Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My computer is very slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It takes FOREVER for my computer to do something...opening a program, opening IE. Anything. If you mess around too much it'll just freeze and everything will close out. It just stresses me out because it is so slow. Anyone know how I can speed it up any?
yea go back on in here any there are some tips
you can buy more RAM its memory that makes your desktop run more at once buy some virus protectors or restore to a better working time but probably the best thiing is to reinstall windows Xp deleting all the old stuff it helps tremendously
Cali - Reformatting sounds like your answer.
I have like reeaaalllyyy lowwww memory and a reaaalllyyyy slow processor. I think I need to just get better ones or something. Or that's what I have been told.
The RAM and GHz are really low. If it were me, I would upgrade but if anyone knows of other ways try them out. Save some money before you do anything drastic.
You could format and install TinyXP. Requires very little resources compared to standard xp..
How would I go about doing that? But then wouldn't I lose everything that I have on there? Sad
If your computer is running really slow it could be a lot of things.. could be IE needs to be cleared out, could be you have a modem sitting too close to your CPU, just depends on what connection and processor your using..
I talked to her today and she actually has a new computer now so I guess that is solved.
Cali mine is doin the same thing. It barely runs two programs at the sametime. It takes almost 15 mins to restart. When i turn it on now it says that it failed coming out of hibernation mode?????????? Someone save me before I run my fist through the side of it and electrocute myself.
The easiest and cheapest way to make your computer run faster is to buy more RAM.

The second-easiest way is to buy a new one with a faster processor.
TomSportsHack Wrote:The easiest and cheapest way to make your computer run faster is to buy more RAM.

The second-easiest way is to buy a new one with a faster processor.
But that is not the problem... I should not have to buy more ram to run two programs. Something is wrong and I want to fix it.
What kind of computer? How old? How much RAM? Processor speed? Drive capacity? Operating system and version? What software are you trying to run? Intel on-board video, or standalone video card?

(I misspoke earlier ... adding an ATI or nVidia video card will also do wonders for your system performance.)
Amun-Ra Wrote:But that is not the problem... I should not have to buy more ram to run two programs. Something is wrong and I want to fix it.
Ram is where ur speed is...you would be suprised the speed u pick up and would prolly run ur programs also.
RAM does not make your computer faster. You could have 10000000000000000000 gigs of ram and it wouldn't matter. The Microprocessor is the speed, and the only way a lot of ram is going to get used is if you have a good processor.
CraftCreeker Wrote:RAM does not make your computer faster. You could have 10000000000000000000 gigs of ram and it wouldn't matter. The Microprocessor is the speed, and the only way a lot of ram is going to get used is if you have a good processor.

On the flip side of that you can have the fastest processor known to man and not enough RAM and your computer will still be slow. In most instances RAM will speed your computer up somewhat. If not there wouldn't be a need for RAM upgrades.

It takes a certain amount of RAM to run certain programs. For instance if windows 98 needs 32 MEGS of Ram to run the program efficiently and you only have 32 MEGS then any program you are trying to run will slow down the system due to a shortage of RAM. The processor cannot overcome RAM shortages. Therefore a RAM upgrade will speed the system up allowing you to run multiple programs without lagging.
along with every other post... RAM get 512... if price is right check ebay.. good deals or CPU
CraftCreeker Wrote:RAM does not make your computer faster. You could have 10000000000000000000 gigs of ram and it wouldn't matter. The Microprocessor is the speed, and the only way a lot of ram is going to get used is if you have a good processor.

lol, I have no clue where you are getting your information. But a ram update will speed up your computer.
Might have to much stuf in your hardrive. Try deleteing some of your things that you don't need. Then you could crash it and then reboot it.