Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville pulls kids scholly...on SIGNING DAY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The University of Louisville pulled a young mans scholarship on SIGNING DAY. He was left with nowhere to go. No other school to sign with. UL left a message on the coaches answering machine to inform him that papers would not be coming for the young man to sign. Verry classy UL...very classy

Shameful
That is just sad, leave it to Louisville.
Gosh thats horrible it really is, that pisses me off. A young man trying to get an oppurtunity in life like that and then they strip it away from him. Makes me disrespect Louisville more than I already did!
Man...This is a bunch of **** if this is the truth! IMO you don't play with a kids feelings! There are ways to handle this!
UL is showing their true colors in situations like this. I have no respect for Jurich.
That's awful, but nothing that Louisville does surprises me.
Anybody know who the young man was, maybe UK can get him, lol.
2* according to rivals. ITd be sweet for the kid, i know that if he came to UK
Yeah this is another reason for me to hate Louisville even more
Well you gotta look at a few situations that COULD have been behind this:

1. Maybe this was a kid that Petrino was recruiting and offered him a scholarship.
2. If so, then the new coach doesn't have to go thru with signin the kid (happened to a buddy of mine).
3. Maybe the kid got into some trouble off the field and the coaches found out about it and decided to pull his scholarship.

IDK why they pulled it, but there had to be some kind of reasonin behind it.
Good points Redneck!
Redneck Wrote:Well you gotta look at a few situations that COULD have been behind this:

1. Maybe this was a kid that Petrino was recruiting and offered him a scholarship.
2. If so, then the new coach doesn't have to go thru with signin the kid (happened to a buddy of mine).
3. Maybe the kid got into some trouble off the field and the coaches found out about it and decided to pull his scholarship.

IDK why they pulled it, but there had to be some kind of reasonin behind it.

Did you read the article? They kept in contact with him troughout. They NEVER ONCE told the kid that his verbal was not accepted until signing day! You think if something you said happened that they would have told him a MONTH ago. There is no excuse for this kind of crap and i dont know how anyone could defend it.
according to the article "The message said he didn't ever commit to the old staff, so they weren't going to honor it," Mallory said. "But I was in the room when he committed over the phone. I was there. And I had the USF [South Florida] staff all mad at me because I encouraged him to do it. Basically, the new staff is trying to pass the buck to the old staff, and it's unprofessional as it can be."

And due to NCAA regulations Louisville can't comment on the subject.

So why didn't the paper contact someone from the old staff to clear up the issue?
I Feel sorry for that kid.
Is he going to go to any other college?
I know Summers never commited to Louisville... even verbally, but I was pretty sure Patrick Grant had, but then he started talking to other schools, so he retracted his verbal... So it's not Louisville's fault, if he knew he was coming here he should have never pulled his verbal from Louisville
corndog23 Wrote:Did you read the article? They kept in contact with him troughout. They NEVER ONCE told the kid that his verbal was not accepted until signing day! You think if something you said happened that they would have told him a MONTH ago. There is no excuse for this kind of crap and i dont know how anyone could defend it.

Awww, is corndog still upset cause I laughed at one of his statements in the boys basketball forum.

I'm not defendin Louisville, just lookin at a few possibilities to why they may have pulled the scholarship. When you bring a new coach in that coach doesn't have to sign the kids the previous coach was recruitin. The article said the boy committed under Petrino, it also did say that the new staff contacted the kid. The final call comes from the head man, and that would be new coach Steve Kragthorpe, if he didn't feel the boy Pretino recriuted was good enough to play for him then he doesn't have to sign him, and he didn't, that's life. I agree that they should have let the kid know sooner, that's the only bad part about this whole deal. Colleges pull scholarships every year.
Doc Holliday Wrote:according to the article "The message said he didn't ever commit to the old staff, so they weren't going to honor it," Mallory said. "But I was in the room when he committed over the phone. I was there. And I had the USF [South Florida] staff all mad at me because I encouraged him to do it. Basically, the new staff is trying to pass the buck to the old staff, and it's unprofessional as it can be."

And due to NCAA regulations Louisville can't comment on the subject.

So why didn't the paper contact someone from the old staff to clear up the issue?
the incident you are refering to is the kid from Rockcastle I think they talking about another incident
That is pretty bad of Louisville to do. Should have let him know something before hand.