Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville College vs. Milligan Brawl!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mid-way thru the game a Pikeville College player hit what was ruled a homerun...the other manager argued that the hit was a GRD....he was tossed and he kicked dirt al over the plate and left.... the very next pitch the Milligan pitcher slung a fastball at the Pikeville hitter and the Pikeville bench clear then the Milligan bench clear and someone said someonething and the fighting began...The police were called in but by the time they got there the fight had broken up.... the coaches were also throwing punches!!! Helmets were thrown, people were attacked from behind, and they were taken down in pile to the grund.... it was pure madness....
Wow, you hate to see fights in any sporting event. But it seems like its happening in baseball more than ever now.
-STATS- Wrote:Wow, you hate to see fights in any sporting event. But it seems like its happening in baseball more than ever now.

yea I agree
Out of control
Benchwarmer Wrote:Out of control

Completely
Not shocked from this at all!
Were there any arrest?

And was the game being video taped, if so im sure youtube wont be very far away.
If anyone finds this on YOU TUBE please let us know!
Doc Holliday Wrote:Were there any arrest?

And was the game being video taped, if so im sure youtube wont be very far away.

i dont believe that there were any arrests but i did see someone from Milligan taping it..
Any Video?
mcfan1 Wrote:Any Video?

not sure yet...
I foind it funny neither team's site mentioned the brawl...Milligan's said that the game was suspended due to "unsafe playing conditions" and Pikeville's said the game ended with a walk-off homerun lol...
Well that is really 2 different view points. LOL

I don't blame them for no mention, could leave both schools with a BLACK EYE.
Got wind today that it was Milligan that started it all. They threw the pitch after the homerun at the batters head, which caused the Bears to stand up in the dugout. This caused their coach, who was tossed after the homer, to jump the field and scream profanities at Pikeville which caused his team to get "pumped up" and rush the third base line. Wasn't very smart because they were out numbered like 37 to 28 or something like that....lol.
Milligan's local daily, the Johnson City Press, provide's their take:
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Detail.p...S&ID=58846
IRISH4 Wrote:Got wind today that it was Milligan that started it all. They threw the pitch after the homerun at the batters head, which caused the Bears to stand up in the dugout. This caused their coach, who was tossed after the homer, to jump the field and scream profanities at Pikeville which caused his team to get "pumped up" and rush the third base line. Wasn't very smart because they were out numbered like 37 to 28 or something like that....lol.

they didnt throw the pitch at the guy who hit the homerun.. he threw it at the batter immeadeatly following him and the other teams coach didnt come back to the field until the brawl started...and it was only one player from milligan that start towrds a player which resulted in the rest coming out
Panther Thunder Wrote:they didnt throw the pitch at the guy who hit the homerun.. he threw it at the batter immeadeatly following him and the other teams coach didnt come back to the field until the brawl started...and it was only one player from milligan that start towrds a player which resulted in the rest coming out

I'd hope that he didn't throw it at the Bartolon's head....lol. I know he threw it at the next batter...Darby. I thought I made that clear, but I guess it wasn't. I've talked to Coach Ashby and Shelton, those were my two sources on the whole incident. Aparently it was starting a lot earlier than the homerun, the umpire told the coaches that Milligan was pissed because they hadn't had a single hit through the first 4 or 5 innings. Once the HR was hit, everything else was inevitable. The police asked the coaches if he wanted to press charges against the Milligan coach and they chose not to. Unfortunate situation, but things like that happen in baseball.
I heard about this from a friend earlier today. I hope everyone is alright. I heard that Pikeville College's pitcher was pitching later that game with some bloody knuckles.
The game was called after the fight, "unsafe playing conditions."
thetribe Wrote:I heard about this from a friend earlier today. I hope everyone is alright. I heard that Pikeville College's pitcher was pitching later that game with some bloody knuckles.

In which game?? Milligan left right after the fight...
wow, when and where did these take place
wow- i would like to see a video of these.
let me know, oh heck everyone know if anyones finds a video
Paco07 Wrote:wow, when and where did these take place
wow- i would like to see a video of these.
let me know, oh heck everyone know if anyones finds a video

Davis Park in Pikeville
A friend that was at the game said the ball did bounce over the fence. Shouldnt had been ruled a homerun.