Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia @ Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Moving on to the next game on Wednesday. Senior night at Rupp, playing a pretty good Georgia team.

Kentucky 70
Georgia 63
Bet on it. Kentucky by 6 or more or will Georgia come within 6 or win?
I think UK will defend their homecourt in this one. And exact some revenge againist the Bulldogs from last months OT loss.

UK-76
UGA-69
A must win so I will say the Cats by 10!!!
Yeah its a must win, but can they win it? Id like to believe they will, but they should have won today also and didnt. So I will go with UK by no more than 6, and thats a stretch.
I have 50,000 on Georgia for the spread!

:bball:
This will be a close game that the Wildcats will win if they can get Morris estabilished early.If they can't get the inside play estabilished and dominate on the boards the Bulldogs will hand the Wildcats their 10th loss of the season with Florida left to play.I think UK pulls out a win!!!

UK-63
UG- 58
Kentucky by 7
Go Uk
I am going to go with UK on this one. If they lose another one I will probably never watch UK basketball again!
kentucky by 50,000
This will be a good one. I think UK will pull this one out because of how well they played against Vandy.

UK-73
UGA-69
UGA wins by 4
BelfryPride Wrote:UGA wins by 4

Why did you bet on Kentucky to win by 6 or more?
What's the latest odds out of Vegas on Tubby being loudly booed during introductions?
UK will win this one 31-28. Sheray gets lost on the way to Rupp for senior night.
alfus21 Wrote:Why did you bet on Kentucky to win by 6 or more?

Because I mistakingly placed the bet on the wrong team...

I am very loyal to UK and I am very competitive and hate to lose, today's loss made me literally sick. I just really and truly think that Tubby has to step down at the end of the season. We need someone that will restore some respect back into our program....we need a change and I would hope that Tubby would do the right thing.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:What's the latest odds out of Vegas on Tubby being loudly booed during introductions?

Hopefully the odds aren't good but I know some fans will. No matter what fans think of these seniors they don't deserve to have their last night at Rupp ruined by boo birds. These guys have poured in 4 years to the program and no matter what you think of them they've tried their hardest even if it wasn't enough sometimes they still tried, and only done what they've been told to do. Along with the fact that it would only play into the stereotypical UK fan perception on a national/regional televised game, and people who hate UK love seeing our fans being idiots on television, and booing only plays into their favor on that one.

There are better, more effective, and more mature ways to go about the situation for fans, and booing is the least effective and probably most embarrassing to the program from several perspectives.

Hopefully some people will realize that, and take a better course of action such as not even showing up for the game or organizing a meeting with Barnhart himself.
I never said anything about booing the players.......just BOOING Tubby. He definitely deserves it. Wish I was there. I'd boo him.

BTW.....I did have the pleasure of attending one UK Senior Day back when Jerry 'Ice' Reynolds and his high flying top 5 ranked LSU Tigers rolled into town for Senior Day when Bowie, Turpin, Minnifield and Byrd were seniors. LSU left town with their tails between their legs. What a performance by UK! There's a highlight feel of Minnifield making a 3/4 court pass to Bowie for a slam. The place went nuts. Loudest I've ever heard Rupp. I'll try to find it and post it later.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:I never said anything about booing the players.......just BOOING Tubby. He definitely deserves it. Wish I was there. I'd boo him.

BTW.....I did have the pleasure of attending one UK Senior Day back when Jerry 'Ice' Reynolds and his high flying top 5 ranked LSU Tigers rolled into town for Senior Day when Bowie, Turpin, Minnifield and Byrd were seniors. LSU left town with their tails between their legs. What a performance by UK! There's a highlight feel of Minnifield making a 3/4 court pass to Bowie for a slam. The place went nuts. Loudest I've ever heard Rupp. I'll try to find it and post it later.

Oops.....Correction. Minnifield and Byrd were not part of that senior class and LSU wasn't ranked in top 5. The seniors were Bowie, Turpin, Beal, Master, and Heitz. Pardon the temorary short circuit of my brain in the previous post. Head colds and strong medication will do that to 'ya. Smile I was there....1984....sitting in Sect 11 row 2 seat 6. The one thing I'll always remember about that senior day was LSU coach Dale Brown insisted his players be on the floor to watch UK's Senior Day instead of going back to the dressing room like most teams do. When the seniors took their 'customary stroll' around the arena waving to the fans, Melvin Turpin was pushing his mother in a wheelchair. As the parade went past the LSU bench (where UK's bench is now - they changed ends back in the '90s) coach Brown walked out and kissed Turpin's mother on the cheek and gave her a big hug. I know alot of UK fans detest Dale Brown, but that was one of the classiest things I've ever seen. UK went on to blow out LSU 90-68. LSU's Jerry Reynolds was held to only 8 points and Leonard Mitchell only had 5.
I remember the '84 season too..Dicky Beal and Jim Masters were seniors on that team too..rolled all the way to the final 4, and was beating Georgetowns butts 27-15 late in the first half until the wheels fell off the bus. UK shot 3 of 33 in the second half, got outscored 31-11 and was beaten 53-40..that half cost UK a national championship.
I loved Dale Brown! Always was a class Act. Just got done reading a book on him! Anyways, I am picking UK 74-67.
Hopefully UK makes this senior night a great one by bringing a victory in Rupp! Cats by 8
UK Recruit Jai Lucas will be in attendance for Wednesday's game.
alfus21 Wrote:UK Recruit Jai Lucas will be in attendance for Wednesday's game.

I sure hope Kentucky fans and players impress Jai.
Same here blackcat. I really hope this pulls him into bleeding blue with us.
Uk Must Win This Game If The Sec Tourn Started Today They Would Play Alabama 7:30 Game Not The Way I Want To Start.
You Can Goto Secsports.com And Get Tourn. Bracket.
I hope UK wins this one----------there ought to be motivation for them in this one. My brain tells me it is too close to call though.........did you ever think a bball game against Georgia at home on Senior Day would be "too close to call"?
Look for fewer UK fans to be at the SEC tourney this year.
Pages: 1 2