Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Offer the Ky job to Coach Beilein
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What if Kentucky got someone like Beilein to coach the Cats.A offense that shoots the three or looks for backdoor layups.A very sharp looking offense.He recruits basketball players.They dont look for 7 footers.They would rather have a team of 6-5 6-6 6-7 type players who can shoot and handle the ball and be able to shoot free throws.
You just made a big mistake man. Alfus and Super_de are gonna jump all over you for this one.
Nope Redneck..He would be fine for the job when Tubby is ready to leave.

But I honestly think Kentucky would go after someone else. Maybe a bigger name at first.
Be very interesting to see who Kentucky will go for once tubby is gone.
If Tubby were to leave my list would go as follows......

1. Billy Donavan Florida
2. John Pelphrey South Alabama
3. Mark Few Gonzaga
4. Billy Gillespe Texas A&M
5. Thad Matta Ohio St.
6. Jay Wright Villanova
7. Tom Crean Marquette
8. Travis Ford UMASS
9. Lorenzo Romar Washington
10. Rick Barnes Texas
Next Best
John Belien West Virginia
John Calapari Memphis
Guy at Washington St.
Darrin Horn Western Kentucky
Sean Sutton Oklahoma St.
mcfan1 Wrote:If Tubby were to leave my list would go as follows......

1. Billy Donavan Florida
3. Mark Few Gonzaga
5. Thad Matta Ohio St.
6. Jay Wright Villanova
7. Tom Crean Marquette
8. Travis Ford UMASS
10. Rick Barnes Texas
Next Best
John Calapari Memphis
Guy at Washington St.
Sean Sutton Oklahoma St.

Looks alright, minus everybody but Beilein on your next best list. I think your top 10 looks pretty good though.
alfus21 Wrote:Nope Redneck..He would be fine for the job when Tubby is ready to leave.

But I honestly think Kentucky would go after someone else. Maybe a bigger name at first.
Forget the BIG NAME go after a players coach.Beilein is great!!!
I will say this for Alfus again,,only a great coach could win with the 12 the cats put on the floor,,but Tubby brought them there.Im not one of the get rid of tubby gang.Those people, or should I say some of them were Pitino lovers and that style and nobody would satisfy them.Pitino was one of the top reasons Kentucky went after Tubby.Donovan is a better recriuter but I think he might bend the rules just a little.I wouldn,t be surprised in the end of time if The good Lord doesnt say that Tubby was as good as a christian that ever coached.Being a good man to me sure beats the heck out of that lying foul mouthed Pitino.
Bobby Knight's got my vote.
Redneck you like rednecks dont ya,,hehe Bobby Knight is a great coach,,,if you go by wins he is the greatest!!
Travis Ford did a good job with EKU's program. He might not be exactly what you call Kentucky head coach material, but it'd be nice to see him on the sidelines helping with our boys.
What about Pat Riley????
Old school Dawg Wrote:Redneck you like rednecks dont ya,,hehe Bobby Knight is a great coach,,,if you go by wins he is the greatest!!

I love Bobby Knight, I'da give my left 'caugh caugh' to have been able to go on and play for him outta high school.
[QUOTE=Redneck]I love Bobby Knight, I'da give my left 'caugh caugh' to have been able to go on and play for him outta high school.[/QUOTE
I agree. I don't think there is enough money to bring Donovan here and who could blame him! He is building a dynasty at Florida, and a big plus..IT IS IN FLORIDA! Belien at WV is a GREAT COACH and me and my brother was talking about him before this post! I like Few and always have. UK fans would love his tempo and well you see what he actually does with the talent that he gets every year!
mcfan1 Wrote:If Tubby were to leave my list would go as follows......

1. Billy Donavan Florida
3. Mark Few Gonzaga
5. Thad Matta Ohio St.
6. Jay Wright Villanova
7. Tom Crean Marquette
8. Travis Ford UMASS
10. Rick Barnes Texas
Next Best
John Calapari Memphis
Guy at Washington St.
Sean Sutton Oklahoma St.

Very good list you have done your homework on this list. But I would have to add Tom Izzo from Michigan State to the main top of that list. But thats just me, he would be an excellent fit for UK as all of these coaches would. Izzo even said if he ever left MSU that he would love to have the UK job a few years back.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:[QUOTE=Redneck]I love Bobby Knight, I'da give my left 'caugh caugh' to have been able to go on and play for him outta high school.[/QUOTE
I agree. I don't think there is enough money to bring Donovan here and who could blame him! He is building a dynasty at Florida, and a big plus..IT IS IN FLORIDA! Belien at WV is a GREAT COACH and me and my brother was talking about him before this post! I like Few and always have. UK fans would love his tempo and well you see what he actually does with the talent that he gets every year!

