Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 2017 Pike Co Champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another piece of hardware in the ever expanding trophy case 🅱️🏆🏈👆🏻
Who did they play? I thought they got beat by Pikeville?
COACHITALL Wrote:Another piece of hardware in the ever expanding trophy case 🅱️🏆🏈👆🏻

:hilarious:
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Who did they play? I thought they got beat by Pikeville?

They did, twice. Shut out the second time. Pikeville is playing in the regional championship Saturday, Belfry is done.
Congrats to Belfry! Why didn't Pikeville play in championship game? Really would have liked to see Belfry and Pikeville go at it one more time this year.
EastKyPride Wrote:Congrats to Belfry! Why didn't Pikeville play in championship game? Really would have liked to see Belfry and Pikeville go at it one more time this year.

Because they are playing in the regional championship game this week! Pikeville and Belfry played each other twice this season, not enough weeks in the season to play teams 3 times.
jetpilot Wrote:Because they are playing in the regional championship game this week! Pikeville and Belfry played each other twice this season, not enough weeks in the season to play teams 3 times.

Yeah kinda pointless to play Belfry again IMO. You go 2-0, what more do you have to prove? Playing for a chance to go to state is much more important.
This middle school Panthers team has are ready accomplished something I think none other have their middle schools done in defeating Belfry twice in one year I may be wrong about that I don’t really know. Way to go Panthers now go get Paintsville
I would not be putting any hardware in a trophy case for a game that I didn't play.
COACHITALL Wrote:Another piece of hardware in the ever expanding trophy case 🅱️🏆🏈👆🏻

This is must be some kind of common core math scoring?
Belfry should have at least had to play Shelby Valley in the playoffs? They were the next best competition in Pike County the way I see it.
We've had to play in the stupid county tournament every year with state going on like it's relevant and Pikeville forfeits it. Go figure...
Leave it to Pikeville to brag about a game they forfeited out of lol
To be fair to pikeville, this is the first year Belfry dropped down into Division 3 and played pikeville in a state playoff game. Why would they play again 3 days later for county when their headed on to state? Valley should have gotten the shot at county against Belfry.
0-2
Angry mob I thinks it is worse to brag about a trophy that you won and didn’t have to beat the best team in the County to get it.
why not wait and schedule county tournament when all county teams are out of the playoff picture. or play it before it starts. that would be the smart thing to do. I would not play and risk injury if I was going after something bigger.
I do agree with you for the most part (state is more important) but I think Pikeville should have played. No matter how many times they beat Belfry and prob would have beat them again. County needs to schedule ahead of state playoffs for sure.
jetpilot Wrote:0-2

What's the record since BMS became a school
Patriot1 Wrote:Angry mob I thinks it is worse to brag about a trophy that you won and didn’t have to beat the best team in the County to get it.

They wont play!!!!!!!
That the same emoji I use every year after our high school teams play.
COACHITALL Wrote:That the same emoji I use every year after our high school teams play.

Stay classy Coach!:thatsfunn

0-2
AngryMob Wrote:They wont play!!!!!!!

I don’t know if they wouldn’t play or not or they schedule it so they couldn’t. That’s something I don’t know when you go threw all this boycotting stuff that went on.
There is too much nonsense in this thread! This thread was meant to congratulate Belfry on their win and that obviously not the direction it went in.

Closed!