Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Co. vs N. Pulaski at JC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Johnson County's 7th and N. Pulaski 7th will start at 5 on Saturday at Eagle field and the 8th grade game will follow.
Any news?
Games not till Saturday...but this should be a major battle! This is a game that I think we will see again in the region 4 finals (and the winner is possibly gonna be the state champion)
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Games not till Saturday...but this should be a major battle! This is a game that I think we will see again in the region 4 finals (and the winner is possibly gonna be the state champion)

Too bad im busy saturday, Id like to see this one play out. Oh well.
Should be a great game! Not sure if either 7th grade has truly been tested this year! Northern 8th grade shouldn't have any problems.
Should be 2 good games, wish I could watch this one. I look for johnsons size to be too much for NP up front, and NP speed too much for Johnson. that being said I'll take Johnson to shock NP in both grades.
You could be right,but I still take speed over size.Not sure what will happen in 7th.Noth Pulaski has put a running clock on every team they have played and that includes Bowling green at bowling green and Corbin at Corbin.North Pulaski's 8th grade handled Johnson pretty easy in last years regional finals so I'm going with them in both 7th & 8th.
I would take NP speed in a normal situation as well. Although I am factoring in size, home field advantage, and coming off a loss to belfry. The eagles will be ready for the maroons.
Home field will play a big part but,the Northern Coaches will have them ready.
Will this game even count towards playoff records? Since it is after the deadline?
I do believe it will count, many teams still have 2 games left to play. That would be a good question for plantmanky or coachlockwood though.
Games will not count toward playoffs. Deadline to submit scores for season to determine points was Thursday.
How can that be true when there are still conference games to be played though, I know at least 3 conferences still have games to be played. And winning your conference is additional points.
If THOMCAT says the sky is Green... there's no need to look up.
So it does no good to play your final games? Or be in a conference? Why is the seeding going on over a week before even play in games begin. I understand that teams must be able to get travel arrangements, but what about the games that still haven't been played. For example this NP v. Johnson game could have huge implications as far as 1,2,3 seeding.
Not counting the final games happens every year. Need to move the playoffs up or back a week anyway to be honest.

Now getting back to topic. If Northern's 7th plays like they did last night this Saturday, the young Maroons will get ROCKED with a capital R. Here's to hoping they come back down to Earth and play like they're capable. Starts at practice.
KYMSFA sets dates for all paperwork. If conferences do not finish play before the deadlines then it is no ones fault but the conference. It takes the KYMSFA some time to set the brackets, set dates, set locations and get officials. The schools must have notice for travel. I think the KYMSFA does a fantastic job.
I'm not putting the KYMSFA at fault, I think it is awesome what they have done for middle school football. Was just saying it was a little confusing that games are going on after the selection committee meet. Here's my only question, when does the Johnson v. NP game become relevant in the seeding process? Will it be factored in if there is a tie between 2 teams?
THOMCAT Wrote:Games will not count toward playoffs. Deadline to submit scores for season to determine points was Thursday.

That can't be right when teams still have conference games to play!
Wildcat18 Wrote:Not counting the final games happens every year. Need to move the playoffs up or back a week anyway to be honest.

Now getting back to topic. If Northern's 7th plays like they did last night this Saturday, the young Maroons will get ROCKED with a capital R. Here's to hoping they come back down to Earth and play like they're capable. Starts at practice.

I agree completely but I don't think you'll see them come out like that again. I think they were overlooking Whitley and came out flat. This team has looked so good all year that people were stunned that they didn't come out and score on every play! When they finally woke up and started playing football they looked pretty good.
Mustang Jax Wrote:That can't be right when teams still have conference games to play!

Teams were required to turn in their schedule with wins and losses for the season yesterday. Games up till then will determine the seeding. This date has been know by all middle school teams since the beginning of the season. They should have scheduled their conference to end before the deadline.
7th grade game N Pulaski up 20-0 over Johnson Co. N. Pulaski out playing JC on both sides of the ball right now. JC was driving the ball down the field on 2 separate drives and lost fumbles both times. If JC takes care of the ball this game is a lot closer. N.P. took the opening kickoff for a TD.
26-6 final
I'm thinking very similar score in 8th grade game
JC was in this game all the up till kickoff! Northern Pulaski dominated from then on! In fact if not for two 15 yard penalties late in the fourth quarter JC wouldn't have scored at all!
Can someone post updates for 8th
8th grade game. N.P. 12 JC 8 at the half.
Sounds like a good one
Where's the updates?
NP won 20-8 Johnson did a great job controlling the clock.
Pages: 1 2