Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steffon Pettigrew; Thoughts???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is he going to UK? He is a 2 star SF on Rivals.com, and attends Elizabethtown High, and is the Leading scorer in the state. Recently he has drawed lots of attenion to UK. If he dosn't goto UK, does anyone think he may turn into another Chris Lofton?
Pettigrew is better than a 2 star player. I think he's averaging something like 30 points and 12 rebounds per game. He'll be a good 2-3 man and his athleticism is amazing from what I've heard. Louisville has began recruiting him recently, but I think Kentucky may not worry if they get Jai Lucas because of Pettigrew.
And from what I heard Jai Lucas is a STUD!
How many stars is Jai Alfus?
Yeah I recently heard something about Jai Lucas the first time the other day and heard the same thing, but I would actually like to see UK land Pettigrew, he is also a beast. Seen him play down state last year and he was a man amongst boys.
Jai is a 4*. He is a very good player and he makes the players around him better. He and Patterson are the top 2 recruits left uncommitted in the country. I would like to get all three if i could. I really want Pettigrew though.
Pettigrew is the leading scorer in the state, at about 35 a contest, he is a stud. But I would like to see Jai in the blue next year.
I would like to see UK land a KY boy, especially one of Pettigrew's caliber. They've offered Darius Miller of Mason County a scholarship for the class of 2008. Let's try to make it 2 years in a row with a KY recruit. And how great would it be to land Pettigrew, Lucas, AND Patterson?
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I would like to see UK land a KY boy, especially one of Pettigrew's caliber. They've offered Darius Miller of Mason County a scholarship for the class of 2008. Let's try to make it 2 years in a row with a KY recruit. And how great would it be to land Pettigrew, Lucas, AND Patterson?

There's only 2 scholarships opening up for next season.

If Morris leaves then we would have 3. If he stays I'd still like to get all 3 and put Carter on an Academic Scholarship.
Through January 24 (the latest updated stats reported by KHSAA), Pettigrew had played in 17 games. Through those 17 games, he is averaging 35.4 points per game, shooting 61.6% from the field, and pulling down an average of 14.3 rebounds per game. If this isn't Mr. Basketball material, I don't know what is!
Had 52 points and 23 rebounds in one game, then broke his own record 2 games later when he had 54 points and 14 rebounds. Hes a great player and the frontrunner for Mr. Basketball, and those numbers are astonishing, but it looks like hes doing it all by himself. And not to mention that E-town has a 13-9 record.
Yeah, I saw E-Town's record too, -STAT-. Too bad he wasn't on somewhat of a better team.
mcfan1 Wrote:Pettigrew is the leading scorer in the state, at about 35 a contest, he is a stud. But I would like to see Jai in the blue next year.
Yeah..So did Brandon Stockton, lol
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Yeah, I saw E-Town's record too, -STAT-. Too bad he wasn't on somewhat of a better team.

Yeah really.
I don't think they'll offer Pettigrew a scholarship, if they do it will come late if one becomes available. He's a hell of a player but he's a 6'4 low post type guy, I could see him more than likley at a school like Western Kentucky or Tennessee Tech who are also recruiting him. I'd like to see UK offer him a scolly but I not sure about that it according who signs though he not one of their top three recruits right now. I don't see him taking a Walk-on spot which is a possibility right now.
I believe he's already been offered a scholarship by Travis Ford at UMASS, hasn't he?
ALLDAY Wrote:I believe he's already been offered a scholarship by Travis Ford at UMASS, hasn't he?
I've heard that also.
Wouldnt UK have a scholly for him(Pettigrew), Lucas, and Patterson, if they didnt already sign the big guy from Virginia....Mike Williams i think is his name, or is he walking on. I seen him on the commit list on catspause.com
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Through January 24 (the latest updated stats reported by KHSAA), Pettigrew had played in 17 games. Through those 17 games, he is averaging 35.4 points per game, shooting 61.6% from the field, and pulling down an average of 14.3 rebounds per game. If this isn't Mr. Basketball material, I don't know what is!

He has to get Mr Basketball!
LOL he wont go to UK. Tubby wont get in state players! We have 1 right now. Jared Carter LOLOLOL. Get some boys who knows what it means to play in Rupp and to have KY on your chest.
On Catspause.com, Steffon Pettigrew has said that Tubby Smith told him that he wants him to be a Wildcat. But they are waiting for Lucas & Patterson to make there decisions. Plus many wildcat fans belive if he dosn't become a Wildcat that he will be another Chris Lofton. Plus he has rose from a 2 star player to a 3 star player on rivals.com.
I would love to see Kentucky land ANY of the three. The dream of course would be getting a Kentucky boy in a Kentucky uniform and watching him develop into one of the greatest players in the NCAA. Do I see it happened? Chances aren't too great but some of the greatest players in the SEC for a few years to come? VERY likely.