Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: District Rules / Gudielines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know the rules and guidelines that KHSAA or Kapos requires for the District Cheerleading Competiton? I would appecitate only qualified comments from qualified personel. Also could you inform me as to the procedures they use to monitor or handle complaints. Any information would be appreicated.
District games use the same judging and technical sheets used at Sweet 16 in-game.
http://kapos.org/index.php?id=392 You can read the rules on the online handbook.
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. Any idea how they monitor or investigate complaints?
Do you know how judges are selected and how the score sheets are processed, again thanks.
There is a list of judges for the 2006/2007 season who have attended a mandatory meeting that reviews, and covers new rules.
The most common way to get judges for a competition (like the district) is to contact KAPOS and have them find a neutral judge with no connections with the schools involved. This eliminates confusion or tension that may occur. But, the list of judges is available on the website, along with their address and phone number.
Usually for in-game there are two judges. Those scores are averaged together to get a total score. This year, there is a new technical sheet so judges must review and take deductions, is necessary, for that as well. Then coaches meet with the judges to check addition and initial score sheets for their squad only. Judges then fill out a ranking sheet listing the winner, runner up, or however many places needed. Results are usually placed in a seal envelope and given to a school official.
Again, thank you so much for the info. So there is a system and method to pick a winner and KAPOS is the governing body. I take it then if any of the steps that KAPOS requires is breached, KAPOS has the right to investigate and take approiate action? Again thanks so much for the info!
57thScarlett Wrote:District games use the same judging and technical sheets used at Sweet 16 in-game.
http://kapos.org/index.php?id=392 You can read the rules on the online handbook.

Unless you are competing against Paintsville on their home floor..Confusedhh:
hehehehe
I think Maw said your all's bottle is just about warm. Feeding time. You sound like a bunch of cry babies. Seriously if you have nothing better to do than cry over this you really need to find yourself something else to do!
I started this thread for informational and educational issues on District Cheerleading Rules. Bluegrassrivals is for the exchange of sporting issues. It looks to me that becoming informed on the rules that govern them is what this site is for.

I do not guess you see this site as either informational or educational Baller. I guess there are some other issues on this site that bother you, but issues on other threads can not be talked about on another thread, read the rules!
MonsterMan Wrote:I started this thread for informational and educational issues on District Cheerleading Rules. Bluegrassrivals is for the exchange of sporting issues. It looks to me that becoming informed on the rules that govern them is what this site is for.

I do not guess you see this site as either informational or educational Baller. I guess there are some other issues on this site that bother you, but issues on other threads can not be talked about on another thread, read the rules!
The only thing informational on this thread is you continue to cry because Paintsville's girls won both competitions last week. Grow up and quit crying. Nothing on any other thread bothers me at all. It's just people crying over spilled milk.
MonsterMan Wrote:I started this thread for informational and educational issues on District Cheerleading Rules. Bluegrassrivals is for the exchange of sporting issues. It looks to me that becoming informed on the rules that govern them is what this site is for.

Look, I know you want to say that the 57th was rigged. You have said it befor and if it was, you accused the wrong person. Let me PM you and we can discuss civally, ok?
Nobody is crying over the results. Its over and done with, Paintsville won both cheer trophies, just like Magoffin swept the district in basketball! Smile