Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2017 KYMSFA Playoffs Round 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What does letcher co have? Who have they beat/lost??
Who won the 7th grade game at South Laurel last night?
Nl 18-8
7th grade Region 2:

Stuart 44
JCTMS 18

Caudill 16
Westport 6

Final

Currently watching georgetown vs CAL
CAL beats Georgetown 14-6
Whitley Co. 20
Wayne Co. 0
Boyle 36 Russell county 0.
Johnson county 8th. 28
Union 6

Johnson county ,7th 34
Union 14
Corbin 7th 22 Pulaski 6
Corbin 8th 44 Letcher 6
Taylor Co.-36
Clark Moores-30
8th grade
Northern Pulaski 20
North Laurel 0
Second Round Scores:

10/14/17 SCORES
8TH D1 SCORE WINNER VS SCORE LOSER
Region 1 29 BOWLING GREEN VS 28 MARSHALL CO
Region 1 28 SOUTH WARREN VS 12 GRAVES CO
Region 2 24 FARNSLEY VS 8 NOE
Region 2 20 NEWBURG VS 14 JCTMS
Region 3 24 CLARK CO VS 8 SCOTT CO
Region 3 28 JOHNSON CO VS 6 UNION RAIDERS
Region 4 20 WHITLEY CO VS 0 WAYNE CO
Region 4 20 NORTHERN PULASKI VS 0 NORTH LAUREL
8D2 SCORE WINNER VS SCORE LOSER
Region 1 8 BUTLER CO VS 0 FRANKLIN SIMPSON
Region 2 45 BOYLE CO VS 6 RUSSELL CO
Region 2 36 TAYLOR CO VS 30 CLARK MOORES
Region 3 36 BARRET VS 6 ASHLAND
Region 3 22 ELKHORN VS 14 BONDURANT
Region 4 44 CORBIN VS 16 LETCHER CENTRAL
Region 4 22 KNOX CO VS 14 BELL CO
8D3 SCORE WINNER VS SCORE LOSER
Region 1 46 OWENSBORO CATHOLIC VS 16 RUSSELLVILLE
Region 1 22 GLASGOW VS 18 MAYFIELD
Region 2 41 WILLIAMSBURG VS 8 PINEVILLE
Region 2 51 MEECE VS 16 EVARTS
Region 3 14 CAL VS 6 GEORGETOWN
Region 4 8 PIKEVILLE VS 0 BELFRY
Region 4 18 PAINTSVILLE VS 6 HAZARD
7TH SCORE WINNER VS SCORE LOSER
Region 1 28 BOWLING GREEN VS 14 MARSHALL CO
Region 1 30 GRAVES CO VS 22 CAMPBELLSVILLE
Region 2 44 STUART ACADEMY VS 18 JCTMS
Region 2 16 CAUDILL MIDDLE VS 6 WESTPORT
Region 3 44 BONDURANT VS 20 CLARK CO
Region 3 34 JOHNSON CO VS 14 UNION RAIDERS
Region 4 18 NORTH LAUREL VS 8 SOUTH LAUREL
Region 4 20 CORBIN VS 8 NORTHERN PULASKI
I posted earlier that Boyle beat Russell county 36-0 evidently I was wrong I see in the scores that it was Boyle 45- Russell county 6.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I posted earlier that Boyle beat Russell county 36-0 evidently I was wrong I see in the scores that it was Boyle 45- Russell county 6.

Looks like we are on a crash coarse for the 29. Hope to see you there. Lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Looks like we are on a crash coarse for the 29. Hope to see you there. Lol

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Barrett, Elkhorn are both very good teams, and I still believe Taylor county will jump all over Boyle. I saw them at Boyle's bowl game this year, they are big, strong, and athletic. They remind me a lot of Corbin, I think they win that game by a couple touchdowns.
I'm for TC and think that they do match up well with Boyle if we are talking about players. But the advantage really goes to Boyle in the Coaching dept. I believe it pays off big for the Rebs. Doesn't matter how you match up if players are in the wrong spot or team is in wrong Defense and adjustments are not made or the wrong one made. Long day for some good kids from TC I believe. The team plays Bardstown in a rematch on Tuesday for the Conf.Championship. May give these boys just the spark they need to play with Boyle. Good luck to both teams. My pick Boyle 36 TC 20 but would love to see an upset.
Wildcat78 Wrote:I'm for TC and think that they do match up well with Boyle if we are talking about players. But the advantage really goes to Boyle in the Coaching dept. I believe it pays off big for the Rebs. Doesn't matter how you match up if players are in the wrong spot or team is in wrong Defense and adjustments are not made or the wrong one made. Long day for some good kids from TC I believe. The team plays Bardstown in a rematch on Tuesday for the Conf.Championship. May give these boys just the spark they need to play with Boyle. Good luck to both teams. My pick Boyle 36 TC 20 but would love to see an upset.

They may be better coached than some teams, but I find it hard to believe you give their coaching staff that much credit when both teams are playing in the Elite 8. Speaking of which I will make my predictions

Region 1 TK Stone > Butler 42-18
Region 2 Taylor > Boyle 38-14
Region 3 Elkhorn > Barrett 20-16
Region 4 Corbin > Knox 52 - 6
Does elkhorn have an answer for 6’2 240 lbs running back? Barret is nice. So unless elkhorn has some way to sop that big back, they are in for long day, just like Ashland was.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Does elkhorn have an answer for 6’2 240 lbs running back? Barret is nice. So unless elkhorn has some way to sop that big back, they are in for long day, just like Ashland was.

