Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2017 KYMSFA Championship Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Couple Notes.

1. Not all teams have received their game notification emails for games on October 7th, still working a few logistics, so please be patient.

2. Host sites, you will get your Host packets as soon as I can get them out.

3. Each team should communicate with the other about jersey colors and resolve any issues ASAP.

4. Thanks to the Playoff Committee members for their hard work and time in putting these together.
How on earth is northern Pulaski seeded behind north and south Laurel for seventh grade?
Is there any way that it can be made available for us all to see
CoachNM0523 Wrote:How on earth is northern Pulaski seeded behind north and south Laurel for seventh grade?

Points probably. Dont be the first to complain.
When are play in games? I know Meade and Tk play each other next week for the conference championship
bgmscolts08 Wrote:When are play in games? I know Meade and Tk play each other next week for the conference championship

10/3/17 and 10/4/17
Footballlife1 Wrote:Points probably. Dont be the first to complain.

Not complaining. Someone had to ask Smile
Viewed them on Facebook, Great job to the Board for some great work putting this together.D-2 is were my interest is. Taylor Co started the season with very high expectations. After loosing to TK Stone the first game of the season in a great game 22-14, TC rolled off 6 wins in a roll.Then took a game with Corbin and lost convincingly. TC then lost at home on 8th grade night to Bardstown!!! this was an ugly loss for the Cards seeing as the other team was outmatched entirely and still came out on top. If this team comes together I can see them playing Boyle in the Regional championship seeing as Adair and Casey would be easy games for Boyles 7th grade team. When its all said and done Ill Take Boyle-Corbin for the D-2 State title. If TC comes together they have a chance but its awful late in the season to find any glue.
Someone inform Pjdoug that whitley plays 9/14/17 please & thank u.
Just curious in Division 3 Belfry got the #1 seed. How? #2 Paintsville beat Belfry 42-8 and #4 Pikeville beat Belfry 28-14. #3 Hazard also beat Paintsville and Pikeville. Looks to me like Belfry should have been the #4 seed. With Belfry going from D2 to D3 and still getting beat by D3 teams and the fact that they now run from teams that they have played in the past it looks like the Pirates may take a step back at the high school level in the next few years.
Seeding is based off who you beat not who you lost too. If Belfry played and beat d2 opponents then they would get 20 points for each win. If the other d3 teams that are lower seeds only played d3 teams then they got 10 points. So yes Belfry May have lost but if there wins came against d2 teams then that’s why they are higher.

It’s all by average. So if I went 0-4 vs d3 but 4-0 against d2 (20 points x 4 = 80) then I would have an average of 10 points (80 points / 8 games = 10), which would make it look like I was 8-0 vs d3 teams.
Tiger77 Wrote:Just curious in Division 3 Belfry got the #1 seed. How? #2 Paintsville beat Belfry 42-8 and #4 Pikeville beat Belfry 28-14. #3 Hazard also beat Paintsville and Pikeville. Looks to me like Belfry should have been the #4 seed. With Belfry going from D2 to D3 and still getting beat by D3 teams and the fact that they now run from teams that they have played in the past it looks like the Pirates may take a step back at the high school level in the next few years.

So who is Belfry running from??
Have to say this is probably one of the best set of brackets for everyone, looks to be well matched and balanced. If anyone has a bad game could turn this upside down. Maybe the system works, only team that looks like they have a long road out of the teams I am familer with is Whitley in d1 Northern P is a handful and tough second game. Whitley played them close but believe northern was a little off and I am sure they will be dialed in for tourney, should be a heck of a early game. Best of luck to all and have safe travels. I would like to see a Corbin and Boyle championship game in d2. 7th may come down to a good Corbin and jctms matchup. Go hounds... northern d1 without much fight, d3 not real sure.
Just curious does the higher seed host till regional finals?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:So who is Belfry running from??

if you don't run from them they'll grab your legs n twist to hurt you kids
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Just curious does the higher seed host till regional finals?

The regions are at a predetermined places. Region 1 is at warren central, Region 2 is in Louisville, Region 3 is at Bryan Station, and Region 4 is at bell county this year.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The regions are at a predetermined places. Region 1 is at warren central, Region 2 is in Louisville, Region 3 is at Bryan Station, and Region 4 is at bell county this year.

