Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Officials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought it may be beneficial for those looking for referees for the playoffs to see the best crews. I thought if we labeled our best crew and our worst crew that we've seen this season (on road games only), it may help the selection committee scheduling games know who to contact and who (hopefully) not to contact.

Best Crew - @ Corbin - Energetic, called fairly for both squads, cut up with our players in between games. Very respectful and made it fun for our team.

Worst Crew - @ Whitley County - The 2nd worst officiated game I've ever seen in person. You better be 3 scores better over there, because you're going to lose 2 of them. 2 crew members were very biased, very one sided. The others were good refs.
:popcorn:
Don't call any officials in Hardin county, they're all terrible
Any official that called a game we lost, yea I don't want them. Lol

Put up enough points and officials won't matter.
Whitley County officials worst I have saw in a long time. Multiple tds called back on away team. Away team was crushing them to so no sour grapes here just stating facts. Film doesn't lie. Clay is historically bad for similar things.
Some of the Worst officiating I have seen this season has been in Pulaski county at all levels...
bop07475 Wrote:Some of the Worst officiating I have seen this season has been in Pulaski county at all levels...

I can't say I disagree with this statement.
Crew who worked the Division 2 Championship game (Belfry vs. South Oldham) last year...was without a doubt, the WORST crew I've witnessed.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Crew who worked the Division 2 Championship game (Belfry vs. South Oldham) last year...was without a doubt, the WORST crew I've witnessed.

What makes you say that?
plantmanky Wrote:What makes you say that?

Sour Grapes. Because they weren't head and shoulders better than everyone else they lay the blame on the officials. South Oldham had the best player on the field as well as the depth to compete with Belfry, officials played no role.
By far worst ever is in Whitley cause 3 long runs called back for stupid calls
For Wayne county's sake I hope the playoff crew is better than the normal Whitley crew
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Sour Grapes. Because they weren't head and shoulders better than everyone else they lay the blame on the officials. South Oldham had the best player on the field as well as the depth to compete with Belfry, officials played no role.

That's rich!! :lmao: The officials kept Oldham in that game...and it was clearly evident. What's really funny is that...according to you....Oldham had the best player....the depth...and still came up short. Being an official....I feel pretty confident in my position. That crew was HORRIBLE. I've reviewed it numerous times. Truly pathetic what transpired from an officiating standpoint. You're entitled to an opinion....just as I am.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:That's rich!! :lmao: The officials kept Oldham in that game...and it was clearly evident. What's really funny is that...according to you....Oldham had the best player....the depth...and still came up short. Being an official....I feel pretty confident in my position. That crew was HORRIBLE. I've reviewed it numerous times. Truly pathetic what transpired from an officiating standpoint. You're entitled to an opinion....just as I am.

Again what makes you say that.
All I will say is that when a referee or crew of referees insert themselves into the game....they should do it fairly, judiciously and,without bias, concern or overall interest/favoritism in the outcome. In my opinion, that mantra simply wasn't adhered too.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:All I will say is that when a referee or crew of referees insert themselves into the game....they should do it fairly, judiciously and,without bias, concern or overall interest/favoritism in the outcome. In my opinion, that mantra simply wasn't adhered too.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever reffed a Belfry game?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Just out of curiosity, have you ever reffed a Belfry game?

Never. Ever. Not the first one.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:That's rich!! :lmao: The officials kept Oldham in that game...and it was clearly evident. What's really funny is that...according to you....Oldham had the best player....the depth...and still came up short. Being an official....I feel pretty confident in my position. That crew was HORRIBLE. I've reviewed it numerous times. Truly pathetic what transpired from an officiating standpoint. You're entitled to an opinion....just as I am.

I stick by my comment. Oldham had the best player and enough depth to compete with belfry. Belfry was the better team and it showed they won the ball game. If playing a series though they wouldn't sweep Oldham. Please don't misconstrue my words. I didn't say Oldham had more depth or more quality players, but they had athletes at all the skill positions. Belfry definitely had the upper hand at the LOS. Keaton Martin was the best player on the field. That's an unbiased opinion, more like fact. But, belfry had guy's like Hensley, Bentley, Cook, Burchfield, Stepp, Fields, Etc... Although Belfry had more first tier guy's Oldhams second tier guy's can play at a very high level. Bednarczyk, Downing, Love, Chester, Lalli, etc. we're very solid players. I don't care if you like my opinion or not, but I guarantee I watch more middle school football and I know how to evaluate talent. Belfry was the better team, but the gap wasn't by much.

Prove your statement. Tell me which penalty's you took issue with. I will watch the game again.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Never. Ever. Not the first one.

