Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 85 Kentucky 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tied up at 43 at the half. Then Florida didn't miss in the 2nd half.

I never, and I mean never complain about refs but the 2nd half was an absolute joke of a game. It wouldn't have mattered on the final outcome but that was a joke. Has the game went off the air it showed the ref whispering in Noah's ear. Beyond me how this guy never gets T'd up for acting like he does. Instead the ref tells Donovan to calm him down. How many people would refs do that for?

I can't argue the facts today. This finished a pretty disappointing regular season as not beating any ranked teams and losing 10 games.

Kentucky ran into a buzzsaw today. This was a JUNIOR/SENIOR day for Florida as none of those guys are going to be back next season, and there is no way that any team in the country could have came within 10 points of Florida today.

We're a 4 seed in the East, and play the loser of the Bama/Miss State game and then either play Auburn or Ole Miss in the 2nd round. So not a bad draw if Bama wins today. As we would have Mississippi State, then Auburn to advance to play Saturday.

Anyways, like I said I'm disappointed in the loss but I know Kentucky showed signs of brilliance in the first half but just got a raw deal (in my opinion) from the refs in the 2nd and ran into a team that couldn't miss.

I know you guys will say "Tubby must go" so go ahead, but I'm still reserving judgment until the end of the season. Not that my or any of your opinions are going to matter on the issue because I think he will be back regardless, as Kentucky just completed another attendance record this season.

Let's attempt to be civil in this conversation for once.
Good assessment. All I have to say is thank God the SEC tourney is on a neutral court.

alfus21 Wrote:Tied up at 43 at the half. Then Florida didn't miss in the 2nd half.

I never, and I mean never complain about refs but the 2nd half was an absolute joke of a game. It wouldn't have mattered on the final outcome but that was a joke. Has the game went off the air it showed the ref whispering in Noah's ear. Beyond me how this guy never gets T'd up for acting like he does. Instead the ref tells Donovan to calm him down. How many people would refs do that for?

I can't argue the facts today. This finished a pretty disappointing regular season as not beating any ranked teams and losing 10 games.

Kentucky ran into a buzzsaw today. This was a JUNIOR/SENIOR day for Florida as none of those guys are going to be back next season, and there is no way that any team in the country could have came within 10 points of Florida today.

We're a 4 seed in the East, and play the loser of the Bama/Miss State game and then either play Auburn or Ole Miss in the 2nd round. So not a bad draw if Bama wins today. As we would have Mississippi State, then Auburn to advance to play Saturday.

Anyways, like I said I'm disappointed in the loss but I know Kentucky showed signs of brilliance in the first half but just got a raw deal (in my opinion) from the refs in the 2nd and ran into a team that couldn't miss.

I know you guys will say "Tubby must go" so go ahead, but I'm still reserving judgment until the end of the season. Not that my or any of your opinions are going to matter on the issue because I think he will be back regardless, as Kentucky just completed another attendance record this season.

Let's attempt to be civil in this conversation for once.
The fact that freakin' Verne Lundquist was even saying the calls were awful should say something. This game was a joke on the officiating side.
This is making me mad.... but at least they looked good in the first half...
If they could just play two halfs of ball they would be great. Morris being in foul trouble hurt a lot... hopefully they will pick it up in the tourny
Alfus i must agree that the refs were awful and Noah should have got T'd up but Tubby is killing UK. We had a decent recruiting year bringing in Jasper and Meeks but thats all thats good about this year. Tubby doesnt even show the emotion that he used to. Used to when a player did something wrong he knew it because of Tubby's bulging eyeballs that came out and touched the player. When was the last time anyone has seen that?

I dont know if UK will even make the tourney this year. We have to win at least one game in the SEC but idk if we can do that. I dont think UK could beat Scott Co. right now. I miss the upbeat Cats of the 90's when they tried to score 100 every game. Tubby likes to keep the score low and i hate that because we stand there and pound the ball in the ground with no movement in the offense. Im just going to keep my fingers crossed that everyone from Florida goes pro and Billy Donovan comes to Lexington.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:If they could just play two halfs of ball they would be great. Morris being in foul trouble hurt a lot... hopefully they will pick it up in the tourny

They'll be fine, and yes the 3rd foul on Morris to start the 2nd half killed Kentucky. They're playing good but home cookin' beat them today. I feel pretty good heading into the tournament.
oh well, just another loss, nothing new.
Congrats to the Gators, and I agree no team in the nation could hold a candle to Florida today. Unfortunately UK was the team UF went off on in the 2nd half. Hopefully we can get a good draw for the Tourney next week and win a few.
Great first half poor second half, the refs did not help any
Kentucky will be playing Bama in the 1st round Thursday at 1.
Kentucky loses again....Tubby supporters blame the refs....LOL The one to blame is the guy sitting on the Kentucky bench.
Well GKS, the refs were pretty bad today you would have to admit, Tubby hater or not.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Kentucky loses again....Tubby supporters blame the refs....LOL The one to blame is the guy sitting on the Kentucky bench.

