Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rude Squads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think this thread had been attempted earlier in the year, but for some reason got deleted (hum?), but last night at a 57th district game, I saw one of the most disrespectful squads that I have seen in a long time. They would approach our fan section after a floor cheer, shake their poms, and yell in the faces of the fans and refs. Now, If memory serves me correctly, they were being judged. And I believe that Magoffins squad was accused of being rude last year(which I dont know why). I know how bad a crowd can get to you, because I use to cheer, but its a cheerleaders job to act like it doesnt bother you. My coach would have jerked us off the floor for displaying such bad sportsmanship.
I saw this....

I don't believe the new in-game score sheets were being used for this tournament.(?) They were in the CURRENT KAPOS HANDBOOK or on the website to be duplicated and used!
The rules pertaining to in-game judging can be found on page 49. Those score sheets are on the pages just past page 54 in the KAPOS handbook.
So have the scoresheets changed a lot? I just hate it for a squad that could be so talented to act so ugly.
IISnakE Wrote:I saw this....

I don't believe the new in-game score sheets were being used for this tournament.(?) They were in the CURRENT KAPOS HANDBOOK or on the website to be duplicated and used!
The rules pertaining to in-game judging can be found on page 49. Those score sheets are on the pages just past page 54 in the KAPOS handbook.

So, I'm confused. You're saying that in the 57th district they did not use up-to-date score sheets for their in-game competition? I looked online, and the scoresheet file says "2006-2007".....Ok, yeah, just confused...hahaha..can you please clarify?
At Prestonsburg our coach does not tolerate rude gestures and squad members being upsportsmanlike. We have been taunted all year long by some squads and we never do anything back. That is because we are the bigger team.

I have dealt with many rude squads, one being last night in the 58th tourney!
Prestonsburgs squad was always respectful when we played them.
Yeah, I saw that at the boys game last night, too.
Well I was there and didnt see this, and I doubt that they walk all the way down to the other teams section just to shake whatever in anyones face.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I was there and didnt see this, and I doubt that they walk all the way down to the other teams section just to shake whatever in anyones face.

Actually they did, after they did the floor cheer. I guess they were aggravated because us Magoffin fans, and I were in the front row and we shouted why they did their cheer and afterwards they came and did the rude gestures at us.
IISnakE Wrote:I saw this....

Unless you were a judge, how do you know what score sheets were used and which ones weren't???
Coaches from two schools e-mailed me and asked me why the new sheets were not used. I told them I had no idea. You may pm me for further details.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I was there and didnt see this, and I doubt that they walk all the way down to the other teams section just to shake whatever in anyones face.

I really don't know how you did not see this happen, they did it twice! The first time they did it, they actually had a reason to be in front of Magoffins fans because they had to get their pom poms, but the second time they purposely came over right in front of the Magoffin Cheer section and started Cheering. IMO that was uncalled for.
sportsfan06 Wrote:I really don't know how you did not see this happen, they did it twice! The first time they did it, they actually had a reason to be in front of Magoffins fans because they had to get their pom poms, but the second time they purposely came over right in front of the Magoffin Cheer section and started Cheering. IMO that was uncalled for.
maybe they were defecting???
sportsfan06 Wrote:I really don't know how you did not see this happen, they did it twice! The first time they did it, they actually had a reason to be in front of Magoffins fans because they had to get their pom poms, but the second time they purposely came over right in front of the Magoffin Cheer section and started Cheering. IMO that was uncalled for.

I do believe you are probably talking about Lawrence..I saw that as well.
The Guru Wrote:maybe they were defecting???

They did it on purpose, I mean our girls dont make rude gestures to other fans from the other team, lchs cheerleaders had no reason to come to our side of the gym and act like that
I was in the front row of magoffin's cheer section beside our cheerleaders and lchs cheerleaders came over and made some uncalled for gestures and a few words

That shows how unsportsman like the cheerleaders and there fans are and yes i mean fans because of that little "Corn-fed inbreed" chant
hornetcrazy09 Wrote:I was in the front row of magoffin's cheer section beside our cheerleaders and lchs cheerleaders came over and made some uncalled for gestures and a few words

That shows how unsportsman like the cheerleaders and there fans are and yes i mean fans because of that little "Corn-fed inbreed" chant

Well I agree that it was uncalled for, but it happens. I guess the last laugh was on them though because the LC cheerleaders didn't win and the Magoffin b-ball teams won both boys and girls titles. So I wouldn't worry much about it!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Well I agree that it was uncalled for, but it happens. I guess the last laugh was on them though because the LC cheerleaders didn't win and the Magoffin b-ball teams won both boys and girls titles. So I wouldn't worry much about it!