My 2nd question. Have you ever let a message board comment persuade you to make a call or show any bias toward a team?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I stick by my comment. Oldham had the best player and enough depth to compete with belfry. Belfry was the better team and it showed they won the ball game. If playing a series though they wouldn't sweep Oldham. Please don't misconstrue my words. I didn't say Oldham had more depth or more quality players, but they had athletes at all the skill positions. Belfry definitely had the upper hand at the LOS. Keaton Martin was the best player on the field. That's an unbiased opinion, more like fact. But, belfry had guy's like Hensley, Bentley, Cook, Burchfield, Stepp, Fields, Etc... Although Belfry had more first tier guy's Oldhams second tier guy's can play at a very high level. Bednarczyk, Downing, Love, Chester, Lalli, etc. we're very solid players. I don't care if you like my opinion or not, but I guarantee I watch more middle school football and I know how to evaluate talent. Belfry was the better team, but the gap wasn't by much.

Now who has sour grapes?? I certainly wasn't dismissive of Oldham (your team). Just stating my opinion that the game was woefully officiated. My opinion will not change in that regard. The Martin kid is definitely a nice player. However, from my vantage point....right up to the point that he got hurt....Jacob Baisden appeared to be the best player on the field.

Just as unbiased as your take.
Wildcat18 Wrote:My 2nd question. Have you ever let a message board comment persuade you to make a call or show any bias toward a team?

Fortunately.... I haven't. If it comes to that...time to move on Smile However....I can't say that running up and down the field...listening to coaches harp and cry over an apparent missed call doesn't have some affect on who or what you may start looking for. Lord knows I've missed plenty of calls. Sometimes you find yourself out of position....sometimes you just don't see it. When you know you've messed up....it's truly a terrible feeling. However, missed call or not....it can't impact the way you officiate the remainder of the game. Make a mistake you move on. Short memory.

Just like a coach. Coaches have a long memory with Refs.....but a relatively short memory with their players. Mistakes are made, taught thru and forgotten. IMO, That's how it should be.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Now who has sour grapes?? I certainly wasn't dismissive of Oldham (your team). Just stating my opinion that the game was woefully officiated. My opinion will not change in that regard. The Martin kid is definitely a nice player. However, from my vantage point....right up to the point that he got hurt....Jacob Baisden appeared to be the best player on the field.

Just as unbiased as your take.

I have zero ties to Oldham County. Nice try though...
Just curious, who is the crew that calls the games at Whitley?

I have an idea of who it might be but I haven't watched a middle school game in years and have no clue. If its who I think it is its very possible they are horrible and were horrible when I played but not in a cheating sense, just a horrible officiating sense.
I thought Whitley hired KHSAA guys to come in and ref the middle school games...
Not joining the argument by any means, but Cook was unable to play (he did kick though)
Now that he starts varsity for a darn good BHS team, that shows how big a void it left not having him last year. But I agree, Keaton Martin is a stud. Believe he's tearing it up for their high school.

Anyone famIliar w/ South... I don't see Tyrell Love on their varsity roster? Has he transferred or does he not play football? IMO, Love has a dang good case for best player on the field that day.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Not joining the argument by any means, but Cook was unable to play (he did kick though)
Now that he starts varsity for a darn good BHS team, that shows how big a void it left not having him last year. But I agree, Keaton Martin is a stud. Believe he's tearing it up for their high school.

Anyone famIliar w/ South... I don't see Tyrell Love on their varsity roster? Has he transferred or does he not play football? IMO, Love has a dang good case for best player on the field that day.

I will give your statement a lot of credit. I forgot Cook did not play that day and he is a difference maker defensively. But, Belfry defense held Oldham to only one score anyway. I don't know that the score would have changed much with cook, but he's definitely a stud. I was told last year was Love's first year of football. He was actually one of the top wrestlers in his class and grade. I have no idea but he may have quit football and only does the wrestling now.
Guess your forgetting Bentleys TD called back by a BS holding call on the opposite side of the field wide receiver. He had several big runs called back for BS calls. They wanted to keep the game close so more teams don't drop out of the playoffs. It's about the money and the f'ing loser that runs it. Look at the small amount of teams in Belfrys region. 5 years ago they even had to have play in games in that region. Run away kids we don't want to play Belfry, just ask ***** cats down Ashland.
proud44pirate Wrote:Guess your forgetting Bentleys TD called back by a BS holding call on the opposite side of the field wide receiver. He had several big runs called back for BS calls. They wanted to keep the game close so more teams don't drop out of the playoffs. It's about the money and the f'ing loser that runs it. Look at the small amount of teams in Belfrys region. 5 years ago they even had to have play in games in that region. Run away kids we don't want to play Belfry, just ask ***** cats down Ashland.

I'm not forgetting anything. Every team good and bad alike have TD's called back when they commit penalties. Maybe you don't realize Keaton Martin is the leading rusher on a state championship contending football team. You can be rude and condescending all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Belfry was the best team last year, but South Oldham wasn't far behind.
proud44pirate Wrote:Guess your forgetting Bentleys TD called back by a BS holding call on the opposite side of the field wide receiver. He had several big runs called back for BS calls. They wanted to keep the game close so more teams don't drop out of the playoffs. It's about the money and the f'ing loser that runs it. Look at the small amount of teams in Belfrys region. 5 years ago they even had to have play in games in that region. Run away kids we don't want to play Belfry, just ask ***** cats down Ashland.

Didnt know so many people in Belfry hate me so much.
No hate just keeping it real
Pages: 1 2