Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why not run a 4 guard lineup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At least experiment with it. Villinova was successful with it a couple of years ago..

Bradley
Meeks
Jasper
Crawford
Morris

That to me seems like the best lineup for the cats..
He only does that when the Cats need to make a run.Im all for that TorQQe.They need to be quicker.
A 4 guard lineup? What? And not have Perry and Thomas on the floor at the same time? C'mon man, what are you smoking? lol
Yea Perry and Thomas,,,their names alone put fear in other teams.Come on Tidehoss32 there is no Doubt the last month when they get behind he goes with morris and four guards and I guarantee you their biggest runs came with this lineup.I like my big guys too but like quickness better.
Looks like a great lineup to me!
my post was a sarcastic remark to Tubby playing them till the soles of their shoes wear out...for whatever reason, lol
Old school Dawg Wrote:Yea Perry and Thomas,,,their names alone put fear in other teams.Come on Tidehoss32 there is no Doubt the last month when they get behind he goes with morris and four guards and I guarantee you their biggest runs came with this lineup.I like my big guys too but like quickness better.
Well if you think about it, the guards are pretty big themselves, look at Jasper and Crawford, they could also play a little forward if they wanted. This might actually work if Tubby would try it.
I agree Stats, Meeks is a beast (probably the strongest player on the whole team), and Jasper is a legit 6'6.
-STATS- Wrote:Well if you think about it, the guards are pretty big themselves, look at Jasper and Crawford, they could also play a little forward if they wanted. This might actually work if Tubby would try it.

key.. IF he would try it
I think Jasper is the best all around player, with Meeks not far behind
Meeks has the better shot, but Jasper better handles. For such a big guy, this is great!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:A 4 guard lineup? What? And not have Perry and Thomas on the floor at the same time? C'mon man, what are you smoking? lol

Dad gum it TidesHoss....you beat me to it. When reading the topic, I was wondering if QQ has been grazing in the weed patch again. Just where on earth does he think SHEE-ray's and Bobby's minutes are going to come from?? Smile
I like the idea of the 4 guard lineup.... Here is another one for thought.....
Morris ©
Orbzut (4) He might at least accidentally get a rebound
Meeks (3)
Bradley (2)
Jasper (1)

That would leave Crawford to spell the 1, 2, 0r 3 spots.

I am also a little disappointed that Porter is playing so little. I know d with him is questionable. But he can handle and shoot. Also Stephenson needs to play more...he is a f and needs the experience. Thomas is a senior (he's not going to get any better)---and PLEASE don't even say the word PERRY to me.
Just heard on the radio........Tubby will resign effective immediately..........Joe B. Hall to finish out the year......

NOT!!!!!!!! But the title got your hopes up didn't it??????????????:dontthink
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Just heard on the radio........Tubby will resign effective immediately..........Joe B. Hall to finish out the year......

Well I read the first of it, then seen the Joe B. Hall part and then knew.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Just heard on the radio........Tubby will resign effective immediately..........Joe B. Hall to finish out the year......

I was excited for .2 seconds

shew thats dirty i was about to yell for joy.... thanx for adding to my depression lol
I havn't liked Derrick Jasper's play all season. He dosn't try to create any kind of offense for himself. Whats the point of even playing him if he dosn't come up on the offensive end. He needs to drive more and maybe kick it out if he cannot draw the foul or somthing, and shoot the ball more. He has had plenty of chances to shoot the ball and ends up making the team overpass which leads to a turnover.
I agree. Jasper is no threat when he is on the floor. If you play 4 guards, then they had better be able to keep their man in front of them. Morris gets into foul trouble because he is always helping the guards who get beat off the dribble. I'd start Morris,Orbzut,Crawford,Bradley, and Meeks. Use Jasper in limited minutes for relief. Porter can shoot, but quick guards take the ball from him too much.
Statmaster Wrote:I agree. Jasper is no threat when he is on the floor. If you play 4 guards, then they had better be able to keep their man in front of them. Morris gets into foul trouble because he is always helping the guards who get beat off the dribble. I'd start Morris,Orbzut,Crawford,Bradley, and Meeks. Use Jasper in limited minutes for relief. Porter can shoot, but quick guards take the ball from him too much.

That lineup you suggest is a good one----after thinking about it it is better than the one I first suggested. I think Stevenson needs more PT too, but not starting.

I think Perry and Thomas should be about the 4th/5th players coming off the bench.
Try this one-
C-Morris(lol or Orbzut)
Pf-Stevenson(lol only other ones u have are Perry and Thomas)
Sf-Jasper(His size would be better suited here. Make him attack the basket!)
Sg-Meeks(I drather have him than Bradley on the floor)
Pg-Porter(some one needs to shoot)
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Try this one-
C-Morris(lol or Orbzut)
Pf-Stevenson(lol only other ones u have are Perry and Thomas)
Sf-Jasper(His size would be better suited here. Make him attack the basket!)
Sg-Meeks(I drather have him than Bradley on the floor)
Pg-Porter(some one needs to shoot)
This one is silly. Everybody would double Morris. Meeks would then be the only one who could score. Jasper hurts Uk because he is not a threat. Opponents sag off of him.
Statmaster Wrote:I agree. Jasper is no threat when he is on the floor. If you play 4 guards, then they had better be able to keep their man in front of them. Morris gets into foul trouble because he is always helping the guards who get beat off the dribble. I'd start Morris,Orbzut,Crawford,Bradley, and Meeks. Use Jasper in limited minutes for relief. Porter can shoot, but quick guards take the ball from him too much.

No way i would start Woo. He is garbage.
I said this lineup in a previous thread! I Def. say a 4 guard lineup!
Statmaster Wrote:This one is silly. Everybody would double Morris. Meeks would then be the only one who could score. Jasper hurts Uk because he is not a threat. Opponents sag off of him.

Well there doing so googd right now with the lineups there playing with so lets not just change nothing. Rolleyes