Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCA 45 Pikeville 8 (D3 State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Yikes.
How does you go from beating LCA in the regular season then getting absolutly demolished in a state championship game? Coaching? Just wasn't Pikeville's day? Or was LCA just on another level today?
Congratulations to these young Panthers. You have had a good year but today wasn’t your day. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Keep your heads up and you got a lot of 7 graders on this team the future for you guys is bright.
Spud6 Wrote:How does you go from beating LCA in the regular season then getting absolutly demolished in a state championship game? Coaching? Just wasn't Pikeville's day? Or was LCA just on another level today?
No excuses. LCA just wouldn’t be denied. Never allowed us to get anything going. Congrats to them. My Panthers still had a GREAT season and I couldn’t be prouder of them! We were the only 1A feeder school that made it to the State Championship Game! The Future Is Bright For this Group!!!
Spud6 Wrote:How does you go from beating LCA in the regular season then getting absolutly demolished in a state championship game? Coaching? Just wasn't Pikeville's day? Or was LCA just on another level today?

How does an adult make such an idiotic post? Does he not know anything about football or know he is talking about children here?:lame:

Congrats young Panthers on a FANTASTIC season!!!!! Your future is very bright and a state championship is in your future!!!
jetpilot Wrote:How does an adult make such an idiotic post? Does he not know anything about football or know he is talking about children here?:lame:

Congrats young Panthers on a FANTASTIC season!!!!! Your future is very bright and a state championship is in your future!!!

How is that an idiotic post when I was asking questions as to what happened? I had no intent on disrespecting kids because I have a family member on the Pikeville team. And because of work I was unable to attend or listen to the game so I was wanting to know what changed.

Did by no means try to disrespect these young men. Just searching for answers.
Spud6 Wrote:How is that an idiotic post when I was asking questions as to what happened? I had no intent on disrespecting kids because I have a family member on the Pikeville team. And because of work I was unable to attend or listen to the game so I was wanting to know what changed.

My apologies then, just sounded harsh to me. I think HP summed it up very well. I was afraid LCA was on a different level the way they thrashed Meece in the semis.
Spud6 Wrote:How is that an idiotic post when I was asking questions as to what happened? I had no intent on disrespecting kids because I have a family member on the Pikeville team. And because of work I was unable to attend or listen to the game so I was wanting to know what changed.

Second play of the game, our starting Left Tackle injures his ankle and can’t return. Third play of the game we fumble an exchange deep in our own territory and LCA scores the next play. We get the ball back, QB is sacked in the end zone for a safety. We free kick it to them, they score 2 plays later....Were in an 18-0 hole 2 minutes into the 1st quarter. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for us and we just couldn’t climb out of it...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Second play of the game, our starting Left Tackle injures his ankle and can’t return. Third play of the game we fumble an exchange deep in our own territory and LCA scores the next play. We get the ball back, QB is sacked in the end zone for a safety. We free kick it to them, they score 2 plays later....Were in an 18-0 hole 2 minutes into the 1st quarter. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for us and we just couldn’t climb out of it...

This is what I was looking for with my original post. Should have worded it better so my apologies as well.

I'm rooting for these boys for the next five years cause my family member is in 7th but it's hard being a Betsy Layne boy. Lol
Spud6 Wrote:This is what I was looking for with my original post. Should have worded it better so my apologies as well.

I'm rooting for these boys for the next five years cause my family member is in 7th but it's hard being a Betsy Layne boy. Lol
No apologies required! Whose your family member?
This had all the hype to be a barn burner (as the announcer kept saying all weekend) but I think when LCA scored fast and then got the safety, Pikeville kinda lost interest. They have a great program and should be proud. LCA was on different level, as it was evident against meece the day before.

Congrats to both teams on making it to title game and for LCA on winning first in program.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:This had all the hype to be a barn burner (as the announcer kept saying all weekend) but I think when LCA scored fast and then got the safety, Pikeville kinda lost interest. They have a great program and should be proud. LCA was on different level, as it was evident against meece the day before.

Congrats to both teams on making it to title game and for LCA on winning first in program.

This is actually LCA’s 2nd state championship. The current seniors won it.

Pikeville fans, you have nothing to lay your heads low on. You have a great group of boys and your fans are 2nd to none. Even in the loss your fans were classy as ever! Congrats to a great season and I believe that with LCA and Pikeville playing regularly at the grade school and highschool level, it’s going to only make both programs even better.
Congrats to LCA
I will say one last thing about last weekends games. I applaud the KYMSFA for their efforts in putting on a First Class Showcase for all these teams and their fans. My son was injured in this game and everyone on the staff bent over backwards to help us. I will be eternally thankful to them for that! With all that said, my only complaint about the entire thing is that I wish they could find a way to not play 2 games in 2 days. Maybe there isn’t a better way to do it. Maybe there hands are tied. I don’t know. I’m in NO WAY blaming our loss, or my sons injury on this. I just think it’s asking a little too much of younger kids to do that. Football is rough on your body even at this age, 2 games in 2 days is tough to ask of ANYONE! Jet, I’d like to know your thoughts on this.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I will say one last thing about last weekends games. I applaud the KYMSFA for their efforts in putting on a First Class Showcase for all these teams and their fans. My son was injured in this game and everyone on the staff bent over backwards to help us. I will be eternally thankful to them for that! With all that said, my only complaint about the entire thing is that I wish they could find a way to not play 2 games in 2 days. Maybe there isn’t a better way to do it. Maybe there hands are tied. I don’t know. I’m in NO WAY blaming our loss, or my sons injury on this. I just think it’s asking a little too much of younger kids to do that. Football is rough on your body even at this age, 2 games in 2 days is tough to ask of ANYONE! Jet, I’d like to know your thoughts on this.