Well maybe we DID win both titles....that should have nothing to do with it....still didnt give them the right to act that way, even if we were winning by 1000.
talking about rude cheerleading squads. at the estill v. powell boys district game estill county cheerleaders would not even shake powells cheerleaders hands at the end of the game. and at the powell v. estill girls district finals game powells cheerleaders went over to talk to estills cheerleaders to wish them good luck and they turned their backs on powells cheerleaders and ignored them. That is rude and bad sportsmanship
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:talking about rude cheerleading squads. at the estill v. powell boys district game estill county cheerleaders would not even shake powells cheerleaders hands at the end of the game. and at the powell v. estill girls district finals game powells cheerleaders went over to talk to estills cheerleaders to wish them good luck and they turned their backs on powells cheerleaders and ignored them. That is rude and bad sportsmanship

Wow thats is definitely rude!!! But you know I wouldn't put all the blame on the girls, (they are still kids) I think that most of the blame should be on the Cheerleading Sponsor, she should have been the bigger person and made her girls shake hands and apologize to the Powell County girls.
Shelby Valleys cheerleading squad is really respectful...if their coach caught them being rude I can guarantee they would be in real trouble...
well here we go again..........
Well let me guess where#1 cheerleader is from..........uhhh Powell maybe
If the Estill Cheerleaders were being rude, then words could not begin to describe the way in which the Powell cheerleaders conducted themselves. On Thursday night, when Powell had a substantial lead at the end of the third quarter, the Powell cheerleaders began to parade around the floor imitating a train in order to make fun of Estill's mascot- the Engineers. When the cheerleaders reached mid court, they all fell down in the middle of the floor, and very rudly started to yell "train wreck." I have never been a cheerleader and have never had anything to do with a cheerlaeding squad, but I do know that the primary responsibility of a cheerleader is to cheer on their team. Not to cheer against the other team. So if you want to tale about rude, then my friend, that was simply trashy!
ok im pretty sure at the boys game pc cheerleaders didnt come over until the ec cheerleaders were doing the fight song.

And at the girls game ecs band was playing and ec cheerleaders were being CHEERLEADERS and CHEERING!!...key word: cheer

But I agree with GOP-1 the girls fallin all over the gym floor [with skirts especially] was little trashy...& gross.Tongueuke:

And then at the girls game there was no hand shaking because everybody was celebrating our lady engineer's win of the 56th district. Sorry but we were just a little overwhelmed by the excitement.:letsparty
I thought I saw the cheerleaders shake hands after the Powell-Estill game..........
Dont be deceived by any Powell people. The cheerleaders did shake hands at the end of the game.
GOP-1 Wrote:If the Estill Cheerleaders were being rude, then words could not begin to describe the way in which the Powell cheerleaders conducted themselves. On Thursday night, when Powell had a substantial lead at the end of the third quarter, the Powell cheerleaders began to parade around the floor imitating a train in order to make fun of Estill's mascot- the Engineers. When the cheerleaders reached mid court, they all fell down in the middle of the floor, and very rudly started to yell "train wreck." I have never been a cheerleader and have never had anything to do with a cheerlaeding squad, but I do know that the primary responsibility of a cheerleader is to cheer on their team. Not to cheer against the other team. So if you want to tale about rude, then my friend, that was simply trashy!

That's funny! :lmao:
ECgirl Wrote:ok im pretty sure at the boys game pc cheerleaders didnt come over until the ec cheerleaders were doing the fight song.

And at the girls game ecs band was playing and ec cheerleaders were being CHEERLEADERS and CHEERING!!...key word: cheer

But I agree with GOP-1 the girls fallin all over the gym floor [with skirts especially] was little trashy...& gross.Tongueuke:

And then at the girls game there was no hand shaking because everybody was celebrating our lady engineer's win of the 56th district. Sorry but we were just a little overwhelmed by the excitement.:letsparty

But, it's O.K. for them to do Heel stretches, toe touches and all the other moves they do with thier skirts on? Please.... People need to quit looking for all these PETTY reasons to complain about other teams and squads I think the train wreck thing is pretty funny. Better than the Nutts and Bolts cheer and personal attack cheers. I just can't imagine what would be said if they did some of the cheers or chants we did when we were in highschool. :eek:
GOP-1 Wrote:If the Estill Cheerleaders were being rude, then words could not begin to describe the way in which the Powell cheerleaders conducted themselves. On Thursday night, when Powell had a substantial lead at the end of the third quarter, the Powell cheerleaders began to parade around the floor imitating a train in order to make fun of Estill's mascot- the Engineers. When the cheerleaders reached mid court, they all fell down in the middle of the floor, and very rudly started to yell "train wreck." I have never been a cheerleader and have never had anything to do with a cheerlaeding squad, but I do know that the primary responsibility of a cheerleader is to cheer on their team. Not to cheer against the other team. So if you want to tale about rude, then my friend, that was simply trashy!
I would think this is funny no matter what side I was on. This has taken some quality thinking to come with this routine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4