Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playoff Semifinals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
7th Grade

Bowling Green vs. Corbin 10/28
Johnson County vs. Caudill 10/28

8th Grade D1

South Warren vs. Northern Pulaski 10/28
Farnsley vs. Johnson County 10/28

8th Grade D2

TK Stone vs. Corbin 10/28
Boyle County vs. Barrett 10/28

8th Grade D3

Owensboro Catholic vs. Pikeville 10/28
Meece vs. LCA 10/28

Only one im not positive on is the Ocath/Glasgow winner.
Pretty sure Ocath won though.
Looks like a good weekend of football to me, go hounds.
Go Boyle County!
Hail pikeville!
Go BC EAGLES.
Go young Panthers
Corbin vs Boyle 8th D2. Should be a good game. 7th I dunno, hard to judge being one division. I’d say Corbin vs JC, but it’s a tough call.
First time ever Johnson County's 7th & 8th grade have made it this far in the same season.
That's shocking, giving the history of JC football. I would have expected them to have been here before. I expect JC to be in title game in both divisions.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:That's shocking, giving the history of JC football. I would have expected them to have been here before. I expect JC to be in title game in both divisions.

never had both teams here at the same time.
Looking forward to the tk stone vs Corbin game. I don’t know anything about corbin’s 8th grade team so I can’t really make a pick on this one?
Keep it going young Panthers ! :1:
bgmscolts08 Wrote:Looking forward to the tk stone vs Corbin game. I don’t know anything about corbin’s 8th grade team so I can’t really make a pick on this one?

Of course it’s hard for me not to be subjective, but given the common opponents of both and outcomes, the fact corbin has only lost one game to a KY team with a loaded schedule, gonna have to give it to corbin. They play somewhat like our HS does, not as much pass, but a lot of shotgun and such. Very powerful offense and a good defense. They’ve played kind of weird this year, in close games the D has held teams to pretty low numbers. In high scoring games like our region champ. they give up more points but the offense more than makes up for it by putting up 40+. Should be a good game. Dunno if I’m gonna be able to make it or not
Will there be any video streamed online of these games this weekend?
Who all stands out for the Hounds? I saw something in the paper about Trayveon Longmire. What kind of player is he? Size? Will he contribute as a Freshman for the High School team next year?
I’ve heard he clocked a 4.6 40 at a uk camp as a 7th grader. Dunno if it’s true but the kid can flat out fly! If he gets around the end he’s gone! I’m almost 6 ft and the kid was a little taller than me standing next to him. Still kinda lanky but most middle school kids with his height are. He’ll progress with more time in the weight room. I dunno if he’ll contribute as a freshman or not. I’d say on most area schools he would but Corbin’s JR. class and under are pretty loaded at rb. With his height and speed he might move from rb to an H back or WR on the HS level. The kid will be good no matter where he plays though.
Corbin Wrote:Who all stands out for the Hounds? I saw something in the paper about Trayveon Longmire. What kind of player is he? Size? Will he contribute as a Freshman for the High School team next year?

Honestly they have several standouts, but what is so impressive is the way Jackson and staff have them working as a unit, looking out for one another, playing for each other as brothers. I remember when they started as 7th graders and not much expierence between them, they wasn't expected to win many games. Two years later they have only been beaten by on Kentucky team being northern pulaski
Two years later? Wouldn't that make them Freshman if you are talking about them starting as 7th graders?
We held the whole team back. Hahaha
8th grade Division 1 looks pretty solid! Northern Pulaski and South Warren is a rematch of last years 7th grade State Championship game and Johnson Co and Farnsley could get interesting as well! I think we will see Johnson vs Northern Pulaski in the final game! Johnson beat Northern in the regular season. First time this group from Northern had been beaten by a Ky team, but Northern had some key players out for that game. Should be a battle if these two meet in the Championship game!
If anybody has the time, please post full schedule and results of each team.
If not posted here, it’s always being posted on the kymsfa Facebook page. Heard it’s also being streamed online in prepspin.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If anybody has the time, please post full schedule and results of each team.

I will try to keep you up to date gut, we will be there all weekend and going to try and take in as much as we can.
10/28/17 semi fnals at bryan station high school
bryan station visitor home
10am 8th d2 boyle co vs barret
1130am 8th d2 corbin vs tk stone
1pm 7th caudill vs johnson co
230pm 7th corbin vs bowling green
430pm 8th d1 farnsley vs johnson co
630pm 8th d1 northern pulaski vs south warren

10/28/17 semi fnals @ lexington christian academy
lca visitor home
12pm 8th d3 meece vs lca
2pm 8th d3 pikeville vs owensboro cath

finals 10/29/2017
bryan station visitor home
11:00am 8th d2 vs
1:00 pm 8th d3 vs
3:00pm 7th vs
5:00pm 8th d1 vs
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Two years later? Wouldn't that make them Freshman if you are talking about them starting as 7th graders?

No 7th and almost end of there 8th grade year, let me rephrase 1 yr and 85 percent of second season.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I will try to keep you up to date gut, we will be there all weekend and going to try and take in as much as we can.

Thanks man.
I'd love to come.
I work with several.corbin daddies.
They were preparing for the cold today Confusednicker:
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]Thanks man.
I'd love to come.
I work with several.corbin daddies.
They were preparing for the cold

Already got my tent and little buddy heater ready
I thought Frederick Douglas was supposed to host some of the games this year. And what happened with lex cath? I know they used to host the whole shooting match. I'm not complaining, I'm thankful to Bryan station, LCA, and the kymsfa for putting all of this on every year. I was just curious as to what happened at the other sites.
single wing 77 Wrote:i thought frederick douglas was supposed to host some of the games this year. And what happened with lex cath? I know they used to host the whole shooting match. I'm not complaining, i'm thankful to bryan station, lca, and the kymsfa for putting all of this on every year. I was just curious as to what happened at the other sites.

no comment.
plantmanky Wrote:no comment.

I know there’s high school soccer games being held.. so I’m gonna guess middle school football got shafted for that?
Pages: 1 2 3