindled to nothing..

Well i can see why Thomas got off the line just a mistake, but kentucky wont be in the nit ne ways. But i can see wut ur saying, if they even lose 1st round in ncaa he might be gone.
This is so f...ing bullsh!t, cant believe we lost to mississippi state!
Is this not the perfect symbol game for this
bunch of players and coaches? Sherray
Thomas gets a crucial put back, then, for
no apparent reason, walks away from his
position during the free throw. THEN, we
get the ball near midcourt with still three
seconds and get NO shot, with apparently
only one option to throw to. Our basketball
team has become our football team: finding
ridiculous ways to lose games we have won.
Pathetic!
Now to all the Tubby supporters.
Do you see now why we want him gone?
wow is all i can say
i have to say yeah i would have drether have had a better coach this day.
Super_de Wrote:Well i can see why Thomas got off the line just a mistake, but kentucky wont be in the nit ne ways. But i can see wut ur saying, if they even lose 1st round in ncaa he might be gone.

they've pretty much said hes not going anywhere.. the board would have to step in.. and they dont want to pay him his 4.5 million ...... so its not going to happen... it like the athletic dept. don't even care that we suck, and can't even win in the sec tourney anymore..

hell, i don't even think UK could win the KHSAA state tourney.. Scott Co. would beat thier ass.. after all.. Indiana has already got Bud Mackey... see.. we never get the instate players...
mrfootball03 Wrote:they've pretty much said hes not going anywhere.. the board would have to step in.. and they dont want to pay him his 4.5 million ...... so its not going to happen... it like the athletic dept. don't even care that we suck, and can't even win in the sec tourney anymore..

hell, i don't even think UK could win the KHSAA state tourney.. Scott Co. would beat thier ass.. after all.. Indiana has already got Bud Mackey... see.. we never get the instate players...
You are correct, we never get the instate talent. See Chris Lofton for that. We didn't want him, and now he's beating UK's ass. I think that is funny really cuz Rick Pitino didn't want him either.
You guys are pathetic...

GREAT game to watch, i dont see how you all are blaming the coach for this one. Caoch didnt miss two free throws, Coach didnt BLOW a layup, Coach didnt throw the ball away with 3 seconds to go....at any rate, Jamont Gordon is tremendous, and MSU has a very good chance of winning the SEC tourny, congrats MSU on a HARD FOUGHT victory.
WE LOST BECAUSE OF Sherray Thomas
mrfootball03 Wrote:because he is stupid.. thats the same question i have been wondering...

pisses me off... i hope to God, there is some supernatural force that comes & keeps Kentucky out of the NCAA tournament... I hope they go to the NIT, an lose first round... because I guess that what it will take, for people to see.. Kentucky has dwindled to nothing..
You are not a true Kentucky fan....You are a disgrace to even where the UK colors...I cant believe anyone would say that if they are a UK fan...You are a joke and a poor excuse for a Kentucky fan...You people are PATHETIC....This is a young team with lots of talent...I will go ahead and say that we will win the SEC next year.
Black and Gold Wrote:WE LOST BECAUSE OF Sherray Thomas
Thats a dumb statment!
braves_fan_10 Wrote:Thats a dumb statment!
i dont think it is if Thomas goesnt make the bonehead mistake Meeks who was 5-5 from the line most likely makes the shot and makes it a 2 possesion game ---so yea i say he had alot to do with it
Why not foul when you're up 3? Tubby, were you caught up in the moment? Hell of an out of bounds play Tubby...again...not X and O...Our offense today was to set screens 30 feet from the basket so Joe Crawford can take his man one-on-one and see if he can pull up jumpers like MJ. Rediculous!! We aren't the football team, which is actually headed in the right direction for years to come. We are now inferior to the majority of the SEC.......It is time. Time to drain the tub!!!!!!!!!!
Some people are pretty pathetic. If everyone sticks around that should UK will be a pretty good ball club with all of the young talent they have. But we have to land a dominate recruit(Patterson) to fill that spot we need so badly, POWER FORWARD!
braves_fan_10 Wrote:You are not a true Kentucky fan....You are a disgrace to even where the UK colors...I cant believe anyone would say that if they are a UK fan...You are a joke and a poor excuse for a Kentucky fan...You people are PATHETIC....This is a young team with lots of talent...I will go ahead and say that we will win the SEC next year.
if UK wins the sec next year I will strip off naked and eat cheese while sitting under the red light in downtown Salyersville
The Fan Wrote:i dont think it is if Thomas goesnt make the bonehead mistake Meeks who was 5-5 from the line most likely makes the shot and makes it a 2 possesion game ---so yea i say he had alot to do with it
i agree, i think he would have made both...but u cant blame Thomas for this one...This game shouldnt have been this close in the first place.
The Fan Wrote:if UK wins the sec next year I will strip off naked and eat cheese while sitting under the red light in downtown Salyersville
Have fun with that next year.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:You are not a true Kentucky fan....You are a disgrace to even where the UK colors...I cant believe anyone would say that if they are a UK fan...You are a joke and a poor excuse for a Kentucky fan...You people are PATHETIC....This is a young team with lots of talent...I will go ahead and say that we will win the SEC next year.

