Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bradley THANKS Cat fans for patience.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Everybody has their, you know, turning point," he said. "That point when they say, 'OK, I'm tired of it now.' "

UK might have flirted with that point by losing to Florida, Tennessee and Alabama, an eight-day spiral that effectively knocked the Cats out of the Southeastern Conference race.

But even when Kentucky got off to a slow start again, falling behind 28-12 to an LSU team playing without star Glen "Big Baby" Davis, not even a grumble was heard. This from a Rupp Arena crowd that earlier this season booed Sheray Thomas' entry into a game and then 10 days later booed Joe Crawford and Bradley for dribbling too much.

This continued a trend. Most famously, Cats fans (circa 1997) once booed the home team in what became a 29-point victory over Mississippi State.

As Rodney Dangerfield would say: Tough crowd.

"Diehard Blue fans, that's what I'm so grateful about," Bradley said. "Even when we were struggling, I'd go out and people would say, 'Keep your head up. It's going to be all right.'

"As players, you need that."

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...754286.htm

Been waiting on GKS to post some of these "quotes" but I guess he doesn't care about the positive ones.
Corndog its becuae all these Tubby haters refuse to believe that anything positive could come from any of Tubbys teams. Probably because they really have no clue bout anytihng.
Bradley loves the game, and shows a real passion for UK basketball. This goes to show that confidence in your players can go a long way sometimes.
alfus21 Wrote:Bradley loves the game, and shows a real passion for UK basketball. This goes to show that confidence in your players can go a long way sometimes.

for sure Al, we need to really RALLY behind these guys for the strech run through the tourny's, believe it or not, support actually helps more then degradation.
so corndog does this mean you are a athletic supporter. lol
Sopport does help more but these people don't really wanna support the Cats. Not true fans, but more fair weather fans.
Doc Holliday Wrote:so corndog does this mean you are a athletic supporter. lol

Heh......no doubt a HUGE athletic supporter.
Doc Holliday Wrote:so corndog does this mean you are a athletic supporter. lol

As big as they come. Big Grin
alfus21 Wrote:Bradley loves the game, and shows a real passion for UK basketball. This goes to show that confidence in your players can go a long way sometimes.
Your no UK guru,,You dont know Bradley.
catwoman Wrote:Your no UK guru,,You dont know Bradley.

Excuse me, but how do you know he is not a UK guru?? Or that he doesnt know bradley?
You don't have to be a UK guru or know Bradley to be able to watch him and see that he does care and he does lay hard and with pride.
it says there was no grumbling during the game......thats because everybody was asleep.
corndog23 Wrote:"Everybody has their, you know, turning point," he said. "That point when they say, 'OK, I'm tired of it now.' "

UK might have flirted with that point by losing to Florida, Tennessee and Alabama, an eight-day spiral that effectively knocked the Cats out of the Southeastern Conference race.

But even when Kentucky got off to a slow start again, falling behind 28-12 to an LSU team playing without star Glen "Big Baby" Davis, not even a grumble was heard. This from a Rupp Arena crowd that earlier this season booed Sheray Thomas' entry into a game and then 10 days later booed Joe Crawford and Bradley for dribbling too much.

This continued a trend. Most famously, Cats fans (circa 1997) once booed the home team in what became a 29-point victory over Mississippi State.

As Rodney Dangerfield would say: Tough crowd.

"Diehard Blue fans, that's what I'm so grateful about," Bradley said. "Even when we were struggling, I'd go out and people would say, 'Keep your head up. It's going to be all right.'

"As players, you need that."

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...754286.htm

Been waiting on GKS to post some of these "quotes" but I guess he doesn't care about the positive ones.
Exactly! I think Cats fans, well 95% are sick of the patience BS that is preached!
Well it is good to finally see some positive light and positive threads on here about UK Basketball. Bradley really stepped up by making a statement like that. Hopefully they can keep it up on the floor and keep us die-hard blue fans happy! lol.
Im one of the biggest UK fans ever and i want to see them win but when they play like this and are coached like this its just time fort a change we sit there and beat the ball on the floor and commit what 16+ turnovers everygame wow thats great. My patience is about gone with tubby
If thing don't turn around the fans will become Patients, from a heart attack.
Doc Holliday Wrote:If thing don't turn around the fans will become Patients, from a heart attack.

Smile That's even funny to me.
Hey alfus one thing i will say you love the cats, as much as anyone i have seen.

And i actually respect you for standing up for the Tub, even though i don't always agree.

But if something doesnt happen, the hospital wards will be over loaded with bluebloods, asking for a tranfusion.
Doc Holliday Wrote:But if something doesnt happen, the hospital wards will be over loaded with bluebloods, asking for a tranfusion.

Alfus just may be one of those bluebloods in the hospital ward if he keeps up this undying support for Tubby Smiff. Smile On can only take so much of this crap we call UK basketball.

[Image: crazy_man_straight_jacket_hg_blk.gif]
He drove me that way when he put Mills in against Duke and told him not to shoot.

Thank God Cameron didn't listen.

It just the poor recruiting that has got to me as late.

I used to think he was agreat bench coach, but the talent just has dropped off.

And the team appears to sometime go thru the motions. That fall on one man alone.
Thank God for Jodie Meeks! I said at the first of the year when he wasn't getting a chance to play that this kid is the player that UK needs!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Thank God for Jodie Meeks! I said at the first of the year when he wasn't getting a chance to play that this kid is the player that UK needs!

So does Stevenson. Didn't even get the warmups off. Tubby is wasting him on the bench. Thomas is taking all of Stevenson's minutes. For that reason alone, Tubby must go. The guy hasn't got a clue.
Thomas looks high as a kite everytime I see him on T.V. along with Morris!