Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Could this team Compete with UK(Roster of in state players)??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard this come up several times about KY kids not getting to play at UK. Well I've decided to Come up with a roster of in state Players 2003-2006(which would be the equivalent to the age range on the UK roster)....be Honest and realistic and tell me what you think.

Note: these are players origionally from Kentucky, I tried to come up with the best lineup I could strickley on memory.

Starters:
PG-Kevin Bridgewaters-Adair County...UT-Chatt
SG-Chris Loften-Mason County...Tennessee
SF-Maze Stallworth-John Hardin....Morehead St.
PF-Ross Neltner-Highlands...LSU/Vandy
C-Albert Jackson-Hopkins County...Georgia

Bench:
F-Michael Bush-Male...U of L(football)
F-Justin Doellman...Ryle...Xavier
F-Demetrius Green-Lex Cath...JC
F-Demetrius Guoins-North Hardin....NC A&T
G-Josh Mack-UHA...Coastal Carolina
G-AJ Slaughter-Shelby County...WKU
G-JaJuan Spillman-PRP...U of L
G-Justin Taylor-Tates Creek...Tenn. Tech/GTown Coll.
C-Terrence Farley-PRP....U of L
C-Darnell Dials-Lafayette...EKU
in all seriousness i don't think they could win but i think they could keep it within 20
If given the chance (which we all know is impossible and won't happen) I think this team would beat Kentucky.
Who would be this team's coach? If it is anyone worth a hoot then this roster could probably beat the CATS pretty easily.
No not even close. 3 good starters and nothing else.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Who would be this team's coach? If it is anyone worth a hoot then this roster could probably beat the CATS pretty easily.
I dunno who would be the coach, how about another KY boy, Travis Ford.
Bridgewaters against UK earlier this season 11 points, 3-14 shooting.
Lofton against UK earlier this season 21 points, 6-14 shooting.
Maze Stallworth??? 7 points 3 rebounds per game this season.
Ross Neltner against UK earlier this season 8 points 4 rebounds
Albert Jackson against UK earlier this season 2 points.

Michael Bush - doesn't even play
Justin Doelmann 13 points, 6 rebounds per game

The rest mentioned are absolute non-factors.

Anybody in their right mind could easily see other than Lofton this team has nothing. UK would trounce this team.
This team would not even come close to beating the Cats!!
Nobody on that team besides Lofton, Neltner and maybe Doellman even belong in this conversation. You could not make a team out of those players that could compete with anybody in the SEC.
She glad some people have some sense lol. This team would be a joke. I am agree that Lofton can straight fill it up, but it stops there lol.
Im all for Uk getting Ky boys IF they are good enough. But if the high school talent is so good in Ky, then why does the Indiana team beat us nearly every time in the KY-INd series? A UK team with mostly Ky. boys on it would get destroyed in the SEC.
Thats what i was thinking Statmaster. Seems like every year the KY-IN teams play, Indiana wins. The talent in Ky isnt as good as some people make it out to be, especially in east ky. Thats why there are hardly ever any east ky players on the team. Indiana is the basketball state, i dont care what anyone says.
In all honesty it is untelling but I am going to say no! But is we are going to lose...Then I would rather lose with players who have given everything that they have and lose with pride and understand what it means to wear the KENTUCKY jersey!
It wouldn't even be close. UK by 20+