Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2007 McDonald's All American Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This year's game is to be played in Louisville.

[b]EAST TEAM[/b]

Nick Calathes - Florida
Johnny Flynn - Syracuse
Austin Freeman - Georgetown
Donte Greene - Syracuse
JJ Hickson - NC State
Kosta Koufos - Ohio State
Gani Lawal - Georgia Tech
OJ Mayo - USC
Patrick Patterson - undecided
Nolan Smith - Duke
Corey Stokes - Villanova
Chris Wright - Georgetown

[b]WEST TEAM[/b]

Cole Aldrich - Kansas
James Anderson - Oklahoma State
Jerryd Bayless - Arizona
Michael Beasley - Kansas State
Eric Gordon - Indiana
Blake Griffin - Oklahoma
James Harden - Arizona State
Taylor King - Duke
Kevin Love - UCLA
Jai Lucas - undecided
Derrick Rose - Memphis
Kyle Singler - Duke
Kevin Love is probably one of the best out of the bunch IMO.
And none of them committed to UK how sad is this.
Ah, You kind of get used to it anymore..
Batpuff Wrote:And none of them committed to UK how sad is this.

Very sad, but we still have a great shot with Patterson. But so does Duke and Florida. Sad
Wow 3 years in a row now we dont get a mcdonalds all american another great job by tubby smith
I REALLY want Patterson to go to Duke. With McRoberts not having a standout year, I expect him to return next year. Him and Patterson would be a great tandem on the court, along with Nolan Smith who can shoot the lights out.
Patterson is Florida bound. He loves Billy D's style of play. Lucas will more than likely end up at Okie State.
You guys complain when Kentucky gets All Americans because all they want is to show themselves off and go to the NBA.

You guys complain when they don't get All Americans because they're so good.

You guys complain when Tubby recruits Kentucky players (Carrier, Stockton)

You guys complain when Tubby doesn't recruit Kentucky players (Lofton)

You base everything on "star" rating systems by rivals and scout despite the fact that they usually mean nothing in the end. (Morrison, Lofton)
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Patterson is Florida bound. He loves Billy D's style of play. Lucas will more than likely end up at Okie State.

Links?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I REALLY want Patterson to go to Duke. With McRoberts not having a standout year, I expect him to return next year. Him and Patterson would be a great tandem on the court, along with Nolan Smith who can shoot the lights out.

Cant foroget Taylor King, he will be an asset to Duke as well.
Disco Stu Wrote:Links?

It would do no good to post links for you, DS. While wearing those 'Big Blue Goggles', you wouldn't be able to read them.

There are none, it was his opinion.
Disco Stu Wrote:You guys complain when Kentucky gets All Americans because all they want is to show themselves off and go to the NBA.

You base everything on "star" rating systems by rivals and scout despite the fact that they usually mean nothing in the end. (Morrison, Lofton)

Maybe the recruiting isn't our problem? Ever thought of that.. The problem seems to be player development both physically, mentally and emotionally, regardless of the thier star rating. Who is to blame for that?

Good coaches develop average players into good players. Good players into great players.. Current at Kentucky its the opposite.. Why havent our 3 all americans become great? What havent our average players become good after 4 years... (eg.. Thomas, woo, Perry)... And you want to know why everyone is complaining.. Just open your eyes and look at the situation at hand..
Uk needs to get Lucas and Patterson to have any kind of team next year. We really need to fill in the piece of a power Forward and I believe Patt can do that!
i guarantee if u would have given bob knight this same group of players they would be in the top ten!!! Look what he has and how he is still winning...
If Tubby don't land Lucas and Patterson he can just get on out of Kentucky...
\
Would you blame them? Let's see..Go to Florida where they like to run and gun and could average more than 9 points a game if I went to UK or go to Ohio State where they have great young talent and is looking to build a dynasty with the young talent they have? UK??? NO CHANCE!! Dream on UK FAITHFUL and WAKE UP!
TorQQue...PERFECT POST THAT SUMS EVERYTHING UP!!!!!
When is the game being played?
Wow, you guys are terrible.

"WAHHH Tubby doesnt have a Mcdonalds all american!!"
Guess what, we will have 2...GUARENTEED

"WAHHH why would Patterson not go to florida and score all those points"

Guess what, their last 5 games they are avergaing a whopping 65.8 a game.

Grow up and stop crying like a bunch of 3 year olds.
15thRegionX Wrote:Uk needs to get Lucas and Patterson to have any kind of team next year. We really need to fill in the piece of a power Forward and I believe Patt can do that!

Patterson is way overated and no matter how good the coaching will never be great at the next level. That is my opinion, and no, there are no links to it. The guy has no jump shot and cannot score on anything but a dunk. Something he will not be able to do at the major D1 level.

The bad part about that is. Kentucky does need a PF and if they don't get Patterson everyone will blame Tubby. If they do get him and he turns out not to be the instant All American SOME think he will be, Tubby will get the blame again.
Disco Stu Wrote:You guys complain when Kentucky gets All Americans because all they want is to show themselves off and go to the NBA.

:thumpsup:
I don't think patterson is an SEC type player. He wont be able to control the boards and dunk on most SEC big guys. His game is not where it needs to be right now. He's not even the best player on his high school team.
kyrifle Wrote:I don't think patterson is an SEC type player. He wont be able to control the boards and dunk on most SEC big guys. His game is not where it needs to be right now. He's not even the best player on his high school team.

Well I agree with you that he will not be able to dominate the paint in the SEC or any other major conference. I do see him being no more than a good role player at the next level. Just rebound and play solid defense. But there are not many out there that are better than Mayo.
FBALL Wrote:Well I agree with you that he will not be able to dominate the paint in the SEC or any other major conference. I do see him being no more than a good role player at the next level. Just rebound and play solid defense. But there are not many out there that are better than Mayo.

Listen fellas, if this is the only year that you have seen Patrick Patterson play, then you may actually believe he is not SEC material. OJ Mayo has absolutely took him out of his game. Last year, Patterson showed what he can do. Also during the AAU circuit, he REALLY showcased his talent. He will be an AMAZING player at the college level, just wait and see. :thumpsup:
corndog23 Wrote:Listen fellas, if this is the only year that you have seen Patrick Patterson play, then you may actually believe he is not SEC material. OJ Mayo has absolutely took him out of his game. Last year, Patterson showed what he can do. Also during the AAU circuit, he REALLY showcased his talent. He will be an AMAZING player at the college level, just wait and see. :thumpsup:

Will he be an amazing player at UK? Probly not,
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Will he be an amazing player at UK? Probly not,

And you know this how? Rolleyes
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Will he be an amazing player at UK? Probly not,

P R O B A B L Y

And yes, he will be an amazing player at THE University of Kentucky.
corndog23 Wrote:Listen fellas, if this is the only year that you have seen Patrick Patterson play, then you may actually believe he is not SEC material. OJ Mayo has absolutely took him out of his game. Last year, Patterson showed what he can do. Also during the AAU circuit, he REALLY showcased his talent. He will be an AMAZING player at the college level, just wait and see. :thumpsup:

I saw him play his junior year before the traveling road show came to town. I stand by my assessment.
Pages: 1 2