Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Chaney-Mean, Honery SOB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
John Chaney, the self proclaimed mean, honery SOB has suspended himself for one game after admitting to "sending in goons" to send a message. He was upset about moving screens not being called so he sent a player in to let them know that they can play dirty too. One player ended up getting hurt.
That just proves that two wrong's dont make a right. A player shouldnt have been acting that way but i have to admit, i might wouldve did the same thing if i was the player. But, it was wrong of the coach to send him in the game just purposely to do that. But, you have to respect him for suspending himself for one. What team does he coach anyway?...I have heard his name somewhere.
I hope your joking SuperMario either that or your showing your young age. LOL TEMPLE
Hahah.. him and those eyes lol..
jon chaney is desperate rite now..his team is downright terrible...so ill give him a pass..lol
yes he did do it and Temple has suspended him the rest of the regular season, which yea its only three games. but for a coach on this level of play to do somehting like that is unacceptable... u dont want to get players hurt.
I don't think it will end with the suspension that Temple gave him. Look for more to come from this story.
I don't care how desperate you get, there's not a thing in the world more important than the safety of those players. I think he should be fire. This was very wrong what he die and he should be punished, not slapped on the wrist.
Don't forget the time he went off on John Calipra (SP) he stated he would kill him. The man has a temper and its time for him to go.
I agree CD.. He's fun to watch, but he's gettin old, and Temple hasn't done real good in years.. NOt that I remember anyway. He's goin to give himself a stroke or something from gettin so mad.
At one time he was one of the best in the game but his time has passed and he needs to get out. I'm afraid that now that this has happened that this will be the lasting memory of the man.
i think he needs to be let go for his actions... i mean is that the message we want kids to see, if u cant stop a player/team then u should hurt them.... the man made a huge mistake.
I think he should pay medical bills, get the kid a try out with an NBA team. An ioeb public apoligy at ST Joes. coach next season and donate salary and shoe contract to confilct resolution programs in Phily
there is no way john chaney shouldve ever done that, i think that he should be suspended indefinentley by the NCAA. I knew the man had a temper, but when you send a kid in the hurt someone (he broke his arm) that is unexceptable. Coaches should have more class than that. He should pay for his actions, maybe a kick between the legs would do the trick?
lol hawkamania at his age a kick between the legs would kill him, lets not go to far, and if the kid had just gotten a bruise we wouldnt be talken about it...
I think we would have. The thread was started prior to them stating that the arm was broken.
Well, how about a hard slap? lol
True Catdawg, I had no idea as to extent of the injury when I started the thread.
I like John Chaney. I think he looks like an owl. Also i think it is cool the way he put a hit out on a player.
You need help Hurley.
dont pick on hurley now, people do call him crazy an awful lot. He does kinda look like an owl though.
The stunt Chaney pulled was totally uncalled for. If I were on the opposing team I would push for his application to be terminated. He's had a history of insane acts to go along with this one. He's 70 years old and will not learn from this. NCAA basketball does not need this type of coaching. Fire him.
Doc that was crazy....lol
I liked Doc's statement on the entire thing.
Doc ur takin this a little too far, he wasnt even that good even when he did start, and hes only missing like 4 games..so w.e