Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorites for 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the respective favorites in 2017, talking about all three 8th grade divisions and the 7th grade.
I think its too early to name favorite but id say any team that made a run in 7th grade playoffs last year is always set up nice for 8th grade run.

I think your traditional powers are going to still be tough and you never know what youll get coming out of JCPS.
Ahhhhh is it that time already?

My favorite question this time of year is what new team(s) is going to show up to the party this year?
It's getting pretty close!! Few more weeks of school left, once summer break starts time flies till practice starts.
I think the real question should be:

Which teams will drop out or re-enter the association due to having a bad/good team?
When does everyone start workouts/practice? 7 on 7 is coming up on us quick.
JCPS has been practicing since before spring break. We do a flag football league across the city so it helps. Flag ends next week so we will jump right into the 7on7 schedule.

The first tourney around Louisville is the Derby City 7on7 @ Westport on May 20th.
How did that Newburg team who won it all in 8th, do in 7th the year before? That team was fun to watch. Had some hitters.
Cant say how the kids who won it this past season as 8th graders did as 7th graders because Newburg just started having a JV team (6th/7th graders) this past season. Now Newburg had a strong JV team this past season. So id look for them to be strong again.
I would say that Newburg would be one of the top returning 8th grade teams this year regardless of class along with Ashland, Johnson County, & Corbin. Those were clearly the best 7th grade teams Northern played last year.....back-to-back-to-back-to-back in the playoffs.
That 7th (will be 8th) grade running back for Newburg this past season was a stud.