Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Junior High WINS NATIONALS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Way to go girls! Just saw results on www.varsity.com.... YOU ROCK!
That is the White squad. Maroon has advanced but have not finished competing yet! Good luck girls!
Congrats....
Congrats Girls...Great to see an excellent 15th squad get what they deserve!
Congrats girls! Great Job!
WTG Pikeville White! Congrats to a very talented group & Miss Wheeler! Good Luck to Pikeville Maroon!
I heard that they had some very stiff competition in this division this year, and that it was a hard-fought, well-deserved win! Congratulations to the squad, and Lisa Wheeler. Great job, once again this year!
SNAKE empty your box!
Pikeville Maroon has advanced to the finals this afternoon.... Go Girls.... bring home another one!
Congrats to the Junior High Girls...

PHS95 Wrote:Pikeville Maroon has advanced to the finals this afternoon.... Go Girls.... bring home another one!

This post (above) is speaking about the High School Cheerleaders Right?
Yes, in the small varsity category!
Congrats! Everyone is proud no matter what!
The results are in from the 2007 Small Varsity division. Madison Central leads the way from Kentucky with a 4th place finish. Butler Traditional (Louisville) finishes 9th, Tates Creek finishes 12th, and Pikeville finished 13th. Congratulations to all of these squads. Like I said in an earlier post, Madison Central has to be the team to beat in the KAPOS small division category.
yeah , i cheer for belfry, last night at the middle school county game, there were a few girls [i wont mention names] who were going out of hand, and having bad sportsmanship saying things like,"Well we won nationals!" after every cheer our middle school girls did. Yes, we agree thats a very good thing, and congrats. But theres one thing i must say...
BELFRY WASNT THERE!!
From what I have seen on video, it may not have mattered who was there. Listen, I agree the bad sportsmanship was uncalled for, and uncharacteristic. Talk to their sponsor, have them apologize.... don't make claims that will never be able to be backed up since this years nationals cannot be redone. Better yet, go to nationals next year and try to back it up!
belfry_varstycheer Wrote:yeah , i cheer for belfry, last night at the middle school county game, there were a few girls [i wont mention names] who were going out of hand, and having bad sportsmanship saying things like,"Well we won nationals!" after every cheer our middle school girls did. Yes, we agree thats a very good thing, and congrats. But theres one thing i must say...
BELFRY WASNT THERE!!

What girls are you talking about? The Pikeville Junior High girls did not get home from nationals until after 9 pm on Tuesday night ( county finals night). They were not at the games in the county tournament.
The only cheer squads in the county tournament were:
Elkhorn
Belfry
Johns Creek
Phelps
Feds Creek
Millard
and not sure... did Dorton and Virgie have cheerleaders???

I was only there 2 nights and didn't see them cheer if so....
phs1986 Wrote:The only cheer squads in the county tournament were:
Elkhorn
Belfry
Johns Creek
Phelps
Feds Creek
Millard
and not sure... did Dorton and Virgie have cheerleaders???

I was only there 2 nights and didn't see them cheer if so....

Yes Dorton and Virgie had cheerleaders.
Thanks!! I wasn't sure so I didn't post that they did!!! Appreciate it!!
PHS95 Wrote:From what I have seen on video, it may not have mattered who was there. Listen, I agree the bad sportsmanship was uncalled for, and uncharacteristic. Talk to their sponsor, have them apologize.... don't make claims that will never be able to be backed up since this years nationals cannot be redone. Better yet, go to nationals next year and try to back it up!

I agree...you cant go back and 2nd guess anything...no need to go there!!

But to that childs defense you replied to, it dont make it right, but I understand her anger/hurt. I was there. Filming! I have it on tape. Belfry cheerleaders were taunted ALL night. And the kids screaming we won nationals...what did that have to do with County? but that was the least of the bad sportsmanship. Kids will do things but Theres no excuse for the way they acted and Im sure Belfry had some stuff going on to. But those girls didn't deserve that. There were also grown women in the stands helping drowned out the kids floor cheers. I have it all on film, I dont have to argue with anyone about if it happened but it was a sad site to see. Its a good thing I didn't have a child trying to cheer because I was upset enough as it was! Im also very happy to hear that it wasn't/couldn't have been Pikevilles cheerleaders!!! :Thumbs:

[size=6]CONGRATS GIRLS ON YOUR WIN AT NATIONALS![/size]
phs1986 Wrote:Thanks!! I wasn't sure so I didn't post that they did!!! Appreciate it!!

:Thumbs: Anytime girl
Congrats girls! Great Job!
How does Pikeville Junior High get to compeat at KAPOS as a high school squad, but then compeat at nationals as a junior high squad?
^ I was wondering the same thing. If they are going to allow that, then why not let other junior high teams compete at KAPOS.
They have a KAPOS for middle school in the 15th don't they??
No... but did the girls (Jr. High, Middle School or whatever they are being referred to) cheer any girls varsity games?
When I was in middle school there was a 15th region middle school KAPOS.
I don't have any idea if they cheer any games. If Pikeville is allowed to do this why arn't other middle school teams. JC middle school is very good, and so Belfrys?
No clue!!!
phs1986 Wrote:No... but did the girls (Jr. High, Middle School or whatever they are being referred to) cheer any girls varsity games?
From what I understand??? Well I know they cheer for the middle school age games football and basketball both. I think only maroon cheers for HS
varsity tho.
57thScarlett Wrote:How does Pikeville Junior High get to compeat at KAPOS as a high school squad, but then compeat at nationals as a junior high squad?
Thats because where their middle and high schools are combined, they say they are pikeville white, sort of like JV. So, technically i guess they are both?
[btw..they are good enough for both]
Pages: 1 2 3