Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Results from State??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who placed where? I'm anxious to find out!
Hazard lost...as usual...
Who beat Hazard?
No one knows who won?
I know in the traditional category GRC won again and Pburg got 5th. Pretty good for Pburg since this was the 1st time that they have competed in state.
Great!
Here are the results:

Small Varsity

1st Madison Central
2nd Madisonville North Hopkins
3rd Butler Traditional
4th Pikeville
5th Perry Central Black

Medium Varsity

1st North Laurel
2nd Pikeville
3rd Henderson County
4th Riedland
5th Anderson County

Large Varsity

1st Dunbar
2nd Daviess County
3rd GRC White Varsity
4th Corbin
5th Warren Central

Co-Ed

1st Graves County
2nd Bullitt Central
3rd Russell County
4th Somerset
5th Letcher County Central

Traditional

1st GRC Red Varsity
2nd Williamsburg
3rd East Carter
4th Wayne County
5th Prestonsburg

Coach of the Year- Karen Feldhaus- Madison Central High School
Congrats everyone!
Congrats to all squads who placed....Pikeville you all did great recovering from that accident and i hope that she gets better soon and p-burg you all did a great job!
CONGRATS to everyone that won!

today was sooo long! Our music messed up, pikeville's cheerleader accident and one team had a girl get sick and throw up on the floor but everyone handled everything really good! im proud of everyone!
What accident? Explain, please?
Pikeville.....u girls did awesome, nice job recovering from ur accident...i was still amazed with wht u all put together.....Congrats to Pikeville (Maroon), Pikeville (White), and P-burg...u all did great!!
Congrats to Pikeville and Prestonsburg for representing the mountains and placing in the top 5!!
PHS95 Wrote:What accident? Explain, please?
From what I was told, they had a girl blow out a knee early in the routine, she was rushed to the hospital and Pikeville Maroon was allowed to go and rework their routine and start over. Mrs. Stone must have pulled a rabbit out of her hat for her girls to go through something like that and pull off a very good routine to finish what...4th?
Great job. Congrats to all the 15th squads, I heard they all did very well!!!
Congrats Pikeville!!! Way 2 pull thru!!
Graves gets it done again! Congrats to the best squad in the state
how did Powell County end up?
What Pikeville cheerleader was injured???
How about a get well/best wishes thread somebody???
congrats to pikeville white's cheerleaders...they did awesome!!!! the med. varsity division was really hard this year but they came out ready to compete..... also congrats to north laurel for a great 1st place finish!
JustTrying Wrote:how did Powell County end up?

