Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alabama 72 Kentucky 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You're not going to get me to give a pro Tubby argument after this game. I'm absolutely disgusted right now.

Tubby coached awful.
Players played awful.

Unless Tubby can pull an absolute miracle this season and do something special I might think it's time for him to step aside and let someone else take over the program.

I still support this current team and would love to see them turn it around, but right now it doesn't look promising.

Kentucky had the better talent on the floor today in my opinion but just got outcoached and outplayed.

Simple as that.

So don't expect me to argue for Tubby right now, because it aint happening.
exaclty what i was thinking, this kills me. They are horrible now. I thought this season was goin to be better, but then again i guess i was wrong. So maybe next year kentucky's players will have a new coach and be more exciting to watch but right now i cant stand to watch them.
Super_de Wrote:exaclty what i was thinking, this kills me. They are horrible now. I thought this season was goin to be better, but then again i guess i was wrong. So maybe next year kentucky's players will have a new coach and be more exciting to watch but right now i cant stand to watch them.

This season is "slightly" better than last season but that's it. All that separates the two are the 30 point losses from last season. Hopefully this team can prove its worth in the tournaments unlike last year, but right now I don't know.
alfus21 Wrote:You're not going to get me to give a pro Tubby argument after this game. I'm absolutely disgusted right now.

Tubby coached awful.
Players played awful.

Unless Tubby can pull an absolute miracle this season and do something special I might think it's time for him to step aside and let someone else take over the program.

I still support this current team and would love to see them turn it around, but right now it doesn't look promising.

Kentucky had the better talent on the floor today in my opinion but just got outcoached and outplayed.

Simple as that.

Glad to see you coming around Alfus. Remember the first step is admitting you have a problem. lol
As i said in a previous thread John Pelphrey needs some consideration....he has taken South Alabama on the verge of the longest winning streak in school history and with the Fla. loss the second longest in the country...He took a last place team in the sunbelt and turned them into the elite team in the league...I also think he would get the players that wouldn't play for themselves but the name on the jersey...He's a Ky guy and he is used to winning....BUT PLEASE IT COULD BE NED FREAKIN PILLERSDORF JUST GET RID OF TUBBY
Armchair QB Wrote:Glad to see you coming around Alfus. Remember the first step is admitting you have a problem. lol

It's not that I think this was that bad of a loss but the fact that I know Kentucky is better talent wise than Bama.

Tubby done some questionable things today and the players aren't responding to whatever he is doing in practice.

Either way I still support Kentucky and whoever the coach is, but it's frustrating right now.
alfus21 Wrote:You're not going to get me to give a pro Tubby argument after this game. I'm absolutely disgusted right now.

Tubby coached awful.
Players played awful.

Simple as that.

Couldnt have said it better myself.
And congrats to BAMA.

Tubby coached awful.
Players played awful.

Simple as that.

:Thumbs:
I think what bothers us is Kentucky,s players never get fired up.Sheray Thomas is a poster child for mono.He is the laziest acting player I ever saw.I think the whole team sucks!!I will stick with my Mountaineers.I mean I love the Cats but not these cats.
The cats could lose out the rest of the season and then lose the first game of the sec tournament and miss the ncaa tournament.On cats pause they said thats the only way the cats would miss the dance.Vanderbilt is a game this bunch aint got a chance in Hell of winning.
Armchair QB Wrote:Glad to see you coming around Alfus. Remember the first step is admitting you have a problem. lol

I would have never believed it unless I read it with my own eyes....
:igiveup:

Everyone comes around sooner or later. A person can take only so much punishment before they crack.....and Tubby can sure dish out the punishment - especially on True Blue UK fans. Look for other Tubby supporters to quickly abandon that sinking ship in Lexington.
I'm still here.
and speaking of that sinking ship in Lexington.........

[Image: UKBasketballunderOTS.jpg]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:and speaking of that sinking ship in Lexington.........

[Image: UKBasketballunderOTS.jpg]

:Clap:
I'll never abandon the sinking ship, and I would ride it to the bottom. I just hope they turn it around before it gets to that.

If not, then it might be somebody else's turn to take it over.
18 wins with a top ten in the nation schedule,,,aint no ship sinking.
Pull off those blue tint glasses, OSD, and see what the 'real world' is throwing at 'ya.
We really have a hard time playing 40 minutes of basketball. We play about 10 minutes a game and pull so tantilizingly close, but then we quit again. I know we have talent on this team. KNOW we do. We have the capabilities of beating ANY team in the country. We just dont. And it is very frustrating. All is not lost this season however. Let it play out folks. I am as disgruntled about this as anybody, but i will reserve judgement until the end of the year...
alfus21 Wrote:I'll never abandon the sinking ship, and I would ride it to the bottom. I just hope they turn it around before it gets to that.

If not, then it might be somebody else's turn to take it over.

Ill be staying with my Cats, but they have begun to chip away at the ice berg, and I dont want to go down!
OSD...Keep in mind that 11 of those wins came against Miami of Ohio, Mississippi Valley State, College of Charleston, Chattanooga, Santa Clara, Massachusetts, Eastern Kentucky, Houston and 2 over a somewhat average South Carolina team and a weak Auburn team. Now tell me who've they've beaten when playing the "big boy's"? UCLA? Nope.....North Carolina? Nope.....Florida? Nope.....Memphis? No also. You'd better break out the poncho and whittle you some oars, ODS, it's beginning to rain.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:OSD...Keep in mind that 11 of those wins came against Miami of Ohio, Mississippi Valley State, College of Charleston, Chattanooga, Santa Clara, Massachusetts, Eastern Kentucky, Houston and 2 over a somewhat average South Carolina team and a weak Auburn team. Now tell me who've they've beaten when playing the "big boy's"? UCLA? Nope.....North Carolina? Nope.....Florida? Nope.....Memphis? No also. You'd better break out the poncho and whittle you some oars, ODS, it's beginning to rain.

