Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 79 Alabama 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Good game UK. GO BIG BLUE!!
Morris with 17 points 11 rebounds. Four other players scored double figures. Good game overall.
Meeks played great off the bench. This was one of Kentucky's best games of the season IMO.
If the team that played today shows up
a couple of more times, we will have
a game to watch on Sunday. Also,
if we were to win the tournament,
based on our high RPI, I am guessing
that we could be as high as a #5 seed?
Did Jasper play any in th e2nd half?
Batpuff Wrote:Did Jasper play any in th e2nd half?

Yeah he played quite a bit. He made that tap in off the rebound, and shot some a couple of free throws. He actually played quite a bit in the 2nd half. Probably at least half of it.
I have not seen Kentucky look this good for an entire game all season. They played solid defense, rebounded the ball, passed the ball, and shot quite well. Meeks is a very solid player, and Morris played very well in the post. Bradley hit some key shots, and Crawford did okay after he got going. I look for Mississippi State to have problems with Kentucky's pressure defense and I look for the Cats to continue winning in Cat-lanta! Good game Cats, and Good Luck against the Bulldogs!
Jodie Meeks is FAST.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah he played quite a bit. He made that tap in off the rebound, and shot some a couple of free throws. He actually played quite a bit in the 2nd half. Probably at least half of it.

I am at work and was having to watch it on my lap top and the screen was only like 5 x 5 so it was hard to tell who was in. I had the volume down most of the 2nd half.
Batpuff Wrote:I am at work and was having to watch it on my lap top and the screen was only like 5 x 5 so it was hard to tell who was in. I had the volume down most of the 2nd half.

He actually didn't get to play as much as normal but it seemed to be split even between halves. He played most of the 2nd half up until about 8 minutes left or so and then I don't think he got back in. I'd say he played around half of each half. Meeks was just too good to not be in today.
alfus21 Wrote:He actually didn't get to play as much as normal but it seemed to be split even between halves. He played most of the 2nd half up until about 8 minutes left or so and then I don't think he got back in. I'd say he played around half of each half. Meeks was just too good to not be in today.

I think with Meeks in the line-up there more a threat to score and play some good D. But with Jasper in there he can see the floor and get the ball were it needs to be. he just needs to be a threat to score so they dont double on morris so much. They tend to drop off him too much for him not to score.
Jody Meeks is the man.
thecavemaster Wrote:Also,if we were to win the tournament,
based on our high RPI, I am guessing that we could be as high as a #5 seed?

Probably even higher look at Syracuse last season. Before the Big East Tourney they were on the bubble, won the dang thing and ended up with a 4 seed.
Great game for the Cats?Morris and Bradley and Meeks played well.Im tickled with Kentucky,,they looked like a team on a mission.
this is the best ball i have seen them play all year
Tubby has them right where they need to be!!!
From the little bit I caught of it, Morris, Bradley, and Perry lit it up. Congrats Cats, pick up a few more.
It's Cat-lanta, This is UK's place. If they play like they did today, I really believe they will win the SEC tourney. The 3 point shooting was great! Perry has found himself these last couple games, Bradley really stepped up his shot, Crawford played great overall, Morris was a beast, and Meeks was just SPECTACULAR. Thought Jasper had a good game too. But putting Woo in there disappointed me, he was just in the way. I remember in the first half Bama got 3 straight offensive rebounds on him and he eventually fouled.. But way to go CATS! Awesome game!
Man UK looked awesome today! Meeks is an outstanding player and w/o a doubt UK's best. WTG guys keep it up.
I almost had the score right I picked it 80 to 67
Good win UK.
Kentucky put two halfes together today! If UK can keep playing like this than they will be in the Finals. This team played good today, solid from about every player. Congrats Cats!
Guys it is so wonderful to read nothing but positive posts.Thanks a million for making me feel good about Kentucky before I go to bed.I love West Virginia but I know who is the ROMAN EMPIRE of college basketball,,The Kentucky Wildcats!!!
nice to see UK play some good ball. Lets go Cats!
Who does UK play next?
Miss state
Good time to play like they did today!
Way to go Cats...
Loved the game and Meeks should be starting I love seeing him play. Glad to see them play a good solid game.
Pages: 1 2