Obviously they didn't win like everybody from Powell County thought they would. I saw the results and I know Model came in 6th. I don't know exactly where they finished, but they had great crowd support.
i believe powell came in 7th
It is my opinion that everyone, competing yesterday, entered McBrayer Arena as a CHAMPION. From there, you all know there was not one squad, who did not try their very best to represent their schools, squads, and families to the best of their ability. It was a indeed a long day. The morning session seemed to encounter one "snag" after another, but everyone worked well to pull thru! The injury to the Pikeville cheer leader was one of the most painful things I have witnessed in cheer. The tech judges heard the knee "pop" and I personally, heard the little girl moan and sob for "Miss Stone".... Time was suspended it seemed and everyone hopped into action. The trainer came out immediately as did Miss Stone, the KAPOS President was out there and as soon as the girl couldbe moved, she was. The squad was hustled off the mat and back to the warm-up area almost as soon as it happened. The rest of the squad was visibly shaken. Like The Guru said, Miss Stone went back to the warm up area and whipped that squad back into shape. It was the heart of a CHAMPION that brought those girls thru and a true testament to their desire to succeed.... gutsiest thing I've seen in many years in cheer and I am so proud of them and our Region as a whole! I thought Prestonsburg did a very nice job! It was their first visit to State in many moons, but their first with Coach Ousley. A 5th place finish was MARVELOUS and such a fantastic was to lay the groundwork for future visits! Getting your foot in the door is HUGE, but then being able to build upon that graciously is what everyone aspires to do! A taste of success is an intoxicating thing!
I was proud of Belfry and Phelps! Belfry did a very nice job and competed among some very good squads. Phelps entered this competition in the co-ed division... and may have had some music glitches, but re-grouped and did a good job. They certainly seemed to enjoy themselves and I am sure their coach picked up some ideas and will know exactly what needs to happen for next year, should she opt for co-ed again! Pikeville White... entered the competition as the very last squad in the Medium Division. They took to the mat with eagerness and the spark in their eyes made me know they were ready. (Although entering this competition as National Champions in the Jr High Division @ UCA Nationals, they were competing against older girls. This may not mean a whole lot to the average person, but when competing against the likes of North Laurel, this is a very hard thing to do.) These little girls stepped right up and put it out there! (One thing to remember, when doing stunts and tumbling & so forth, the true champions make everything look easy and perhaps to the untrained eye, there's no difference, but Pikeville White did their best and a 2nd place finish was a MAJOR WIN in the Medium Division! That's my "take" on the 15th... Eastern Kentucky, as a whole... was represented VERY WELL and I'll be even more excited to see what everyone does, as far as re-building, re-loading, and/or repeating next season!!! Congratulations to everyone, who competed in yesterday's event... and more importantly... THANK YOU TO THE GIRLS THEMSELVES FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION, TO THE COACHES FOR ALL THEIR HEART AND PATIENCE, AND TO THE PARENTS FOR ALL THEIR LOVE, SUPPORT, AND MONEY!
I know this comment may step on some toes for people in the 15th region. I really do not think that Pikeville's junior high team should be able to compete against high school teams at the KAPOS state competition. KHSAA means Kentucky High School Athletic Association. I would think that there would be a competition they could compete at for their grade level. I know that they have recently implemented a Middle School State Cheerleading championship. Does Pikeville compete in this competition? I am not taking anything away from the junior high's ability. They had an awesome performance yesterday. I just don't think it is fair for them to compete against high school teams.
Us folks at Belfry had great seats, due to competing early.....What happened to Pikeville was terrible, it was the worst thing I had see in cheerleading. I have to say Mrs. Stone and her squad, really pulled it together. When the squad came back out , we tried to cheer them on, and help them out, they needed all the support they could get at this point. I must say, when they finished the second time, some of the girls came in the stands and personally thanked us for our support. I thought that showed true class and maturity, I wish Kayela a speedy recovery and best wishes! Congrats to P-burg for a top 5 finish, WAY TO GO!
Congrats to all of the teams in competition and doing so well. Good luck in the tournaments that are coming up in the districts.
colonelfan2001 Wrote:I know this comment may step on some toes for people in the 15th region. I really do not think that Pikeville's junior high team should be able to compete against high school teams at the KAPOS state competition. KHSAA means Kentucky High School Athletic Association. I would think that there would be a competition they could compete at for their grade level. I know that they have recently implemented a Middle School State Cheerleading championship. Does Pikeville compete in this competition? I am not taking anything away from the junior high's ability. They had an awesome performance yesterday. I just don't think it is fair for them to compete against high school teams.

You are not stepping upon toes, however, I want to know why you feel it is unfair. They are younger and yet have been approved by the KHSAA to meet the requirements to cheer for their Varsity Girls Basketball team. Title IX requires the squads to be of equal ability to do this. Pikeville is talented enough and fortunate enough to have two squads to meet this requirement. There aren't many other schools East of Lexington who can do this. (It is working squads, from schools who do not have another equal ability group, to death. It is an aggravating rule. Yet this group, who refuses to recognize cheer as a sport, can have this type of power over us. Why can they get away with it? Because we let them. But this is a topic for a new thread altogether.) Why do I get the feeling that your post makes it seem like it's unfair for Pikeville to "get" to compete against older girls... why should that matter? What's age got to do with anything... if a squad is good enough to be there, what's the issue? If the older squads are good enough, why are they worried about a Jr. High Squad in their division? I would welcome good competition no matter where it came from.... but that's just me.
colonelfan2001 Wrote:I know this comment may step on some toes for people in the 15th region. I really do not think that Pikeville's junior high team should be able to compete against high school teams at the KAPOS state competition. KHSAA means Kentucky High School Athletic Association. I would think that there would be a competition they could compete at for their grade level. I know that they have recently implemented a Middle School State Cheerleading championship. Does Pikeville compete in this competition? I am not taking anything away from the junior high's ability. They had an awesome performance yesterday. I just don't think it is fair for them to compete against high school teams.
Who is it unfair for???LOL
You are not stepping on toes, just sounding jealous.

Is it fair to basketball and baseball teams that get beat out by teams that play 8th graders? happens every year.
Hey folks... this is feel good thread.... this is a good topic for another thread.
IISnakE Wrote:Hey folks... this is feel good thread.... this is a good topic for another thread.

Snake,
Got the 411 on Phelps Co-ed.... they placed 6th.... only a couple pts difference!! Great job IMO ..... had to re-work their routine due to a girl hurting her back and being unable to compete!! This is their first time in co-ed ..... I' m proud of them!!!!:Cheerlead
Pages: 1 2