Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2016 KYMSFA State Championships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let the Predictions begin!
Ill take a stab at predictions:

D3:
Owensboro Catholic I feel will edge Glasgow out.
New Harlan is just too much for a good CAL team.

D2:
TK Stone is undefeated and running through everyone. They also have nice size line.
Belfry just because its hard to beat them twice and this is the time when they thrive.

D1:

Bowling Green I think has enough to get by a good Crosby team.
Newburg/Knox is a toss up game - Newburg has speed and coaches adjust really well, Knox has a huge line and pound the ball real well. I feel this comes down to the wire.

7th:

Glasgow over South Warren - Just because I have to make a pick
Newburg vs Northern Pulaski is a toss up. Newburg is Undefeated and dominating everyone, #2 is a beast of a RB. Northern Pulaski is Northern Pulaski, Coach Foley always finds a way to keep his kids in it.

I will go ahead and pick my state champs too:

D3: New Harlan
D2: Belfry
D1: Winner of Newburg/Knox game
7th: Winner of Newburg/Northern Pulaski game
Good luck to all teams. Looking forward to a fun and exciting weekend in Lexington.
New Harlan is made up of how many middle schools Or is it just one school
A few K-8 schools.
5 schools
If Belfry plays the way they played against Bell they will win D2 hands down
I think Lex Cath wins this one,Just because their in Lex and not in the Mountains!
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Ill take a stab at predictions:

D1:

Bowling Green I think has enough to get by a good Crosby team.
Newburg/Knox is a toss up game - Newburg has speed and coaches adjust really well, Knox has a huge line and pound the ball real well. I feel this comes down to the wire.

I will go ahead and pick my state champs too:

D3: New Harlan
D2: Belfry
D1: Winner of Newburg/Knox game
7th: Winner of Newburg/Northern Pulaski game

After seeing what Newburg did to Anderson county I think their defense may give the power running game of Knox trouble. Mountain football be the speed of Newburg could be bad news for Knox. Knox has a big line but Newburg has speed at every position and two pretty big linemen themselves. Could be a tight battle.
That's why its a toss up in my book. Newburg is a JCPS team and everyone knows that means speed. Newburg uses it to their advantage. They do have a couple big kids though. But knox I know has a huge front line in general.

I feel that the winner of this game will be the one who can control the offensive/defensive line. If newburg can get to the edge and keep Knox guessing with their multiple formations. Knox wins if their line is able to shove newburgs backwards.

This will be a battle to the end.

Does anyone know if it will be streamed?
Gonna be a great weekend in Lexington! Good Luck to all ! Go Patriots!
Well, it's almost here!! I had planned to attend but it doesn't appear that I will be making the trip. Sad

So, go New Harlan Patriots!!!! You guys can do this, and I sure will be keeping up with the game from home.

Also, go Pirates!! I've got folks texting me about that one, too!!

LOL

The future is bright in the mountains for high school football, and that's great news!
One more thing. Those that think LCA may get a break because of the location of the game is wrong. I don't know who the officials will be (and I hope and pray they are better than last years'), so that may make a difference. But as far as an allegiance between LCA and PLD, it just doesn't exist!!

I know......
Granny Bear Wrote:One more thing. Those that think LCA may get a break because of the location of the game is wrong. I don't know who the officials will be (and I hope and pray they are better than last years'), so that may make a difference. But as far as an allegiance between LCA and PLD, it just doesn't exist!!

I know......

Granny must be smoking some mountain dust.
That has nothing to do with it!!
Granny Bear Wrote:One more thing. Those that think LCA may get a break because of the location of the game is wrong. I don't know who the officials will be (and I hope and pray they are better than last years'), so that may make a difference. But as far as an allegiance between LCA and PLD, it just doesn't exist!!

I know......

Sorry but I've got to ask,what does PLD stand for?
Mustang Jax Wrote:Sorry but I've got to ask,what does PLD stand for?

means Dunbar Confusednicker:
Mustang Jax Wrote:Sorry but I've got to ask,what does PLD stand for?

Paul L Dunbar high school. It's where the games are being played tomorrow.

And, disregard pj. I have to explain stuff to him ALL the time.
Granny Bear Wrote:Paul L Dunbar high school. It's where the games are being played tomorrow.

And, disregard pj. I have to explain stuff to him ALL the time.

I think the games are at Bryan Station aren't they?
Congratulations to the State Champions from all divisions. This may have been the craziest year I've seen in the KYMSFA playoffs. I believe all three 8th grade champions won their school's first title. That's huge for them! Good luck to all teams as they move on.
Love the upsets this year has brought.
Many though EKY would sweep and that wasn't the case at all.