Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Florida @ (18) Kentucky 2/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This should be quite and atmosphere, since ESPN gameday in gonna be there, Along with Dickie V. The two best SEC teams face off in Lexington. Tickets go on sale this coming Wednesday. I really think UK will pull this one out. There finally gonna prove there selves to the rest of the country that there still Kentucky.

UK-84
FLA-82
This game is on my birthday and I wont be able to go Sad But you can bet your bottom dollar I will watch every minute of it! I also think UK can pull it out and the environment is going to be wild. I will give my prediction later on though.
UK by 3.
This will probably be the wildest atmosphere ever for a game in Rupp Arena. I assume the attendance record will be broken, and the crowd will be louder than ever. I'm not too optimistic about the ending of the game though, as I think Florida is just too much but if Bradley comes to play Kentucky has a good chance. If not it could get ugly.
Florida BIG. I am saying 85-61.
Atmosphere will be crazy. I think it will be a good game for 35 minutes, then Florida pulls further ahead in the end, winning it 86-69.
I say UK is FLAT! Teams like Florida get up for games like this!
I really hope my Wildcats can pull this one out. It would be a great game to win and show everyone what UK basketball has been, and always will be about. Rupp will explode and as long as the fans stay in this game, I don't think Florida can handle it. A great team, dont get me wrong. I just love seeing my Cats win.
You don't think Florida can handle it? They can because everywhere they go they get the same atmosphere because EVERYONE wants to see them lose!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:You don't think Florida can handle it? They can because everywhere they go they get the same atmosphere because EVERYONE wants to see them lose!

I fully expect this atmosphere to be beyond anything they've experienced this season.
Yeah the atmosphere should be electric. Usually Rupp is so quiet you can hear Tubby stomp his foot on the ground from up in the nosebleeds.
^Yeah it's pathetic sometimes. Tickets are going for a fortune on ebay. The student ticket lottery is tomorrow, and I expect that not everybody will be able to get tickets for it.

Should be fun though. Hope I get in.
alfus21 Wrote:^Yeah it's pathetic sometimes. Tickets are going for a fortune on ebay. The student ticket lottery is tomorrow, and I expect that not everybody will be able to get tickets for it.

Should be fun though. Hope I get in.

Yeah my Dad was looking for some on Ebay and he said the highest he seen was like $455. But I would say there are more much higher than that.
Uk-70
Fla-69
the atmosphere will be great as long as UK's in it...if they fall behind by a bunch early, you'll be able to hear the 70 year old bankers, accountants, and the elders that sit at the floor turn that volume knob from 1 to 0.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:the atmosphere will be great as long as UK's in it...if they fall behind by a bunch early, you'll be able to hear the 70 year old bankers, accountants, and the elders that sit at the floor turn that volume knob from 1 to 0.

haha, true that.
Florida all the way baby!! UK won't stop Noah. I say Florida will easily git a big W on the 10th. GO GATORS!!

:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Rupp will be wild with #1 Florida in town again......

Remember what a beat down we laid on Florida the last time they came to Rupp as #1 ???

UK by 4
Florida is by far the BEST team in the nation. The #2 team, whomever it may be during a given week, doesn't even come close. Rupp Arena will be rockin' come Saturday, we all agree on that. When Kentucky plays "team ball," they can be pretty impressive. Meeks has really come on strong lately, and Thomas hasn't played all too badly either. Florida, IMO, is just too big and too talented all around. I saw a game clip, and all Joakim Noah did was throw his arms in the air, and 3 defenders surrounded him, and it left Humphrey open on the wing. That's the kind of effect every Florida player has on the other team. They're too "powerful" in every aspect. They're not immortal, but no team in the country comes close. I'm as big a UK fan as anyone else on here, and I'd love to see the Cats win, too. But honestly, it's hard to go against the Gators right now, even if the game is in Lexington.
I got my tickets tonight. Who else is going to be there? :popcorn:
I wish i could be at this game. Haven't got to go to any this year and this would be a great one to be watching at Rupp!
I can't believe how much tickets are going for. Check this out on ebay.
http://tickets.search.ebay.com/Kentucky-...rchZSearch
blackcat_student Wrote:This should be quite and atmosphere, since ESPN gameday in gonna be there, Along with Dickie V. The two best SEC teams face off in Lexington. Tickets go on sale this coming Wednesday. I really think UK will pull this one out. There finally gonna prove there selves to the rest of the country that there still Kentucky.

UK-84
FLA-82

Gosh, I hope your right!!
Rivalry week in college basketball.....Gators are going to rupp...who you think comes away with this one?

Wildcats in an upset in a close one
College Thread!!!!!!
Wrong thread!
Already have a thread on this one guys. Here ya go.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=21401
Will be a tough task for the Cats! It is always a battle between these two though. Gonna have to go with the Gators though.
I thought the tickets went on sale tomarrow?
alfus21 Wrote:This will probably be the wildest atmosphere ever for a game in Rupp Arena. I assume the attendance record will be broken, and the crowd will be louder than ever. I'm not too optimistic about the ending of the game though, as I think Florida is just too much but if Bradley comes to play Kentucky has a good chance. If not it could get ugly.

I doubt it. The wildest and loudest I have seen was early in the Pitino era. Pitino's first year when a bunch of nobodys beat Shaq's LSU squad was the loudest and wildest I have ever seen Rupp. Maybe in a tie or at least second was the following season when the Unforgettables routed Kansas a year after Kansas beat them by fifty. Those two games are by far the craziest and loudest ever at Rupp.

I'm sure this crowd will be big a pumped up. But I don't think you can top the emotion in those two games. I have seen them play Arkansas when Arkansas was #1 in the mid 90s. I was 5 rows behind the bench for senior day when the Unforgettables beat Tenn. Nothing I have seen at Rupp since can compare to those LSU and Kansas games.
Pages: 1 2 3