I never blamed the refs on the loss. As you could plainly see if you read my message I said "it wouldn't have determined the final outcome".

But it was a joke.
Did anybody else catch Patrick Patterson doing the 'gator chomp' with the UF fans during the game?? He was having a blast. No doubt he saw enough of TubbyBall to make a decision. Anyone who thinks Patterson will sign with UK whether or not Tubby is here is absolutely nuts.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Did anybody else catch Patrick Patterson doing the 'gator chomp' with the UF fans during the game?? He was having a blast. No doubt he saw enough of TubbyBall to make a decision. Anyone who thinks Patterson will sign with UK whether or not Tubby is here is absolutely nuts.

No, and you didn't catch it either unless you were there. It wasn't on TV but reported by 4 people that gave the info to Scout.com. So it's beyond me how you saw him having a blast. He was reported to have done it without enthusiasm. When he was here at UK he got up and waved to the student section after they chanted his name. He has a blast at UK, Duke, and Florida. Doesn't mean he is favored to go to one more than another.
from KentuckySportsRadio.......

......after several timeouts in which the student section chanted his name, Huntington (W.Va.) standout Patrick Patterson acknowledged the crowd by standing up towards the student section and doing the Gator chomp; smiling and waving in appreciation. Patrick sat behind the Gator bench during the UK-UF contest. New York Knicks forward David Lee was also in for the game. Lee was arguably the first recruit to choose Florida over Kentucky in history. Coincidence?
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:from KentuckySportsRadio.......

......after several timeouts in which the student section chanted his name, Huntington (W.Va.) standout Patrick Patterson acknowledged the crowd by standing up towards the student section and doing the Gator chomp; smiling and waving in appreciation. Patrick sat behind the Gator bench during the UK-UF contest. New York Knicks forward David Lee was also in for the game. Lee was arguably the first recruit to choose Florida over Kentucky in history. Coincidence?

You know I could probably search the internet all day and post other peoples opinions of subject but I have a life and could really care less what you or anyone else thinks of the UK program.

The only person that know what Patterson is going to do is him. Not you or any of the other tubby haters out there.

Christ get a life......
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:from KentuckySportsRadio.......

I read that thanks. I'm also seeing several of these..

My niece sat four spots from him. She said that he did do the chomp but it was without enthusiasm.

Wow. David Lee. He done so much at Florida that it really hurt us to lose him. Just because he was in attendance has nothing to do with anything.

Like I've said before. He stood up and acknowledged the crowd at Rupp when he was here earlier this season by standing and waving to the student section. He acknowledged the Duke fans earlier this year by standing and waving. What is he supposed to do for a school that has a Devil and Cat as the mascots?

But please explain to me how you "witnessed" this event since you asked if anybody else saw it and you saw him having a great time. I'd love to know.
Well I have never filled out an NIT brackett before.. IMO, If we lose to bama then thats were we are headed.. I don't see how they could possibly get in unless our name and tradition will get us there. I think there will be alot teams left out with better resumes than ours.. We lose to bama we don't deserve to be in the tourney.. NCAA tourney that is..
calQlate Wrote:Well I have never filled out an NIT brackett before.. IMO, If we lose to bama then thats were we are headed.. I don't see how they could possibly get in unless our name and tradition will get us there. I think there will be alot teams left out with better resumes than ours.. We lose to bama we don't deserve to be in the tourney.. NCAA tourney that is..

We may not deserve it, but we're in regardless and most fans agree with this Tubby bashers or not. Despite the fact that RPI and SOS may play too big of a role in getting in ours are too good not to get it. Despite the fact that our wins over ranked teams are non-existent.