Size is not the only fact, I understand they have a great big athletic back. That doesn't mean you win games just because you are big. Elkhorn has good coaching and exceptional team speed.
You can have the greatest coaching staff but it’s hard to prepare a kid to hit someone that big and fast. I think it will be a good game but he’s a handful and then they hit you with a speed back.

And Barret has good coaches too. Only lost to Newburg and JCTMS this year. All wins vs D1 teams.
Wildcat78 Wrote:I'm for TC and think that they do match up well with Boyle if we are talking about players. But the advantage really goes to Boyle in the Coaching dept. I believe it pays off big for the Rebs. Doesn't matter how you match up if players are in the wrong spot or team is in wrong Defense and adjustments are not made or the wrong one made. Long day for some good kids from TC I believe. The team plays Bardstown in a rematch on Tuesday for the Conf.Championship. May give these boys just the spark they need to play with Boyle. Good luck to both teams. My pick Boyle 36 TC 20 but would love to see an upset.

I would like to add that coach Jackson has been Corbin’s coach for over 15 years and his staff have been there for at least 10. He has won 6 plus state championships I believe not to mention he is a first class guy and leader of young men. So I wouldn’t count Corbin out either. If coaching is part of the answer then his resume puts them up there also. Best of luck I am more worried about our game with TK than Boyle to be honest. I think we match up pretty close from what I have seen on hudl, I think our defense has the advantage but that’s why they don’t just hand out trophies gotta play to see, we may lose Saturday and just be wishful thinking. You being Taylor County know how we play you’ll scored late on second team offense on fumble and once on second team defense at your place.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Does elkhorn have an answer for 6’2 240 lbs running back? Barret is nice. So unless elkhorn has some way to sop that big back, they are in for long day, just like Ashland was.

Big backs are easy if you stay aggressive and hit them low. They start tip toeing pretty quick when you chop them down a few times.
LCKnight33 Wrote:They may be better coached than some teams, but I find it hard to believe you give their coaching staff that much credit when both teams are playing in the Elite 8. Speaking of which I will make my predictions

Region 1 TK Stone > Butler 42-18
Region 2 Taylor > Boyle 38-14
Region 3 Elkhorn > Barrett 20-16
Region 4 Corbin > Knox 52 - 6

I believe Boyle and Taylor scrimmaged this year and Taylor didn't fare so well, and are you sure you're not upset over the 49-8 whipping Boyle gave Lexington Catholic.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I believe Boyle and Taylor scrimmaged this year and Taylor didn't fare so well, and are you sure you're not upset over the 49-8 whipping Boyle gave Lexington Catholic.

Your right but scrimmages don’t mean much and early season to late things change. But from what I gathered about your scrimmage with tc it was more like a 7on 7 format. Each team gets ten plays, if I was told correctly. Cant base much on this format because it isn’t game situation. At the high school level I have seen teams look like world beaters in 7on7 and not win a game during season,IMO.
I have a legit question, Clark Moore always has a high seed and to the best of my memory exit early, what happens. Do they rack up a lot of points and just seed high and not do so well in tournament or what. I am not throwing off I just have heard good things about them and thought they would make a run, had great size and a couple solid athletes from what I was told. I am just being a little curious
Taylor was just better then Clark Moores, They played a good game and came down to whoever could score last. Taylor did not have their annual 100 yrds in penelties they scored in the Red zone and had the advantage of not turning the Ball over 7 times like they did against Corbin.
In the playoffs good teams loose and better teams win. Great teams win Championships. Corbin should Win it all they are for real, but there are still games to be played.
Wildcat78 Wrote:Taylor was just better then Clark Moores, They played a good game and came down to whoever could score last. Taylor did not have their annual 100 yrds in penelties they scored in the Red zone and had the advantage of not turning the Ball over 7 times like they did against Corbin.
In the playoffs good teams loose and better teams win. Great teams win Championships. Corbin should Win it all they are for real, but there are still games to be played.

I think Corbin wins it all as well, but if they don't does that mean they aren't a great team? What if Taylor, or Boyle won, would they be a great team?

I still like Corbin, but I am fond of this Taylor squad as well.
LCKnight33 Wrote:I think Corbin wins it all as well, but if they don't does that mean they aren't a great team? What if Taylor, or Boyle won, would they be a great team?

I still like Corbin, but I am fond of this Taylor squad as well.

I am corbin true and through, but I was impressed with Taylor as well. It was late in the game before they scored, but our defense is really good. Taylor played hard football against us and I am not good with names but they had one running back who we will read about on fridays in a year or two. Taylor was exciting, they could break a play at any given time
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I am corbin true and through, but I was impressed with Taylor as well. It was late in the game before they scored, but our defense is really good. Taylor played hard football against us and I am not good with names but they had one running back who we will read about on fridays in a year or two. Taylor was exciting, they could break a play at any given time

I was more referring to his wordings, of better, good, and great. So the only great team is the one that wins it all correct?
Pages: 1 2 3 4