Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson vs North Laurel 7th grade 1st round playoff game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've said all year to watch out for North Laurel's 7th grade.I may be wrong but I don't think they have lost since the fist game of the year and that was to North Pulaski.
What about there 8th grade team?
Not sure about the 8th grade team.I never had a chance to watch them play! I saw the 7th grade play at North Pulaski.
What was the score
38-6 North Pulaski
North laurel will have to travel to Johnson, so I'll take Johnson in that one.
I'm picking North Laurel. I just think North's LOS is to big and Johnson isn't fast enough to run around it! I could be wrong but that's my pick! I do think however these two teams should be the #2 and #3 seed and not #4 and #5.I think Corbin got a free ticket to the regional finals.
Mustang Jax Wrote:I'm picking North Laurel. I just think North's LOS is to big and Johnson isn't fast enough to run around it! I could be wrong but that's my pick! I do think however these two teams should be the #2 and #3 seed and not #4 and #5.I think Corbin got a free ticket to the regional finals.

Corbin lost one game on the season. They beat North Laurel. Every year 7th grade brackets depend a lot on the 8th grade to ensure the two teams aren't split up in different places. People on here want to whine about their draw. Bottom line if you want to be state champion you line up and beat everyone in your path. Quit being a bunch of babies.
Corbin was rightly seeded. Seeding is based on 8th grade more than 7th. You can't have teams from the same school playing in different locations as different seeds. As far as North Laurel and Johnson, Johnson is a better team. I'll be shocked if they don't win at home.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Corbin lost one game on the season. They beat North Laurel. Every year 7th grade brackets depend a lot on the 8th grade to ensure the two teams aren't split up in different places. People on here want to whine about their draw. Bottom line if you want to be state champion you line up and beat everyone in your path. Quit being a bunch of babies.

If you don't want to hear a bunch of whining then you need to find another site to play on other than Blue grass rivals,that's the fun part! Also I looked at your previous post and you've done your fair share of whining as well! I'm not complaining about my teams seed at all because that seed would be #1.What I was whining about was more that Johnson deserved the #2 seed over Corbin because their better than Corbin.We have played all three teams and Johnson only has 1 loss as well.Im sure the 8th grade travel has a lot to do with it and that's fine,I can understand that. I wasn't aware that Corbin beat North Laurel I thought they only had 1 loss so my bad on that,I still think North Laurel has a very good team and very well could upset Johnson.So now I'm done whining!
Whining is not aloud, suck it up and play the bracket. By the way Corbin rocked north tonight 40-12 running clock and b team fourth quarter
So I guess I was defiantly wrong about North Laurel if Corbin beat them that bad! My bad no more Bragging about North Laurel! Johnson will kill them.
Johnson County.
North Laurel has never been elite. Corbin & Johnson are both in that category. Both will be tough outs in the playoffs.
Wildcat18 Wrote:North Laurel has never been elite. Corbin & Johnson are both in that category. Both will be tough outs in the playoffs.

I agree with what your saying and please correct me if I'm wrong.Until Corbin beat North Laurel LAST NIGHT, all three teams (NL,JC,and Corbin) only had 1 loss and all three were beaten by the same team (North Pulaski).Someone had posted earlier before last night that Corbin had already beat NL.
7th grade seeding is based on 8th grade participation. It doesn't matter who is seeded higher in 7th, 8th is where the seeds are decided. It's not necessarily the most accurate, but it is the most reasonable. You don't want to split the same school up at 2 separate locations with 2 separate coaching staffs on the same day. Most schools can't do that.
Corbin did beat north 2 times this year.
Wildcat18 Wrote:7th grade seeding is based on 8th grade participation. It doesn't matter who is seeded higher in 7th, 8th is where the seeds are decided. It's not necessarily the most accurate, but it is the most reasonable. You don't want to split the same school up at 2 separate locations with 2 separate coaching staffs on the same day. Most schools can't do that.

I Understand that and that's fine,this entire thread was about the Johnson vs North Laurel game and at the time it was posted both JC and NL only had one loss. I made a Commit about Corbin having an easy road to the Regional finals and they do! My thoughts at the time were that Johnson and NL were better than Corbin.Obviously I was wrong about NL but I still think Johnson is the better team.
Bossdaddy Wrote:Corbin did beat north 2 times this year.

Ok,so they played last night ,when was their first game? Not sure why you would schedule the same team twice in the regular season but I guess it could happen!
Mustang Jax Wrote:Ok,so they played last night ,when was their first game? Not sure why you would schedule the same team twice in the regular season but I guess it could happen!

Teams play in a conference. Most conferences have a conference championship. Therefore some teams meet up twice during the season. However, since this was for the conference championship it's not considered regular season. Just sit in the stands and cheer and leave the discussion to people that know what they are talking about.
Mustang Jax Wrote:I Understand that and that's fine,this entire thread was about the Johnson vs North Laurel game and at the time it was posted both JC and NL only had one loss. I made a Commit about Corbin having an easy road to the Regional finals and they do! My thoughts at the time were that Johnson and NL were better than Corbin.Obviously I was wrong about NL but I still think Johnson is the better team.

North Laurel had 2 losses when you started this thread and they have 3 now.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:North Laurel had 2 losses when you started this thread and they have 3 now.

Ok who has beat them besides North Pulaski and Corbin? I don't mind being wrong,I'd just like to know who else beat them. Scrimmage games don't count!
Bossdaddy Wrote:Corbin did beat north 2 times this year.

I'm going to quote this comment again just because I think it should be restated. :Shaking:
North Pulaski beat north laurel then on 9/22 Corbin beat north in the last game of the regular season. Corbin became number one in the conference and north finished number two. So they both went on to the conference championship game which Corbin also won handily. Back to the JC NL topic. I think JC wins.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Teams play in a conference. Most conferences have a conference championship. Therefore some teams meet up twice during the season. However, since this was for the conference championship it's not considered regular season. Just sit in the stands and cheer and leave the discussion to people that know what they are talking about.

LOL!!! I bet your the coolest cat in Corbin!!
Hound. Coolest hound in Corbin. Bell has cats.