Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Help!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so apparently my cd burner on my computer hates me or something. Everytime I try to burn a cd it'll work until it goes to finalize the cd and then it comes up with this error message saying to make sure the disc is clean and not damaged or to try a different brand of cd's or slow down the burn speed. Well I did both of those and even went and bought NEW cd's and it still won't work...now it won't even wait to the end to say the message, now it says it as soon as I click start burn. I chatted with Dell last night and that girl told me to match up the burn speed with the speed on the cd's which I did and it still ownt work... I have been holding for a technician at Dell for 12 minutes now... can anyone please help me!!!!!!
DTfan Wrote:Okay so apparently my cd burner on my computer hates me or something. Everytime I try to burn a cd it'll work until it goes to finalize the cd and then it comes up with this error message saying to make sure the disc is clean and not damaged or to try a different brand of cd's or slow down the burn speed. Well I did both of those and even went and bought NEW cd's and it still won't work...now it won't even wait to the end to say the message, now it says it as soon as I click start burn. I chatted with Dell last night and that girl told me to match up the burn speed with the speed on the cd's which I did and it still ownt work... I have been holding for a technician at Dell for 12 minutes now... can anyone please help me!!!!!!
Try updating your drivers and see if that helps.
Still on hold on the phone with Dell and number 12 in queue for Dell Chat.... dammit...
How do I do that?
Goto the website of the type of CD burner and search for that brand of burner, and look for the driver downloads and up date them even if its the samething you already have.
You may also just need to clean you cd drive, have you tried playing or reading a cd in that drive?
nope... I think it's my windows media player b/c thats what I use to burn it... I deleted it and I'm going to try to re-install it so hopefully that's what it is b/c the dell people couldbnt find anything wrong with my cd burner software last night... and I'm still holding for the dell chat
You may need to get the newest version on windows media player.
i tried to download it and it wouldn't download..
Try using Nero 7.0 I use that to burn everything DVD's, CD's, movies, and music etc......Its a better program than Windows Media Player. I havent had any trouble yet.
Well Dell didn't help, they told me to use Sonic or Roxio which came on my computer and I tried and it couldn't locate the driver so I think I may need a new one... last night when I put a cd in to try all this it made a really weird sound like a loud clicking noise...I have NEVER heard any cd burner make that noise before.
Well I would try cleaning it and then take it out and let the comp locate the drivers and see if that helps you.
I can't take it out it's inside my laptop. The driver works it's just the cd part isn't working for some reason. Dell told me to do a system restore and it still didn't work.