Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia 70 UCLA 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A 19-5 team with so many young players,,,well guys Im so excited I cant hardly contain myself.In my 46 years there has not been too many great moments in Mountaineer basketball.After the last two years it looked like back to square one but look now.Beilein has got to be one of the best coaches in the world.Remember I only lived my first 13 years in west Virginia and last 33 in Kentucky but always loved my EERS!!
Congrats WVU. 29-2 against non-conference opponents at home under Beilein. 2nd year in a row they have defeated UCLA.
They should crack the top 25.This team has alot better atheletes than Pittsnogle and company.They are not getting as many backdoor,s as lasat years team but their defense is actually better.As good as Pittsnogle could shoot he was lousy as a rebounder and on defense.Im just tickled to death.Now if the Cats can knock off the Gators this will be a great day.
Stat what part of Ky are you in if you dont mind me asking.I thought you might be close to the WV border,,you seem to like my Mountaineers.Thanks for the support.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Stat what part of Ky are you in if you dont mind me asking.I thought you might be close to the WV border,,you seem to like my Mountaineers.Thanks for the support.

Well, I am about 2 hours from the border but I like to keep up with what WVU does and Ive always been a huge fan and like to see them do good like they are right now.
i GREW UP around 60 miles from Morgantown.
Well i dont think they will crack the top 25 there RPI was 45.
i love to see WV do good, i like them and hope they keep on winning.
I saw them at 28th in yesterdays paper batbuff I dont know about their RPI .I am pretty sure they will jump to around 22nd.They were ranked earilier as high as 20th but road loses to Notre Dame and Marquette is why they dropped out.Their worst loss was an overtime loss to Cinncinnati,,a game they had a 16 point lead.With a few breaks here and their they could be 23-1.Only game they didnt have at least a lead late in the game was Pitt.A 10 point loss to the irish was a learning experience for one of the youngest teams in the big east and like Joe Alexander says,,,wait until you see the players that are red shirted.Beilein is in my mind TODAY THE BEST COACH IN AMERICA. rEMEBER THEY were picked 12th in the big east.Their biggest losing margin was to Pitt but still think the cinn loss was their worst game of the year.Pitt held them to 49 points but credit goes to Pitt for that.Never thought this team would be looking for an ncaa bid but Im sure they will get a slot.But unlike life in the bluegrass state of basketball if they dont make it to the big dance they wont want to lynch the coach, they only will be saying what a great year and wait until next year.
John Belien has built this program into a yearly Big East contender, Congrats to WVU, best of luck.
gotta be repin the big WVU
Go Wvu!
Congrats WVU
W.V. needed this win BAD! Great win Neers!
Did I already say HOW BOUT THEM EERS
IMO, they will crack the top 25.
And they should!