Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK 70 LSU 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Finally the Cats turned things around in the 2nd half and played some ball. Meeks had an awesome game as did Morris. They need to build off this win and keep right on through the NCAA Tournament. This was also the 400th win in Rupp Arena. Randolph Morris also scored his 1000th point.
Thank god Glen Davis didn't play...
I was so mad during the first half I turned off the t.v. ; however I'm glad now that we pulled off the win.
Redneck Wrote:Thank god Glen Davis didn't play...

Agreed, still think Bradley dribbles too much. Glad to see them end the 3 game skid though.
Bad first half along with the fact that Crawford was basically non existent until around 2 minutes left made this a hard game to watch.

Morris puts up 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Meeks added 18 points.
Bradley had 16, but added 4 turnovers.
gald to see em end the 3game losin streak and Congrats Cats and Morris on the 1000th career points!
Redneck Wrote:Thank god Glen Davis didn't play...

I don't know. That is the best movement and offensive flow that I have seen from LSU this year. Normally they just stand around and watch Big Baby. I'm not saying it didn't help to have him out. But the rest of the Tigers looked like they did play with a bit more energy in this game.
FBALL Wrote:I don't know. That is the best movement and offensive flow that I have seen from LSU this year. Normally they just stand around and watch Big Baby. I'm not saying it didn't help to have him out. But the rest of the Tigers looked like they did play with a bit more energy in this game.

They did play really well without him. They seemed more confident to shoot the ball and really crashed the boards well. Depth was their only issue, but they looked good tonight for the most part.
Thank the Lord Jesus that Jodie Meeks is on our team. OR if you are one of those people who blame EVERYTHING on our coach, Thank Tubby Smith. But anyway, this was a tough win for the Cats, i like the way they put the Tigers away in the last 4 or 5 minutes with about 5 straight layups. thats what you need come tourny time.
I have been a Jodie Meeks dan from DAY ONE! Been my favorite player ever since he arrived at UK and is about the only player who takes pride in playing for UK!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I have been a Jodie Meeks dan from DAY ONE! Been my favorite player ever since he arrived at UK and is about the only player who takes pride in playing for UK!

Yea I agree, he is a great player..

Congrats KY
Yeah, I was there...Meeks had an awesome game. We would have been hurting if Big Baby had been playing.

We are just not physical enough, LSU was being very physical all night long and taking it right to the rim. Woo had a few good plays, Joe C finally got luke warm...Ramel still struggles at the line

Its late february and this UK team does not look at all poised to go into the NCAA's and make noise...I think it's 3 and done
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, I was there...Meeks had an awesome game. We would have been hurting if Big Baby had been playing.

We are just not physical enough, LSU was being very physical all night long and taking it right to the rim. Woo had a few good plays, Joe C finally got luke warm...Ramel still struggles at the line

Its late february and this UK team does not look at all piosed to go into the NCAA's and make noise...I think it's 3 and done

they looked pretty poised down the stretch last night??
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, I was there...Meeks had an awesome game. We would have been hurting if Big Baby had been playing.

Its late february and this UK team does not look at all piosed to go into the NCAA's and make noise...I think it's 3 and done

they looked pretty poised down the stretch last night??
corndog23 Wrote:they looked pretty poised down the stretch last night??

With the bottom dwellers of the SEC West on our home court and without their best player we won by less than 10

Should have beaten them by 15+

There is no way LSU should have came into Rupp and made a game out if this...there's no excuses for it and the last three games.
Congrats UK, I was at the game and the crowd showed a little life for once. Great game by Meeks and Morris, it's about time Randolph.
FBALL Wrote:I don't know. That is the best movement and offensive flow that I have seen from LSU this year. Normally they just stand around and watch Big Baby. I'm not saying it didn't help to have him out. But the rest of the Tigers looked like they did play with a bit more energy in this game.

Because they were playin Kentucky, EVERYONE plays their best and plays harder against Kentucky, you know that...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I have been a Jodie Meeks dan from DAY ONE! Been my favorite player ever since he arrived at UK and is about the only player who takes pride in playing for UK!

Completely agree!
Finally a win, although i still dont see them getting past the first or second round. Hey alfus, where was your boy Joe Crawford in this game, didnt do anything until about the end of the game. Good thing Meeks (the only player I see on this team that plays hard every game) and Morris stepped up. Bradley is still pitiful at the line along with other aspects of his game.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Finally a win, although i still dont see them getting past the first or second round. Hey alfus, where was your boy Joe Crawford in this game, didnt do anything until about the end of the game. Good thing Meeks (the only player I see on this team that plays hard every game) and Morris stepped up. Bradley is still pitiful at the line along with other aspects of his game.

What in the world are you talking about? I don't know when Joe Crawford became my boy but I'd already stated in a post on here that he was non existent in the game.

Bradley shot 6-8 from the free-throw line and the two he missed rattled in and came back out. Far from pitiful.
Redneck Wrote:Because they were playin Kentucky, EVERYONE plays their best and plays harder against Kentucky, you know that...

I do know that. Thats why almost every win is a hard fought win and nothing to complain about.
Not watched LSU much this season, but I've heard that LSU has a better offensive game without Baby Shaq? I don't know how a player of his size could actually hurt an offense.
Congrats to the Cats, much needed win here. Tough tough test for UK as they travel to Vandy sunday.
Congrats UK.
alfus21 Wrote:What in the world are you talking about? I don't know when Joe Crawford became my boy but I'd already stated in a post on here that he was non existent in the game.

Bradley shot 6-8 from the free-throw line and the two he missed rattled in and came back out. Far from pitiful.
Crawford did come up big in the end.
True but where was he in the first half, nowhere, he didnt score till late in the game. Sound unproductive to me.
UKGIRL20 Wrote:True but where was he in the first half, nowhere, he didnt score till late in the game. Sound unproductive to me.

Smile I'm glad it sounds unproductive to you. Guy has his 2nd bad game in the SEC play and now people complain about him Smile Kentucky won without him producing hardly anything. That in itself should say something. He's still averaging 15 per game and 17 per game in the SEC. I think we can go ahead and be quiet about Joe Crawford. He's proved himself several times, and I don't think your approval of his productivity means that much in the end.
nice -= go cats...
Pages: 1 2