Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville 66 Pitt 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big win for The cards.
WOW...Was this tonight? VERY VERY Shocked at this outcome! Congrats CARDS!
Great win for the Cards. Pitt played the worst game I've seen any ranked team play this season. They couldn't even make lay-ups. 3 point shooting was awful, and Louisville was hacking all night and nothing was called.

First time Louisville has beaten a ranked team since March of 2004 in the tournament.

Either way it helps UK's RPI
Great win for Pitino. Wonder when Tubby will ever beat a ranked team this season?
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Great win for Pitino. Wonder when Tubby will ever beat a ranked team this season?

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn Yeah Pitino is really lighting it up since 2004. 1 win over a ranked team. Kentucky beat a team that is currently ranked by the way (Indiana)
Indiana wasn't ranked when they played.
Hence, why I said "currently ranked".

I guess beating 1 ranked team in a 3 year span brings out the best in Pitino lovers. I didn't realize doing that and going to an NIT last season was better than what is happening at Kentucky. Plus the 3 straight wins over Pitino. 2 being on the road.
Kentucky beat Louisville, didn't they.......Enough said!LOL
But as far as the game went, I was extremely impressed with Louisville on both ends of the court tonight. On offense I liked the way the Cards spred the floor and set ball screens, I also liked how they penitrated and dished, and hit the shot. David Padgett had the best game he has ever had IMO, he really made shots when needed and took it to Aaron Gray. On defense Louisvilles fullcourt traps and tough matchup halfcourt zone killed Pitt, no way the Panthers are a top 5 team basing it on this performance.
The last time Kentucky went through the entire season without beating a ranked team was 1989...EDDIE SUTTON'S last year. Anyone see the similarities here? Let's just hope this is Tubby's last one too.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:The last time Kentucky went through the entire season without beating a ranked team was 1989...EDDIE SUTTON'S last year. Anyone see the similarities here? Let's just hope this is Tubby's last one too.

Wrong again. Eddie Sutton defeated #17 Tennessee that season by 1 point. Call me crazy, but I think Sutton went 13-19 that season as well. Doesn't seem too familiar to me.
This win couldn't hurt the cards chances in being in the field of 65. I bleed blue and hate Louisville but I like seeing as many Kentucky teams in the big dance as possible. It makes it more fun for me.

How many Kentucky schools do you guys predict will be in the NCAA tourney this year??
Congrats UL
This was huge for us... I think if we beat Marquette Sat. we will be a no doubter for the tourney.. but I don't think we are a bubble team anymore
Congrats Louisville.
cardinalfan27 Wrote:This was huge for us... I think if we beat Marquette Sat. we will be a no doubter for the tourney.. but I don't think we are a bubble team anymore

If Louisville beats Marquette they won't be a bubble team, but I honestly think they are still walking that fine line between in and bubble team. As long as they win the games they are supposed to they will be in, but if they lose to Marquette and another team such as UCONN and then don't go to the BigLeast Tournament finals it will be interesting.

Louisville's RPI is still 56 but their SOS moved up to 29 after tonight's game. The two losses to A10 teams will be carefully examined come committee time.
Congrats Louisville
This win will help to ensure the Cardinals post season chances.I don't think anyone could have beaten them last night!!! They just simply outplayed the Panthers on both sides of the ball.I think they are starting to come together as a team and do something they have not been able to do and that is find the open man!!!I'm going on record right now and stating that they will win the Big East Conference and will be a tough out in the Big Dance come March!!!
Biggest win for the cards in a long time,,,way to go Cards!!