Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheray Thomas's Comment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a few minutes ago in an interview with Alan Cutler on Channel 18 on the 6 PM sports, Thomas was asked what he thought of UK's present 3 game losing streak. His response: "It doesn't really bother me". You gotta be kidding me!! It should bother you bud!! It bothers us, and it should you too! Amazing.

Folks, that's what happens when you put jersey's with KENTUCKY on the front on these kids that aren't from Kentucky. They just don't care or play with the passion needed. Thank GOD Sheray is a senior and will be gone soon.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief I heard him say that......simply amazing.
WOW! That's amazing. You have the chance to play for one of college basketball's premier programs and as a senior, your team doesn't play up to it's potential, and that's how you respond. That's simply amazing! He doesn't deserve another minute of game time, IMO, the rest of the season. Kentucky boys understand the pride in wearing the blue and white. That's unbelievable. It honestly makes me sick.
Thomas is a posture boy for laziness.He mopes around like an old man.
Welcome to the new standard of UK basketball ladies and gentlemen.
:Clap: Congrats Tubby, these are the kind of players you have recruited...
he never deserved a minute in the first place. He couldnt walk on anywhere else in D-1, and Tubby is begging the NCAA to let him play 10 more years at UK..
StrikeoutKing Wrote:WOW! That's amazing. You have the chance to play for one of college basketball's premier programs and as a senior, your team doesn't play up to it's potential, and that's how you respond. That's simply amazing! He doesn't deserve another minute of game time, IMO, the rest of the season. Kentucky boys understand the pride in wearing the blue and white. That's unbelievable. It honestly makes me sick.
Amen Tideshoss32.Being a Cat fan is harder than being a Steelers fan!!!
Sheray Thomas shouldnt even be on the end of the bench with comments like that. Heck I wouldnt even let him be the waterboy! Probably too lazy to do that to!
I wouldn't look too far into this...it doesn't bother me if they didn't think of the last 3 games and concentrated on the Tigers...nice win CATS
I'm just going to say that it's easy to make something look bad when taken out of context. Who knows what he said after that? They may have asked if it affected his play or the team's confidence. We don't know. Fact is GKS simply put a negative spin on what he said for his own good.

I could easily post positive comments made by players that were taken out of context for my own good, but it's pointless and proves nothing when you have no link to back it up and nobody else heard it.

And Tidehoss, Thomas had several other big schools looking at him including Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and West Virginia.

I admit he hasn't panned out like he should have but he's lucky to even be playing after having a tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from his body before last season. He's had a difficult time putting the weight back on since then.

I don't want to sound like Thomas is my favorite player or anything because he is far from it, but I know he tries his best regardless when he is in the game.

He doesn't score a lot but he seldom hurts the team on the defensive end and has a very good Assist/Turnover ratio in SEC play.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Folks, that's what happens when you put jersey's with KENTUCKY on the front on these kids that aren't from Kentucky. They just don't care or play with the passion needed. Thank GOD Sheray is a senior and will be gone soon.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief I heard him say that......simply amazing.

If you want to make a team of all KY kids, then I'm sorry to say UK won't lose 10 games each year. They wouldn't win 10 games each year. Yeah Lofton is one that everybody, even some guy named Pitino misjudged. But if you think year in year out this state is going to produce enough guys to propel UK to national titles. Well, I admire your loyalty to the state of KY. But I don't want you as a recruiting coordinator.
FBALL Wrote:If you want to make a team of all KY kids, then I'm sorry to say UK won't lose 10 games each year. They wouldn't win 10 games each year. Yeah Lofton is one that everybody, even some guy named Pitino misjudged. But if you think year in year out this state is going to produce enough guys to propel UK to national titles. Well, I admire your loyalty to the state of KY. But I don't want you as a recruiting coordinator.
AMEN!!!
TennisCAT23 Wrote:AMEN!!!

:thumpsup:
alfus21 Wrote:I'm just going to say that it's easy to make something look bad when taken out of context. Who knows what he said after that? They may have asked if it affected his play or the team's confidence. We don't know. Fact is GKS simply put a negative spin on what he said for his own good.

I could easily post positive comments made by players that were taken out of context for my own good, but it's pointless and proves nothing when you have no link to back it up and nobody else heard it.

And Tidehoss, Thomas had several other big schools looking at him including Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and West Virginia.

I admit he hasn't panned out like he should have but he's lucky to even be playing after having a tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from his body before last season. He's had a difficult time putting the weight back on since then.

I don't want to sound like Thomas is my favorite player or anything because he is far from it, but I know he tries his best regardless when he is in the game.

He doesn't score a lot but he seldom hurts the team on the defensive end and has a very good Assist/Turnover ratio in SEC play.

Well I have been following your post on all of these threads dogging UK,and I would just like to say that you are a die hard Big Blue Fan that sticks with his team through thick and then...and you know your stuff too....so im just saying thnx for sticking with UK and Tubby.
He Got Game Wrote:Well I have been following your post on all of these threads dogging UK,and I would just like to say that you are a die hard Big Blue Fan that sticks with his team through thick and then...and you know your stuff too....so im just saying thnx for sticking with UK and Tubby.

Thanks HGG. I appreciate it. :thumpsup:
FBALL Wrote:If you want to make a team of all KY kids, then I'm sorry to say UK won't lose 10 games each year. They wouldn't win 10 games each year. Yeah Lofton is one that everybody, even some guy named Pitino misjudged. But if you think year in year out this state is going to produce enough guys to propel UK to national titles. Well, I admire your loyalty to the state of KY. But I don't want you as a recruiting coordinator.
The Kentucky - Indiana series proves that. There is not enough talent in Kentucky. UK has to go nationwide to get worthy players. I'd just like to see some shooters.
The Kentucky - Indiana high school series each year is the one I'm talking about.
He Got Game Wrote:Well I have been following your post on all of these threads dogging UK,and I would just like to say that you are a die hard Big Blue Fan that sticks with his team through thick and then...and you know your stuff too....so im just saying thnx for sticking with UK and Tubby.
And you heard it here folks, Mr. Tubby Smith himself!:notworthy
I thought that was Saul, Playboy5. Smile
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:I thought that was Saul, Playboy5. Smile

Way to ignore that the last several posts have been against you and good job disputing them by making fun of a member's post.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm just going to say that it's easy to make something look bad when taken out of context. Who knows what he said after that?

Taken out of context?? Not a chance. I heard it straight from the horse's mouth. A direct question from Cutler and a direct answer from Thomas. Yes, he did say something else after the comment. He said he'd been booed and he'd been cheered while playing at UK. He then went on to make another comment about his basketball career, but honestly I can't remember exactly what he said. I was so 'stunned' at his "it really doesn't bother me" remark I about fell out of the chair.

It's going to be interesting to see how Thomas is greeted on Senior Day. I can't ever remember a UK player being booed (a hope I never do either). If there's loud cheers for Thomas, it'll be because everyone will be happy he's finally outta here. Certainly not the most liked UK player ever to wear the blue and white.
I know he had pretty big trouble medically-----and a tough time recuperating. Honestly don't think he's been the same since.----but he is also not very intense.