Georgia made it in the tournament with a 16-13 record in 2001 based on their tough schedule, and there are way too many teams with 8-10 losses this season for us not to get in such as Duke, Zona, Michigan State, and Syracuse.
alfus21 Wrote:No, and you didn't catch it either unless you were there. It wasn't on TV but reported by 4 people that gave the info to Scout.com. So it's beyond me how you saw him having a blast. He was reported to have done it without enthusiasm. When he was here at UK he got up and waved to the student section after they chanted his name. He has a blast at UK, Duke, and Florida. Doesn't mean he is favored to go to one more than another.
i seen it on CNN so dont look like you know it all , almost but not everything but he didnt look that enthused and he didnt look to sad either
The Fan Wrote:i seen it on CNN so dont look like you know it all , almost but not everything

CNN? Smile Well I guess I missed out on the fun.

Still wondering how GKS knew he was having a blast the whole time.
Kentucky finished the season with the #12 RPI and #1 Strength of Schedule. Regardless of their wins they will be in the NCAA Tournament.
alfus21 Wrote:CNN? Smile Well I guess I missed out on the fun.

Still wondering how GKS knew he was having a blast the whole time.
whats so funny they were showing highlights of the game and showed it no big deal
The Fan Wrote:whats so funny they were showing highlights of the game and showed it no big deal

:eek: Will you lighten up. I just said I missed out on the fun being sarcastic.
First off, it was actually only the one ref that killed UK in this game, the others were decent with their calls. Secondly, I dont see Patterson coming to UK if Tubby is the coach. Any recruit that has any sense would stay away from a program that plays like UK has been playing under Tubby. UK played as good as they could in this game, it was actually the best I had seen them play in a long time. But why was Tubby or any of the players not getting in that refs face about the calls, any player or coach that knows they got the shaft would be visibly upset, coach and players in this one seemed like they didnt care one way or the other, and Tubby acted like he didnt even want to be there at times. This team shows no passion for the game whatsoever. They dont play physical at all. Most teams walk all over them and the players dont do anything in return. This is a soft team. When Magloire played, he was physical with every team he played against. Looks like to me that UK is the doormat to every team they play anymore. Time to get something done with this team, whether it be a new coach or players or whatever it takes to get them back to the UK everybody knows they can be.
alfus21 Wrote:Kentucky finished the season with the #12 RPI and #1 Strength of Schedule. Regardless of their wins they will be in the NCAA Tournament.

Hope you right.. The tourney just wouldn't be the same.. At least not for me if UK isn't playing in it.
alfus21 Wrote:No, and you didn't catch it either unless you were there. It wasn't on TV.

Give me a break here son. Patterson sat directly behind the Florida bench. Every time the teams went down the floor, he was on camera. Big smiles all the time. Gator chomping with the crowd. Doubt you could tell that watching on your 12" black and white set. Get HD. You would have been able to read the 'Go Gators' pin on his jacket. Patrick was as happy with the Florida win as the team was. The boy's Gainesville bound. Learn to live with it.
SportsFan80 Wrote:First off, it was actually only the one ref that killed UK in this game, the others were decent with their calls. Secondly, I dont see Patterson coming to UK if Tubby is the coach. Any recruit that has any sense would stay away from a program that plays like UK has been playing under Tubby. UK played as good as they could in this game, it was actually the best I had seen them play in a long time. But why was Tubby or any of the players not getting in that refs face about the calls, any player or coach that knows they got the shaft would be visibly upset, coach and players in this one seemed like they didnt care one way or the other, and Tubby acted like he didnt even want to be there at times. This team shows no passion for the game whatsoever. They dont play physical at all. Most teams walk all over them and the players dont do anything in return. This is a soft team. When Magloire played, he was physical with every team he played against. Looks like to me that UK is the doormat to every team they play anymore. Time to get something done with this team, whether it be a new coach or players or whatever it takes to get them back to the UK everybody knows they can be.

Valentin was the ref that killed UK. I called it to my roommate before the game. No surprise to me.

I do wish Tubby would have gotten all over the refs in this one. He used to, but doesn't anymore and it's one of the few question marks I have for him.

Most guys do show passion such as Bradley, Meeks, Perry, and even Woo but others seem to go through the motions sometimes.

I don't believe we're the doormat of the SEC but we are in the middle of the pack which is unfortunate right now, but I believe things will be better next season and forward. I think getting rid of Rigot and Hanson as Assistant coaches is step 1.
Pages: 1 2 3