Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 64 Kentucky 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Was about to post that. Great game though. Thought the Cats was going to rally back and take the W.
did ne one else stomach drop when bradley shot that last one
Congrats Florida. This was a hard fought game, and I thought that UK was going to come back to win this one as well.
Man i really thought Bradleys last second shot was going to go in.
UK ended up shooting 3-21 from behind the arc. That is bad.
In my book Kentucky won this game, just think, we shoot 3-22 from three we hit a couple more key three's in the second half I think we would have won 8-10 point's, Bradley hits the other freethrow, we don't have to go for three. Oh and by the way all you Tubby hater's, he outcoached Billy D tonight.
For shooting as badly that they did from the 3point line and free throws, UK played solid. Rebounded well most of the time and played great defense. Excellent atmosphere, but just came up short. Need to pull it all next time against the Gators, just proved that they are beatable.
-STATS- Wrote:UK ended up shooting 3-21 from behind the arc. That is bad.

correction:HORRIBLE
People may say that UK didn't shoot that great, but Florida also had it's big 3 in foul trouble also. What's fair is fair! UK didn't deserve to win this game tonight! Congrats Florida!
mcfan1 Wrote:In my book Kentucky won this game, just think, we shoot 3-22 from three we hit a couple more key three's in the second half I think we would have won 8-10 point's, Bradley hits the other freethrow, we don't have to go for three. Oh and by the way all you Tubby hater's, he outcoached Billy D tonight.

I guess that is why Billy D won the game! :lmao:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:People may say that UK didn't shoot that great, but Florida also had it's big 3 in foul trouble also. What's fair is fair! UK didn't deserve to win this game tonight! Congrats Florida!
I agree, PLAYBOY5! Kentucky was HORRIBLE from behind the arc, and yes, if they had made more, they may have won. But what about Horford and Noah being in foul trouble all night. Noah is better than 6 points. And they were in that situation because of the Kentucky defense, but still, the offense wasn't able to pull it off. And they only had a few "open" looks from dowtown. Florida deserved to win this game. If you can't beat Florida with Joakim Noah and Al Horford out, you don't deserve to beat 'em. I guarantee this game won't even be close when it moves to Gainsville!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I agree, PLAYBOY5! Kentucky was HORRIBLE from behind the arc, and yes, if they had made more, they may have won. But what about Horford and Noah being in foul trouble all night. Noah is better than 6 points. And they were in that situation because of the Kentucky defense, but still, the offense wasn't able to pull it off. And they only had a few "open" looks from dowtown. Florida deserved to win this game. If you can't beat Florida with Joakim Noah and Al Horford out, you don't deserve to beat 'em. I guarantee this game won't even be close when it moves to Gainsville!

SOK, were u at? lol
BelfryJustice Wrote:I guess that is why Billy D won the game! :lmao:
It's fairly easy to win when your opponent shoots 3-22 from three, and what 12-22 at the line, Tubby made the proper adjustment's when needed, he had them attacking the basket at Horford and Noah, Kentucky did not lose this game because Tubby was outcoached, they lost bacause of poor shooting. And by the way, the better coach does not always win.
mcfan1 Wrote:It's fairly easy to win when your opponent shoots 3-22 from three, and what 12-22 at the line, Tubby made the proper adjustment's when needed, he had them attacking the basket at Horford and Noah, Kentucky did not lose this game because Tubby was outcoached, they lost bacause of poor shooting. And by the way, the better coach does not always win.

Nice post. For once Im going to stand up for Tubby. Tonight he did a great job.
mcfan1 Wrote:It's fairly easy to win when your opponent shoots 3-22 from three, and what 12-22 at the line, Tubby made the proper adjustment's when needed, he had them attacking the basket at Horford and Noah, Kentucky did not lose this game because Tubby was outcoached, they lost bacause of poor shooting. And by the way, the better coach does not always win.

Kentucky never had the lead in this game! I think Florida's D also had something to do with Kentucky's 3-22 from 3 point land. That also makes 5 in a row for the weaker coach. This is the first team to beat UK 5 in row since Tennessee in the 70's. UK is now 0-4 against ranked teams this year. It was a good game near the end.
cards_athlete Wrote:Nice post. For once Im going to stand up for Tubby. Tonight he did a great job.