Man, you have lost your damn mind. Young with lots of talent??? Tell me then #1 fan, how old is Bradley, Perry, Crawford, Thomas and Morris, HMMMMMM.... Meeks is the best player on this team and he is a true freshman.
Redneck Wrote:Man, you have lost your damn mind. Young with lots of talent??? Tell me then #1 fan, how old is Bradley, Perry, Crawford, Thomas and Morris, HMMMMMM.... Meeks is the best player on this team and he is a true freshman.
OK Mr.Redneck,Perry has been a waste...and Morris is only a junior
Guys... don't get out of control in here...

Crawford was a big problem today... he wouldn't pass it... everybody knew who was going to shoot the ball... he should have passed to Morris..
There is no way UK will win the SEC next year. You people need to realize that UK is not going to get a big time recruit and the only hope this team has is to start over with a new coach and players except for Meeks who is the best player on this team. You can call us pathetic or whatever the hell u want, but its time for a change. How much longer can u True Blue Fans put up with this crap.
The Fan Wrote:if UK wins the sec next year I will strip off naked and eat cheese while sitting under the red light in downtown Salyersville

That's creates a pleasant mental image
The end of the game was a load of ***t and anyone with sense knows it! Yes they came back from 14 down---but then ***k it up at the end by turning off their brains.
UK has never won the NCAA after winning the SEC.....look on the bright side!!

firetubbyplease! Wrote:That's creates a pleasant mental image
Wow...never thought I would be praying for UK to lose. :beg:

Redneck Wrote:Man, you have lost your damn mind. Young with lots of talent??? Tell me then #1 fan, how old is Bradley, Perry, Crawford, Thomas and Morris, HMMMMMM.... Meeks is the best player on this team and he is a true freshman.
So then wouldn't that mean that if their best player is a Freshman then they are young with talent? And they only lose Perry next year. Lots to look forward to IMO.
I'm not going to say much or argue with any of the awful statements I've seen thus far but I will say a few things. You can say what you want back but most likely you won't get a response from me.

-Morris was the man. 29 and 15. Where has he been all year doing this? Scouts show up for the SEC tourney and now he's amazing.

-Meeks if fast, and will be good. It does amaze me that you people complain about recruiting and you want 5 star players, but Meeks is not a 5 star recruit and he's amazing. Bright future at UK. Tubby goes, Meeks might go as well.

-BUT, Tubby isn't going anywhere. I'll be bold about that statement but 2 bad seasons (in the eyes of most fans) doesn't get it done. He's done enough to keep his job and deserves to at least give it one more chance with the senior and sophomore class of next season.

-Sheray Thomas...This guy taps it in and they call it the shot of the game and I was happy for him. Only to be followed up by a mistake, by which the sounds of it none of you have ever made a mistake. He was getting ready to come out of the game. He had his eye on the scorers' table while the ref had the ball. He started jogging off as the ref put the ball on the ground. It could have happened to anybody.

-Tubby coached a great game. Ramel Bradley, Bobby Perry, and Jasper did nothing today. They all seemed motivated but just didn't play a good game. Like Corndog said, he didn't miss the free throws to ice the game, or the lay up, and he wasn't guarding the players that made some improbable shots such as Gordon's threes.

-Most coaches wouldn't have called a timeout in the situation with 10 seconds left. Watch basketball games from around the country. Teams have designed plays for that situation, and don't want to give the defense a chance to talk it over.

-I'm upset, you guys are upset. Nothing will change that. It sucks that we lost, and I love UK Basketball as much as anybody. The season still isn't over,(go ahead and say might as well be). We should get behind our team and hope for the best in the NCAA tournament. Then look ahead to next season. Rupp will again fill up, fans will still cheer, and none of you will die because of it, and if you do I apologize.

-But from what I can tell. Every last one of you will be fine, and if you're not it may be best to support another team if you truley don't like what Tubby is doing.

-Teams go through these periods. UCONN isn't going to the NCAA this season. Duke lost double digit games, Arizona lost double digit games, Michigan State did, Syracuse is struggling, along with teams like Indiana. This isn't the old days people. Too much parity in the game for the old powers to dominate. I know I don't expect UK to dominate and some of you may not as well. I expect better than what has happened the last two seasons, but I know we'll be back again next season.

-I know there is still ball left to be played, and when the final buzzer goes off for this season I'll start looking forward to next year, no matter who the coach is, or who is on the team. Just like the rest of you should.
I have no idea what Thomas was doing, his head was doing something else then focusing on that particular moment of the game. Most likely Meeks would have hit his free throw, which is 2 possession game. If it was me, when the clock was around 2 seconds I would have fouled before they went up with the shot. That way the most they could have gotten was within one. The way their foul shooting was going anyways, they would have most likely missed one. Kentucky inbounds the ball, most of the time goes off the clock, make the free throws, and thats game. UK should have clearly won this game. And even in overtime we didn't get a final shot off. Crawford was being a ball hog towards the end. Morris would have been better to go to. Just pound it in to him, or dish back out to Meeks, who btw played awesome. The outcome of this game should have been different, but hopely our boys will pull it back together and make an awesome run i nthe NCAA tourney. Of course mistakes were made today, but they need to keep their heads up. I thought they played extremely well, and the comeback showed they weren't ready to quit.
Pages: 1 2 3