Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: D2 Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
D2 gonna b a SWEET field with favorites: Lex Catholic, Belfry, Clark Moores, Barret and New Harlan. Can't wait!!
New Harlan is D3
Again, only stating facts. Your 2015-16 SAAR numbers (which are pulled every 2 years) for your 5 feeder MS were D2 (170 6/7 grade males). Period.

Notwithstanding the fact that you were placed in D3 bracket last year. Now I'm sure all other true D3 teams in Region 4 are aware of these numbers as well. Just saying.
Yes we are aware and that is the correct count. The KYMSFA was notified last year right before the playoffs started that New Harlan was over the D3 limit by 19. They said that they knew they were and a mistake was made putting them in D3. I guess we will see what they do this year. Also this acknowledgement of them being over the limit was made in a email from the KYMSFA that I read. I know that this is a yearly debate but the SAAR numbers don't lie and are easily accessible.
I'm so over saying we are D3 and if you knew that why did you put on here we are D2. We will see we're they put us but I'm pretty sure it will be D3.
I'm not committing on this again but if you want to go back and look at Coach Lockwood's comments on us being D3 go ahead and look but you might not like what he said lol
When will these brackets be released?
Before the playoffs start...LOL

With win/loss dues this week, I assume they will be worked on and released sometime next week. Normally they gotta figure out locations, times that work for all teams, this gets difficult when you have a 7th and 8th grade team in playoffs. Play in round is October 4th so It has to be before then.
I'm not sure I would call Barret or Clark Moores a favorite or put them in the group of favorites. In their region maybe, but not for the entire division.
D2 should be:
Region 1 - TK Stone
Region 2 - ??
Region 3 - Barret/Lex Catholic
Region 4 - Belfry

I am not sure of who is in region 2.

I know Barret is Undefeated and a well rounded team. They just defeated CAL last night 28-0. They have good size on the Offensive line and a solid running passing attack. Defense is strong.
Redwolf Wrote:When will these brackets be released?

Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Before the playoffs start...LOL

With win/loss dues this week, I assume they will be worked on and released sometime next week. Normally they gotta figure out locations, times that work for all teams, this gets difficult when you have a 7th and 8th grade team in playoffs. Play in round is October 4th so It has to be before then.

What Lockwood said, only additional info I can add is that teams that will be playing in a play in game, will be notified before brackets are released so they can get travel worked out. So some teams will know they have a game before they see the brackets.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm not sure I would call Barret or Clark Moores a favorite or put them in the group of favorites. In their region maybe, but not for the entire division.

Coach_Lockwood Wrote:D2 should be:
Region 1 - TK Stone
Region 2 - ??
Region 3 - Barret/Lex Catholic
Region 4 - Belfry

I am not sure of who is in region 2.

I know Barret is Undefeated and a well rounded team. They just defeated CAL last night 28-0. They have good size on the Offensive line and a solid running passing attack. Defense is strong.

My thoughts on Barret (which mean about as much as the ink used to print this text.) Barret has done a good job of building that program to make it better each year. Now they also have the (been there before) on their side a bit. One thing I always seem to see at Semi Finals is teams that have been there before seem to play better out of the gate, and being there before can make a difference, if anything just in confidence.

I think that showed in last years championship game between Bowling Green and Johnson Co. Both teams had been there before as 7th graders, and neither team to me seem to panic during the game.
Coach Lockwood you can lol all you want but the facts are that the Vice President of KMSFA was emailed the correct enrollment for New Harlan last year just before the playoffs started and he agreed that they should have been in D2. But said that it was to late to correct it. And this was his reply in a email that is still available to look at. I guess we will see when the brackets come out if the KMSFA does the right thing this year. I'm just stating the facts and can't understand why the AD or principal from this school sent the enrollment numbers in to start with??????
I would watch some teams from division 4 like Corbin or bell that just might show up and beat some good teams
so what you are saying is you want us put in D2 after the alignment was done last year. The boys have played all year as D3 and to put them in another district isn't fair to them. Regardless of who made the mistake if there was one, this affects the boys and they have worked and beat to many teams to be done wrong at the end of the year. Everyone has said they couldn't win the games they have and the boys have. Last time I checked we have only lost one game and that is to Belfrey. We beat bell, North Pulaski, Wayne and Corbin. Could that be the reason you want them out of D3.
I told y'all a while ago I was done with this new Harlan division conversation. So please leave me out of any conversation that has to do with division talk.

My predictions are:

D1 - north Pulaski
D2 - belfry
D3 - New Harlan (until told they are d2 and then I go with Meece)
7th - Johnson (this might change after the Johnson-N. Pulaski game Saturday)
Meece has to get healthy New Harlan or no New Harlan. Was told today still no RB, of course QB, but RB will be back. That was they're worry was depth and the injury bug and it hit hard. As far as New Harlan its like this if your over the limit, then your over the limit. The KYMSFA will do what is right because if they don't do what they stand for such as fair sportsmanship, equality then why should the players, and teams. So what I'm saying is if the numbers say D2 and they are put in D3 then the KYMSFA goes against what they are suppose to be about, and losing true D3 teams in theyre playoffs for up coming years is not worth catering to new Harlan if the numbers say D2.
If New Harlan goes D2 that would complicate an already competitive class. Lex Cath, TK Stone are teams that may have something for Belfry in their 5-peat. New Harlan definitely has the team to compete in this class.

Btw I think Wayne is 6 over D2 we will happily move down.
Alignment was wrong last year and the KMSFA admitted it and said that it was to late to fix it before the playoffs. Your AD or Principal sent the wrong numbers in so you need to lay blame where it lies!!!! Also is it fair to all the small schools in D3 to play against a D2 team????? Also New Harlan should have played a D2 schedule this year knowing what their enrollment is and I'm sure it was discussed with the KMSFA and if it wasn't after notification last year blame is on both of them not the other kids playing on true D3 teams.
I may be wrong on this, but aren't alignments re-evaluated every two years? If that's the case, this would be the 2nd year I believe, so New Harlan wouldn't go anywhere until after this season. Now if it's a legitimate error, that may be something that doesn't warrant a wait on correcting, but that's not my decision to make.

As far as New Harlan's schedule, they have played a D1 schedule. They'll be fine and ready for whichever division they end up in. They may be my pick regardless of division. They'd be a top 2 or 3 team in D1, D2, & D3.
I don't know who sent in the numbers or anything like that..but I do know we are not being catered too so I don't understand that remark.. The way I feel about it is simple if we are D3 then we play D3 if we are D 2 then move us to D2 we will play there also.. These boys play with so much heart and I believe they will do good no matter what.. No since In disagreeing on it we have to wait and see what is gonna happen .. But yes this is the 2 nd year so I don't know how all that works with the numbers I was told they would recount after the 2nd season.. Again don't know how true that is because I dont under stand any of this.. But if they change us to D2 then ok we play D2 I have confedence in this boys to go a ways in this no matter what..we have played D1 and D2 schools also D3 it was a very tough schedule with very good teams on everyone of them.. Proud Patriot Momma
Was told earlier in the year that Division classifications are set every 2 years. If that's not the case...then I suspect Belfry could also slide down in class. Their enrollment has dropped quite a bit
I would not worry about New Harlan , good group of boys very polite they can win it no- matter what division their in . Well rounded team !!
it seems like a no brainer New Harlan should be in D-2 if there numbers call for it regardless of what happened last year.
I got to go with my Pirates in D2 again in a 5-peat