Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Crack Back Rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been flagged yet on the new crack back rule? If so, was it legit or a borderline call? Haven't seen it yet in our games but curious if it is affecting game play anywhere in the state.
Seen it flagged once on film (wasnt at the game). Call looked correct to me. Its subjective call to some extent.

This was on a 4 man officials crew.
No crack back problems, but did we have an official interpret the point of emphasis on equipment (pants). Both teams flagged 15 yards.
Cardfan1 Wrote:No crack back problems, but did we have an official interpret the point of emphasis on equipment (pants). Both teams flagged 15 yards.

What was the issue?
We had a crack back (blindside) block flag throw against team we played and it was close, but rule said to throw flag if it's close to protect players.
plantmanky Wrote:What was the issue?

He felt players pants were too short. One penalty was in he 4th quarter on a kid that had played the entire game.
I talked with a ref at my jv game last week that said the same thing that they were told to start addressing kids who didn't wear knee pads or had short pants on. Basically this aint the nfl and they have to have pants that cover knees.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I talked with a ref at my jv game last week that said the same thing that they were told to start addressing kids who didn't wear knee pads or had short pants on. Basically this aint the nfl and they have to have pants that cover knees.

And I have no problem with that, but this official obviously had not watched his clinic that plainly states: send the player off the field. If it reoccurs a delay of game penalty, which is 5 yards not 15.