Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rupp Arena Crowd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was flipping back and forth last night between UK vs SC and UNC vs Duke noticing the difference in the crowd. As usual the old Rupp "blue hair'd" crowd was dozing off and sipping champagne. Drives me crazy.

I know we can't ever get rid of them(too much $$) but if you guys could make some changes to live'n it up what would it be?
Put the blue hairs behind the goals and give the students the sides. I noticed it to. It's sad.
When I was at school there and was lucky enough to get lower arena tickets I was asked several time to sit down by that bunch. At that time we only got 1 section in the lower arena for students. The rest was up top.
It should be about the students. But it's not. It's about how much money you have.
I have always wanted to see 1 game a year at Memorial and no season ticket holders. Have admission like big blue madness. I think that would be awesome.
Never happen because the students would bring it down. Could you believe how loud that place would be.
Let them(the students) line up too. It would be crazy.
I would love to see that. Camron Crazies couldn't compare to that.
Make a bigger erupption zone. Although you can hear about 6 fans screaming. But its getting rediculous how Rupp is getting.
It is SAD! That is why they need an arena on campus!
The students are there just in the wrong places! I've been there before when the crowd was deafing but it is rare.
IMO the first 5 rows behind the benches or the first 5 rows across the court should be stand only seats and given to the student's, or give both of these sections to the student's, and place all other lower arena ticket's back on sale and up for grabs at the end of the season. Kentucky's games are like a funeral.
Kentucky games do get lame,and they should put more students around the court. They should make luxury boxes for the old blue hairs though. They don't even wear UK apparel to the games. They were suits. It's a joke, but in all fairness you can't compare Cameron Indoor when they are playing #5 UNC to Kentucky played the worst team in the SEC. Saturday will be good, but it should be good for all games.
And you also can't tell me that Cameron Indoor is not INSANE so matter if they are playing UNC or playing High Point! The same EVERY GAME!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And you also can't tell me that Cameron Indoor is not INSANE so matter if they are playing UNC or playing High Point! The same EVERY GAME!

Yeah I always have loved the Cameron Crazies, best fans in sports.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And you also can't tell me that Cameron Indoor is not INSANE so matter if they are playing UNC or playing High Point! The same EVERY GAME!

Yeah. I hate them, but the atmosphere is always great. I was impressed last night when the students still clapped for the Duke players after the loss.
Everyone that goes to UK games now are over 60 years old. Clapping is all your gonna get out of 'em. Yes, they should make the Eruption Zone bigger because, Rupp is getting more quiet every season.
i honestly just about fell asleep when they played Charleston earlier..I havent been to a HIGH SCHOOL game that quiet. Unless there is a major marquee team in Rupp, the crowd is usually nothing more than a few claps and whistles. Ive been to Rupp about 20 times and Ive seen them up for the Arkansas games in '92 and '94, and the LSU game in '90..other than that though, even solid Tennessee teams in the late 90s wouldnt get anybody riled up...I remember Coach Pitino was wanting to put an arena on campus, and that would have seriously been unreal. Build a 25,000 seat arena, with luxury boxes for the people that have no interest in making it difficult for other teams, lol...and let the kids have the floor..and there would be plenty of money rolling in for that.