any genius can see that it is beyond stupid to play 2 football games in 2 days..... at any level.
Tell that to the Astros/MLB, NBA, NHL about how stupid it is. Yes, its hard but how smart would it be to make teams drive back to back weekends to a neutral site? I know one team that played for title had spent $5,000 to be at championship weekend. Most of these kids are capable of playing back to back.

Is it stupid that the KBA State tourney is multiple games? Kids can handle this stuff. If we moved to two weekends then we have to start playoffs a week earlier (cant go week later due to KHSAA Football playoffs start a week after KYMSFA playoffs end), which would mean everyone starting their football season a week earlier which some school districts wont allow.

Games are played as far apart as possible to give as much preparation time as possible.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Tell that to the Astros/MLB, NBA, NHL about how stupid it is. Yes, its hard but how smart would it be to make teams drive back to back weekends to a neutral site? I know one team that played for title had spent $5,000 to be at championship weekend. Most of these kids are capable of playing back to back.

Is it stupid that the KBA State tourney is multiple games? Kids can handle this stuff. If we moved to two weekends then we have to start playoffs a week earlier (cant go week later due to KHSAA Football playoffs start a week after KYMSFA playoffs end), which would mean everyone starting their football season a week earlier which some school districts wont allow.

Games are played as far apart as possible to give as much preparation time as possible.

do u understand how physical football is???? the logistics need to be fixed. no two ways about it its dangerous. can you imagine playing that johnson county o line and eeking out a win and bein asked to play the next day? stupid! its much smarter to spend more money or plan around it then to play a FOOTBALL game on back to back days. if u are part of the crew making these decisions and THATS your thought process then the organization needs new people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also what the heck does it matter when high school playoffs start?
AngryMob Wrote:do u understand how physical football is???? the logistics need to be fixed. no two ways about it its dangerous. can you imagine playing that johnson county o line and eeking out a win and bein asked to play the next day? stupid! its much smarter to spend more money or plan around it then to play a FOOTBALL game on back to back days. if u are part of the crew making these decisions and THATS your thought process then the organization needs new people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately for you, that's not what the membership wants. The last 3 times it has been sent to the membership to ask if semi finals and finals should be on different weekends, Its been an overwhelming no, keep them on the same weekend. In Fact in 2015, it was a unanimous keep them on the same weekend. Cost is a huge factor for these programs.
plantmanky Wrote:Unfortunately for you, that's not what the membership wants. The last 3 times it has been sent to the membership to ask if semi finals and finals should be on different weekends, Its been an overwhelming no, keep them on the same weekend. In Fact in 2015, it was a unanimous keep them on the same weekend. Cost is a huge factor for these programs.

find me a doctor in kentucky who would be willing to write in their name and put it out there that they approve and think it is safe to play a football game on back to back days!
not bashing u plantman think u do a good job but that doesnt mean the system is perfect
I simply stated leagues that play back to back. Yes football is physical, I played and coach it. I mentioned the high school playoffs because if we separate weekends we would have title game same weekend high school starts playoffs and could (most likely would) run into field/referee issues.

As plantman said, most teams are good with current format due to the cost. Could you imagine having Johnson county travel to Louisville to play one weekend and then turn around and play in Lexington the next? The costs would go up.
AngryMob Wrote:find me a doctor in kentucky who would be willing to write in their name and put it out there that they approve and think it is safe to play a football game on back to back days!

Already been done, Doctors form UK, UofL and Western, athletic trainers as well.

No issues at this age level.

Actually go back and find the testimony from the Doctor that the KHSAA brought in in 2012 on the taskforce. He testified that it was harder on bodies at the middle school age level to play 2 games of basketball on back to back days, than it was to play football games back to back, or wrestling back to back days. Specifically due to the actual amount of play time in basketball vs football.
plantmanky Wrote:Already been done, Doctors form UK, UofL and Western, athletic trainers as well.

No issues at this age level.

Actually go back and find the testimony from the Doctor that the KHSAA brought in in 2012 on the taskforce. He testified that it was harder on bodies at the middle school age level to play 2 games of basketball on back to back days, than it was to play football games back to back, or wrestling back to back days. Specifically due to the actual amount of play time in basketball vs football.

find it almost impossible to believe there is "no issues".... it's freaking football.
I complain as a coach. I don’t have enough time to prepare. Kids don’t care and it doesn’t hurt them.

I think we are trying to find excuses.
Didn’t mean to start a war here. As I said before I think the KYMSFA does a great job! I’d just like to see the games separated, but I understand why they can’t. No big deal.
I have coached in 7 middle school state championship games and I have never had one kid or parent complain about playing on Back to back days.
Kids don't care they want to play. It's not a smart decision... regionals should be at home team, then the two neutral sites should be semis and state.