Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East West All Stars and Team KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the players that made each be released to the public? It would be great to see the rosters of all teams
barrel Wrote:Will the players that made each be released to the public? It would be great to see the rosters of all teams

They will not be released publicly.
plantmanky Wrote:They will not be released publicly.
What the reasoning behind that? I’m sure a lot of people would enjoy seeing who all made the teams.
barrel Wrote:What the reasoning behind that? I’m sure a lot of people would enjoy seeing who all made the teams.

Lawyers say we cant do to parental custodial issues. Sets us up to be sued.
And that is a good (though very sad) reason.
barrel Wrote:And that is a good (though very sad) reason.

Well when mom is not supposed to know where dad and kid are living, it kinda ties your hands a bit. It makes things difficult for us as well, we just have to work around it.
Is this really an All- Star teams or show up, pay a monetary fee and place in an all star roster? Hard for me to believed that all representative were taking stats and submitting them to an "all- star committee" for evaluation to actually see who makes the team.
FBfan4life Wrote:Is this really an All- Star teams or show up, pay a monetary fee and place in an all star roster? Hard for me to believed that all representative were taking stats and submitting them to an "all- star committee" for evaluation to actually see who makes the team.

Ask your middle school. They’ve had several star athletes represent Lexington Catholic in the game over the years.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Ask your middle school. They’ve had several star athletes represent Lexington Catholic in the game over the years.

AGAIN! The question is, is this an all star game or show up, very minimal try-out (lol) and pay a fee and become an all- star? Oh and sorry my middle school that I went to back in 1982-1984 so I doubt my school was sending all star athletes.
FBfan4life Wrote:AGAIN! The question is, is this an all star game or show up, very minimal try-out (lol) and pay a fee and become an all- star? Oh and sorry my middle school that I went to back in 1982-1984 so I doubt my school was sending all star athletes.

Why not just come out and say you don’t think everyone who made it should be on the team? Thing about it is if they where grading appropriately your kid probably wouldn’t be there either. Bad attitude is a reflection of home life :welcome:
FBfan4life Wrote:AGAIN! The question is, is this an all star game or show up, very minimal try-out (lol) and pay a fee and become an all- star? Oh and sorry my middle school that I went to back in 1982-1984 so I doubt my school was sending all star athletes.

Over 220 kids tried out for the 8th grade in a full contact tryout. So no they couldn’t just show up pay and be named an all star.
It is very difficult to accurately judge 220+ players in a 2-3 hour span.
barrel Wrote:It is very difficult to accurately judge 220+ players in a 2-3 hour span.

Group them by position, do some drills, rank them. Put them in a group format (7 on 7, Line drills) rank them again.

Put them in a team environment, rank them.

Compare the rankings, make a final ranking.

Give our Team KY and All Star coaches a lot of credit, they ranked every kid and was up very late that Saturday night into Sunday morning doing the rankings.

With the time constraints we have in the process, this year worked way better than years past.

But we always look for new ideas that can make the process better.
I wasn’t there so everything I would suggest is off of what players and/or parents have said. I truly meant that accurately evaluating 220+ players in a short time frame is tough. The biggest thing I heard was not getting reps. Hard to show what you can do if you only get one 7 on 7 for example.
barrel Wrote:I wasn’t there so everything I would suggest is off of what players and/or parents have said. I truly meant that accurately evaluating 220+ players in a short time frame is tough. The biggest thing I heard was not getting reps. Hard to show what you can do if you only get one 7 on 7 for example.

I dont disagree with what you are saying. We had about 50 more 8th graders than expected so it did crowd the field a bit.

In hindsight, probably need an all day tryout for 8th grade, in which you progression some kids and allow for more time to evaluate. Not sure logistically that is something we can do, in the time constraints we are in.

Worked well for 6th and 7th grade, but they had smaller numbers.