Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kevin Durant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is the best freshman in the Nation? He makes a very strong arguement.
It's between him or Oden right now...I'd love to have both...but yeah I would have to say Durant is probably the best...Oden showed his weaknesses in that Florida game but a healthy Greg Oden might be the one of the greatest big men of college basketball ever.
Yeah did anyone happen to see Durants game last night againist Texas Tech. 37 points and 23 rebounds.
Durant is amazing. Even if he takes 20 shots a game still crazy. One of the best Freshman probally the best.
One of the best freshman...........this kid is one of the best overall, he can post up, shoot the three, rebound, excellent passer, and his athleticism is god given, I agree he is the man.
Not only the best freshman but probably the best player in the country as of now.
No doubt about it. Kevin Durant is the best freshman in the nation and one of the best players in the country if not the best.
Yes, he is the best in the nation. And IMO he is the best in the Nation out of everyone.
Thank You Alfus. Durant is the BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY! I don't know if I have EVER seen stats as crazy as his and it seems like it is every other game that he get's stats like 37 points , 25 rebounds. Just awesome to watch and seems like a VERY good kid!
alfus21 Wrote:Not only the best freshman but probably the best player in the country as of now.

I agree. But Oden isnt having the year i thought he would.
Durant is the best freshman in the nation, hands down. Oden just isn't playing as good as anyone thought that he would.
But people has to look at the focus also,. Durant is there go to guy and Oden isn't at OSU as there coach is alot like Tubby in there styles of play. Texas likes to RUN AND RUN AND RUN!
K-State beat them by 1 last night, and Durant had 32 points and 9 rebounds.
Told you, it is EVERY game!
Pupaw Wrote:Durant is the best freshman in the nation, hands down. Oden just isn't playing as good as anyone thought that he would.

Well he has been playing left handed for the most part of the season b/c his right wrist isnt back to 100%, but when it does we will see what everyone has been expecting, but so far he is having an excellent season, but Durant is all around a better player IMO. I would love to see them both stay for a few years but they probably wont b/c both their stocks are so high for the draft.
Dickie V was talking last night during the Texas/Texas A&M game about how much Durant loves school. He was just saying that he really enjoys the students, the dorm life, etc. Could he be staying for maybe 1 more year?
I Hope So!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Dickie V was talking last night during the Texas/Texas A&M game about how much Durant loves school. He was just saying that he really enjoys the students, the dorm life, etc. Could he be staying for maybe 1 more year?

Would like to see it, heck Id like to see him stay all 4 years!
He had 28 points and 15 rebounds in yet another loss to a much more experienced Texas A&M team 100-82. They said it was his 14th double double of the season.
-STAT- Wrote:He had 28 points and 15 rebounds in yet another loss to a much more experienced Texas A&M team 100-82. They said it was his 14th double double of the season.
They said that was a new University of Texas school record for double-doubles by a freshman in one season.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:They said that was a new University of Texas school record for double-doubles by a freshman in one season.

Which is off the charts, lol.
He is the man without a shadow of a doubt. The best in the nation only player that could probaly beat him out of POY is Alondo Tucker from Wisconsin due to their rank and record.
That would be the only reason, but with his kind of stats, I don't see how you could not give it to him!
I would Deff say Durant is the best freshman in the nation!
Yesterday v.s. Iowa State it was the first time he didnt score more than 26 points againist a Big 12 opponent. And he still had 17!
Overall I think Durant is better than Oden. But in the draft if I needed a big man I would have to go with Oden. Just because he is more physical and more of a post man. If i wanted a scorer and a difference maker with many matchup problems i'd go with Durant.
I think he is the best this year but in two years look for Oden to be.Time will tell!!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:I think he is the best this year but in two years look for Oden to be.Time will tell!!!

Hopefully not, but Id say Oden will be in the pros come 2 years and so will Durant. But I would love more than anyone on here to see them stay all 4 years and earn their education. Id say these guys have a good head on their shoulders and should make the right decision.
He is simply the best Freshman in college basketball right now.His game is very solid and his defensive skills are very good.
I hear they both may be back in college next year. Durant I think is the player of the year in the NCAA.
Pages: 1 2