Some of those wins are pretty weak, but UMASS and Santa Clara aren't bad wins. Both teams are 18-7 and looking to be the favorites in the conferences.

The Ole Miss and Indiana wins are the other two decent wins, but I agree they've not beaten a big name team this year and that's frustrating.
Panther Thunder Wrote:As i said in a previous thread John Pelphrey needs some consideration....he has taken South Alabama on the verge of the longest winning streak in school history and with the Fla. loss the second longest in the country...He took a last place team in the sunbelt and turned them into the elite team in the league...I also think he would get the players that wouldn't play for themselves but the name on the jersey...He's a Ky guy and he is used to winning....BUT PLEASE IT COULD BE NED FREAKIN PILLERSDORF JUST GET RID OF TUBBY

I agree with you 100%, but I won't go that far!! lol:lmao:
FBALL Wrote:I'm still here.

Bless you!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:18 wins with a top ten in the nation schedule,,,aint no ship sinking.

:dontthink Tubby keeps getting out recruited, out coached, and the program as a whole is a sinking ship IMO as long as he remains there! Geez, Joe Hall's longevity is better than having Tubby! But please, get us a good recruiting coach and a more hyped up offense.
corndog23 Wrote:We really have a hard time playing 40 minutes of basketball. We play about 10 minutes a game and pull so tantilizingly close, but then we quit again. I know we have talent on this team. KNOW we do. We have the capabilities of beating ANY team in the country. We just dont. And it is very frustrating. All is not lost this season however. Let it play out folks. I am as disgruntled about this as anybody, but i will reserve judgement until the end of the year...

I'm glad you are optimistic, but don't look for the Cats to make much noise at the big dance!! (It is getting a little predictable).
Looks like another early 2nd round exit for Tubby. I'm hoping for a complete exit from Lexington for Tub after the season's over.
well, ill go ahead and brag..I picked Bama to win this game 72-61, and they won by that same score..Everybody mail me $50 and Ill give you the winning lottery numbers..anyways, the two best teams in the SEC played today, and Vandy won that matchup. Kentucky is going nowhere fast. They WILL lose in Nashville and Gainesville, and will end up 9-7 in the conference (again), and will lose 10 regular season games, get knocked out second round conference tourney, and get bounced early in the NCAA tourney. UK will end up 22-12. Typical Tubby season. After watching another agonizing display of basketball and coaching today, Barnhardt or SOMEBODY had better do something about this because Tubby is making it very easy for people to forget Eddie Sutton. Kentucky is soft. They are lazy. They used to be bullies. Now they ARE THE BULLIED. They cant shoot. They are possibly the 5th best team in the conference right now. And for those that argue that Tubby didnt win it in '98 with his players...THIS IS WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS OWN PLAYERS. And save yourself the 2003 and 2005 talk, they did get beat by UAB. I just have a hard time watching a team play soft. I hate losing, but when you play so soft, get bullied like they have been, its disgusting.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well, ill go ahead and brag..I picked Bama to win this game 72-61, and they won by that same score..Everybody mail me $50 and Ill give you the winning lottery numbers..anyways, the two best teams in the SEC played today, and Vandy won that matchup. Kentucky is going nowhere fast. They WILL lose in Nashville and Gainesville, and will end up 9-7 in the conference (again), and will lose 10 regular season games, get knocked out second round conference tourney, and get bounced early in the NCAA tourney. UK will end up 22-12. Typical Tubby season. After watching another agonizing display of basketball and coaching today, Barnhardt or SOMEBODY had better do something about this because Tubby is making it very easy for people to forget Eddie Sutton. Kentucky is soft. They are lazy. They used to be bullies. Now they ARE THE BULLIED. They cant shoot. They are possibly the 5th best team in the conference right now. And for those that argue that Tubby didnt win it in '98 with his players...THIS IS WHAT HE DOES WITH HIS OWN PLAYERS. And save yourself the 2003 and 2005 talk, they did get beat by UAB. I just have a hard time watching a team play soft. I hate losing, but when you play so soft, get bullied like they have been, its disgusting.

I completely agree! BTW my $50 should be arriving in the mail soon:Clap:
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:OSD...Keep in mind that 11 of those wins came against Miami of Ohio, Mississippi Valley State, College of Charleston, Chattanooga, Santa Clara, Massachusetts, Eastern Kentucky, Houston and 2 over a somewhat average South Carolina team and a weak Auburn team. Now tell me who've they've beaten when playing the "big boy's"? UCLA? Nope.....North Carolina? Nope.....Florida? Nope.....Memphis? No also. You'd better break out the poncho and whittle you some oars, ODS, it's beginning to rain.
I know grassy its called sarcasm.The NCAA who ranks a team by strength of schedule would say 18 wins with the Cats schedule is pretty darn good but were all past that.We want a different brand of basketball and a different atmosphere cause right now it aint been this bad since the Cats got in trouble and were on probation.Thats the real world..kentucky basketball is boring and no fun!!
Pages: 1 2