He did coach a great game against a #1 team, but to say he was the best coach tonight is a little bold.
Wow... UK played really well on defense and played some smart basketball. Three pointers where not falling tonight, but I was real impressed by our play. Corey Brewer kept Florida in this game, he did everything down the stretch. Will Get 'em Next Time!
my stomach dropped on the 26 footer to make it a 3 point game if this game went to OT it was lights out for the gators. Horford would have probaly fouled out and we would have just pounded it down low on the bench payers down low and that would have been that. I also agree tubby was the better coach tonight he couldn't do anything about the shooting situation they made the shots at the end when it counted but just came up short, but at least we know what to work on for our trip to the swamp because next game is ours.
It sure is a shame that Brewer wanted to come to Kentucky and wasnt offered a scholarship. Thats the reason Im not a Tubby lover, besides tonight he did a good job.lol. But really disappoints me. Just imagine if we had Brewer and Lofton. Wow!
cards_athlete Wrote:It sure is a shame that Brewer wanted to come to Kentucky and wasnt offered a scholarship. Thats the reason Im not a Tubby lover, besides tonight he did a good job.lol. But really disappoints me. Just imagine if we had Brewer and Lofton. Wow!

Two very good points!

:Thumbs:
Billy D owns Tubby 5 in a row and soon to make it 6 when UK goes to Gainesville. I still get a big grin on my face every time I hear the Tubby supporters argue Tubby is the better coach. Instead of putting up foolish arguments, they'd better be concentrating on ways to encourage Billy D to come to Lexington and straighten out the mess that Tubby's created.
cards_athlete Wrote:It sure is a shame that Brewer wanted to come to Kentucky and wasnt offered a scholarship. Thats the reason Im not a Tubby lover, besides tonight he did a good job.lol. But really disappoints me. Just imagine if we had Brewer and Lofton. Wow!

Tubby wasn't goint to recruit Pettigrew until the media and fans starting getting on his case about it. The only contact they had with him until a few weeks ago was text messaging.....according to Pettigrew's coach.

Tub is clueless about recruiting talent....just look at Woo, SHEE-ray, and Bobby Perry.....and let's not forget Shag.
I think I shed a few tears when that last shot fell short.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I think I shed a few tears when that last shot fell short.

Same here! ='(
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Tub is clueless about recruiting talent....just look at Woo, SHEE-ray, and Bobby Perry.....and let's not forget Shag.

One thing I will complain about tonight is putting Woo in. To me, he is one of the worst players to ever come to UK and actually get some playing time. Tubby's recruiting is awful. I say bring Billy back to Kentucky and give him the job! Maybe then my dreams of getting some outstanding players to come to UK will be furfilled. And of course a National Championship! Haven't had one since Rick's boys and its starting to get to me.
I shed a few tears after I hit my hand on the floor when the shot did not go in, lol.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Billy D owns Tubby 5 in a row and soon to make it 6 when UK goes to Gainesville. I still get a big grin on my face every time I hear the Tubby supporters argue Tubby is the better coach. Instead of putting up foolish arguments, they'd better be concentrating on ways to encourage Billy D to come to Lexington and straighten out the mess that Tubby's created.

Tubby still leads Billy D since arriving at UK 12-9. I do think Tubby is a better coach, but I do think Donovan is a better recruiter. Tubby Smith is UK's coach, and nobody jumped on the Florida bandwagon until last season, and they won't again after this season. Once Billy D loses this team he'll be the joke he was before he got these guys. That is, if he stays at Florida instead of opting to go to the NBA.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Billy D owns Tubby 5 in a row and soon to make it 6 when UK goes to Gainesville. I still get a big grin on my face every time I hear the Tubby supporters argue Tubby is the better coach. Instead of putting up foolish arguments, they'd better be concentrating on ways to encourage Billy D to come to Lexington and straighten out the mess that Tubby's created.
Yeah, don't forget the 8 in a row Tubby won against Billy D, I really don't think there is a great reason to get rid of Tubby, I do think Donavan is my first choice by a landside to be his replacement.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Tubby wasn't goint to recruit Pettigrew until the media and fans starting getting on his case about it. The only contact they had with him until a few weeks ago was text messaging.....according to Pettigrew's coach.

Tub is clueless about recruiting talent....just look at Woo, SHEE-ray, and Bobby Perry.....and let's not forget Shag.

How do you know Tubby wasn't going to recruit Pettigrew?

Tubby may miss with some guys, but Sheray Thomas and Bobby Perry haven't been playing that bad, especially Perry against South Carolina and Thomas did nothing to hurt UK tonight.

Tubby can recruit, just look at Prince, Bogans, Fitch, Daniels, Hayes, Azubukie, and Rondo.

Easy to see things as half empty when you don't look at the positives.
Pages: 1 2