Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I don't think we can beat Vandy this year!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Commodores are intense, talented and can play with heart.. They defend their home turf as well. They are also in the process of taking it to Florida at Vandy. If we lose to Vandy how many straight losses to Vandy will that be. I never thought I would see the day that Uk would be dominated by Vandy. :igiveup:
They're tough this season. Unless they have a meltdown it looks like they will beat Florida. We shouldn't have lost to them last season, but they are a legit tournament team this year so the loss at home is hurting less the more I watch them play.

However, I think Kentucky matches up well with them and has a great chance of winning on the road with revenge on their minds.

If they lose again that sucks, and I think it would be 4 straight losses to Vandy if it happened, but I don't think it will.
I also think it speaks volumes on the evolution of the college game and how it has evolved to become a more equal playing field. Teams that used to lose quite often are now on the same playing field as any other team in the country on any given night.

As I have said before, no team is feared in basketball in this day and age and it's asinine to think otherwise.
alfus21 Wrote:I also think it speaks volumes on the evolution of the college game and how it has evolved to become a more equal playing field. Teams that used to lose quite often are now on the same playing field as any other team in the country on any given night.

As I have said before, no team is feared in basketball in this day and age and it's asinine to think otherwise.

Theres no doubt that.. There is more balance in todays game.. eg..VT sweeping NC... Marshall beat VT..Duke falling out of top 25..

What scares me though is we are not a very balanced team considering we haven't beat ranked opponent this year. If we were balanced we would be about 3-3 against ranked opponents. Hopefully, we can take it to Alabama and Vandy and get our ranked wins this year. Most likely Vandy will be ranked again when we go to Vandy. I have always hated finger pointing during tough times. But eventually someone is going to have to take the blame if we continue to lose to ranked opponents. Who do you blame though? You can't blame the players..
I hope UK wins at Vandy...but playing there is a tough thing. Even when Vandy is down (which is not this year) UK has a hard time winning there....Don't expect it....
Hell we cant beat anyone!!!!!!!!
Batpuff Wrote:Hell we cant beat anyone!!!!!!!!

:Clap: True
Batpuff Wrote:Hell we cant beat anyone!!!!!!!!

Starting to look like it.
Alfus the way things look right now I would bet the farm the cats dont beat Vanderbilt.They aint got a chancein Hell of beating them on the road.NO WAY wont even be close
Cats couldnt win in Morehead.I said that earlier this year and was blasted!!
Even when we do win it isnt any fun to watch!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Cats couldnt win in Morehead.I said that earlier this year and was blasted!!

And you would still get blasted. It's one thing to be upset but that really is a joke of a statement.
Alfus I dont think it is.How about this,,could the cats win in Huntington against Marshall?
Could the cats lose to eku in Richmond?Hell yes they had a rough time in Rupp!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Alfus I dont think it is.How about this,,could the cats win in Huntington against Marshall?

Yes.

Old school Dawg Wrote:Could the cats lose to eku in Richmond?Hell yes they had a rough time in Rupp!!

No.

Man this is like saying Indiana and all the teams UK has beat would lose to these teams and that Florida and Tennessee would have a hard time with him. UK is struggling but they still have 18 wins and don't have any bad losses except the Georgia loss.
Alfus after Chamanade"sp" beat a ralph Samson led virginia team I know any body can get beat in college basketball
Old school Dawg Wrote:Alfus after Chamanade"sp" beat a ralph Samson led virginia team I know any body can get beat in college basketball

I know that too, and I preach parity on a daily basis especially after Oral Roberts beat Kansas earlier this season.

That's why I believe no teams are feared in the game of college basketball anymore.
alfus21 Wrote:Yes.

No.

Man this is like saying Indiana and all the teams UK has beat would lose to these teams and that Florida and Tennessee would have a hard time with him. UK is struggling but they still have 18 wins and don't have any bad losses except the Georgia loss.
Okay Alfus Your back my man!!!I still think only a great caoch could win with this group.I just knew it wouldnt take much to get you back on the defensive for the cats.
alfus21 Wrote:I know that too, and I preach parity on a daily basis especially after Oral Roberts beat Kansas earlier this season.

That's why I believe no teams are feared in the game of college basketball anymore.
Except UK losing in Morehead?
Old school Dawg Wrote:Except UK losing in Morehead?

Oral Roberts isn't awful all things considered and can win their division easily. Morehead is awful and would likely get blown away by Oral Roberts. So I still think Kentucky would be alright against them Smile.
On cats pause they said the only way the Cats could miss the big dance would ne lose 4 out of the last five and the first game of the sec touney.As far as the tourney it would be better to ranked 4th instead of 3rd,,that way u dont face Florida till the finals?
I have an idea for Kentucky...ask Vandy to play with four players..maybe if UK was playing 5 on 4, the physical factor would be even. UK might be able to fight 4 players. Doubt it though.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I have an idea for Kentucky...ask Vandy to play with four players..maybe if UK was playing 5 on 4, the physical factor would be even. UK might be able to fight 4 players. Doubt it though.
:thatsfunn