Totally agree about Donavan, he has a special thing brewing in Gainesville and he would have to be crazy to leave. And Beilein would also be a great fit for UK. Although you can tell hes an offensively minded coach, he can still put a tough defense on ya.
John Pelphrey
i think bobby knight would be the best coach for this kentucky team right now because they play lazy sometimes, and if they played lazy for bobby knight then they would get woke up very quickly
Bobby Knight would kick some fans butts.I couldnt resist!!
Imagine having Rupp and Knight coaching together coaching and being a player! I would run through a wall for either one of them because they are the type of coaches that if I was a basketball player, that I would like to play for!
You people are ridiculous. Bobby Knight is like 90 years old. Why in the world would you want him. He's done nothing at Texas Tech and hasn't done anything in years before that anyways.
Disco Stu Wrote:You people are ridiculous. Bobby Knight is like 90 years old. Why in the world would you want him. He's done nothing at Texas Tech and hasn't done anything in years before that anyways.

How many vistories does he have, hmmmm????

Texas Tech isn't a tradition rich school like UK, Knight has turned that program around compared to what it was.
My vote goes to Bobby Knight. Need someone like him to get these so called players UK has right now to play the game the right way. Donovan would be awful as coach of UK. He runs the score up on people and Florida has the weakest schedule i have ever seen a defending national champ have, and i would love to play against Noah one time just to bust his big mouth and break his arms so he cant do that little drum thing he does with his hands. Tubby is doing as good as he can right now with a bunch of players that act like they dont even want to play. Morris at times acts like his head is somewhere else, perhaps the NBA; Bradley hasnt been shooting free throws very good at all, Crawford is a joke, one game he plays his *** off, next game he doesnt do anything, reminds me of Bogans, streaky players, and inconsistent as hell, and would someone please help me send Boby Perry to Duke where he belongs, he hasnt done anything all year, a couple of decent games but thats it. The only players i see doing anything productive right now is Jasper, if he would only learn to shoot more or take it to the basket more. Thomas has been playing decent off the bench. Like I said before, Tubby is doing what he can with what he has to work with, and this is coming from someone who has bashed him in the past. I realize its not his fault, although he could do better at recruiting like Old School Dawg mentioned. Give up on these 7 footers and go for shooters.
Is your head in your *** Redneck, Bobby Knight has won i think 3 championships with Indiana and has done a great job with a Texas Tech team that hadnt done much of anything before Knight got there. He has had them in the tournament every year i believe and won 20 or more games each season he has been there. Oh and he is the winningest coach in college basketball. I think he would do a great job at UK.
This is just something I heard, and it's been a few years since I've heard it, so I'm sure it has changed quite a bit. But I heard that whenever Smith leaves or is shown the door, Billy Donovan would be the next Head Basketball Coach at UK. Of course, this was before Florida developed into a powerhouse, so it may not have much validity. But I could see a guy like John Calipari, or a Mark Few coming to Lexington as well. But unless Tubby makes some changes, and makes them quick, I guess all we can do is create posts like these.
If you guys want to discuss replacements at least have some common sense. Kentucky would need to hire a long term coach and Bobby Knight isn't that. I agree he's great but c'mon. We might as well look at John Chaney as well since you guys are serious about a 2-3 year coach that won't have time to do anything.
Disco Stu Wrote:You people are ridiculous. Bobby Knight is like 90 years old. Why in the world would you want him. He's done nothing at Texas Tech and hasn't done anything in years before that anyways.
We are sorry sir. If there is anything we can do for you great one please let us know as you are the BRAIN of Knowledge! Like we care what you say bro! Bobby Knight or Tubby..Hmmm.Bobby Knight..Why? Because I want too pick him since this is an opiniated website! .Oh yeah...:moon:
Bobby Knight has done great at texas tech,,no coach ever won more
John Calipari does not have the character to be at the helm of the roman empire of college basketball.
yeah genius, you must have missed the whole "coach with the most wins" thing..oh, and that he's won three national championships...oh and he coached the last undefeated national championship team...oh and he coached the '84 Olympic team to a gold medal (with college players)..oh and he's never had a team on probation.....yeah your right, he's not done anything....no he probably wouldnt be a good fit for UK right now, I would have loved to have seen him take over for Rupp in '72 and seen just what he could have done in Lexington for his career...but that last sentence might be the most idiotic, stupid, and flat out the most incredible lapse of intelligence known to man.
Pages: 1 2