Yeah I got that but the first two rounds does higher seed host or are all the games from that region played at host site. I think in years past higher seed host until regional finals then played at regional host site, then on to Lexington.
Looked through all the score reports does anyone have Boyle 8th schedule and scores, I could only find a couple
Yes, the higher seed hosts up until the region championship.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Someone inform Pjdoug that whitley plays 9/14/17 please & thank u.

I've been sick a lot and it was my fault that I didn't see this. I appreciate you posting it .
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Looked through all the score reports does anyone have Boyle 8th schedule and scores, I could only find a couple

Got this from a friend, I'm sure it's pretty accurate:

2017 BCMS Football Schedule/Results

vs Rockcastle Co MS
BCMS - 48
RCMS - 8

vs Marion Co MS
BCMS - 49
MCMS - 6

vs LexCath MS
BCMS - 47
LCMS - 8

vs Anderson Co MS
BCMS - 57
ACMS - 0

vs Bondurant MS
BCMS - 48
BMS - 24

vs Lincoln Co MS
BCMS - 66
LCMS - 8

vs Mercer Co MS
BCMS - 52
MCMS - 14

Still got Danville, E Jessamine and W Jessamine left on schedule plus Salt River Conference semis/finals.

From what I understand they are really good on both sides of the ball. Skill kids are exceptional and OL/DL is as good. He said they may be as good as the 2020 class was a couple years back that had several start in HS as Freshmen and about 10 or so start this year as sophomores for the Rebels.

They are going to be a handful in this tourney.
I got a question...

Why wouldn't Barret and Boyle be switched so they could each play closer to home and bring more fans?
Barret will be home throughout the playoffs till regional finals, they are a 1 seed. And all potential opponents aren’t that far.
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Got this from a friend, I'm sure it's pretty accurate:

2017 BCMS Football Schedule/Results

vs Rockcastle Co MS
BCMS - 48
RCMS - 8

vs Marion Co MS
BCMS - 49
MCMS - 6

vs LexCath MS
BCMS - 47
LCMS - 8

vs Anderson Co MS
BCMS - 57
ACMS - 0

vs Bondurant MS
BCMS - 48
BMS - 24

vs Lincoln Co MS
BCMS - 66
LCMS - 8

vs Mercer Co MS
BCMS - 52
MCMS - 14

Still got Danville, E Jessamine and W Jessamine left on schedule plus Salt River Conference semis/finals.

From what I understand they are really good on both sides of the ball. Skill kids are exceptional and OL/DL is as good. He said they may be as good as the 2020 class was a couple years back that had several start in HS as Freshmen and about 10 or so start this year as sophomores for the Rebels.

They are going to be a handful in this tourney.

They have a really nice team but from what I saw this year the conference they are in was horrible. Does that mean they can't win a championship? No but they haven't been battle tested at all. Hope they win it all!
Looks like Rock was their best win and they are just a 4 seed in the brackets.
blackandgold4life Wrote:They have a really nice team but from what I saw this year the conference they are in was horrible. Does that mean they can't win a championship? No but they haven't been battle tested at all. Hope they win it all!

Is it that or is it they are just that good. I think it's probably a little of both?!?!
blackandgold4life Wrote:Looks like Rock was their best win and they are just a 4 seed in the brackets.

Bondurant is the best team BCMS has played.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Barret will be home throughout the playoffs till regional finals, they are a 1 seed. And all potential opponents aren’t that far.

That doesn't answer my question.

Barret is a #1 seed and they play in Lexington for regional final.

Boyle is a #1 seed and they play in Louisville for regional final.

Not a complaint, just curious...why wouldn't that be the other way around?
Cause Boyle falls wishing Region 2 and Barret is more in Region 3.

Region 2 is at Louisville because division 1 Region 2 is all JCPS.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Cause Boyle falls wishing Region 2 and Barret is more in Region 3.

Region 2 is at Louisville because division 1 Region 2 is all JCPS.

Thanks for clarifying. 👍🏻
Pages: 1 2